Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-11-2020, 07:32 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Games certainly.

I play my son's PS3. And I still have a couple of games to play on that. Cracking games at 10 quid a time.

We will go in halves on a PS5, specifically to buy and play PS4 games. So, what you said was excellent news.

I agree with you. I will just skip the step of buying a PS$ because with what you said about frme rates it seems an unnecessary step. 500 quid for the PS5 hardware is not much in the scheme of things these days. Some on here spend that on a pair of theatre tickets and a meal. LOL

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 18-11-2020, 09:43 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Bit of a Palava but should be getting my ps5 tomorrow.

I’ve got 2 ordered (one for a mate), but only got delivery details for one of them and that was hard enough to get!
Old 19-11-2020, 12:20 AM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What Sony did at Oxford Circus station is some brilliant advertising.

Subtle, but creative.
Old 19-11-2020, 06:37 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post

Subtle, but creative.
Must admit I am now more than a teensy bit envious of those getting a PS5 today. Haha, just seen. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-11-2020, 09:41 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Does it really need to be quite so large?
It needs cooling towers
Old 19-11-2020, 09:43 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
I think gaming has reached a ceiling in terms of graphics, they can improve frame rates etc but in terms of realism we probably need to progress a few years into the world of quantum computers and microchips for the next big leap.
No you need to be in VR for further realism and the resolution is getting there

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Why would you buy a cheap PS4 if you have the idea to uprade to a PS5.

You won't see the benefits of frame rate improvement on the old machine, and are you likely to play the game again on PS5 if you have played it through on PS4.

It would have to be a very cheap PS4 or it isjust money down the drain.
I would imagine a greater improvement would be in load times. I just moved house and yesterday set up the XBox360 and played some Halo 4. Tbh O have no 'allegience' to either platform atm, I have about 5 games in total, and I tend to game on PC but that will get an upgrade so I can combat flight sim in VR before any console. I'm interested because of any VR combatibility

Last edited by Spindle; 19-11-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 19-11-2020, 10:25 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
No change-up of new generation consoles and games can seem to improve how excruciatingly naff and irritating cut-scenes are. A blight on gaming no matter which Hollywood star they ship in for a voiceover. Sometimes you can just tell which games are going to be cut-scene heavy - and the new gen seems to be promising lots of them.
Old 19-11-2020, 11:45 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Currys in major launch complete cockup shocker.
Old 19-11-2020, 03:31 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lots on EBay for £1,000 shouldn’t be allowed but people will pay it unfortunately.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 19-11-2020, 07:12 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder if anyone on this thread, in the U.K., has now successfully received their ps5?
Old 19-11-2020, 07:18 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
I wonder if anyone on this thread, in the U.K., has now successfully received their ps5?
Not quite me, but 3 of my mates did. Lucky bastards.
Old 19-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Been looking today for the eldest but no joy. He'll have to learn some patience
Old 19-11-2020, 07:38 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Phillip View Post
No change-up of new generation consoles and games can seem to improve how excruciatingly naff and irritating cut-scenes are. A blight on gaming no matter which Hollywood star they ship in for a voiceover. Sometimes you can just tell which games are going to be cut-scene heavy - and the new gen seems to be promising lots of them.
Exactly.

How much of the machine's capacita and download time is wasted on that. If we want to watch a movie we'd use Netflix.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 19-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Been looking today for the eldest but no joy. He'll have to learn some patience
Keep an eye on Currys and Argos.
Old 19-11-2020, 09:05 PM
Just a girl

Missie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMissie Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got mine - the sad thing is it’s a Christmas present for my sons so it won’t be played for another 6 weeks.
Old 19-11-2020, 09:13 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
I have - came via Amazon at 10am this morning. havenít had much chance to play on it though.
Old 19-11-2020, 09:37 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Mine came at 11.

I actually had 2 on order (one of which is for a friend). Had no confirmations for either of them. Managed to get details for one last night. The other is still showing as unshipped but was attempted to be delivered while I was out walking the dog.

The console is great and it’s hard to describe how amazing the controller is.

For some reason my saved game data for Spider-Man didn’t go across which is rather irritating so need to have a play around with it.
Old 19-11-2020, 11:59 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got mine today, definite grey tint to the console. Only played Astro so far, graphic wise not much of a step up. Think the games collection is brilliant for any newcomer to PlayStation. Great that you can open to store so easily and select games for download so much quicker.
Old 20-11-2020, 12:26 AM

Quote:

Subtle, but creative.
Yeah, a great bit of work.

We pitched to work on the launch but Iím not surprised they went down this route. Though there were doubts about doing a campaign like this with such little foot flow but theyíve PRíd it very well.
Old 20-11-2020, 01:48 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:

Subtle, but creative.
Signs all made down the road on the Isle of Wight they are VERY cool

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018