Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-11-2020, 05:39 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Its good. Basically a refined ps4 pro on initial experience.

Graphics aren't a jaw droppingly huge leap. But games always take a while to get the most out of new consoles. Think we will see the bigger differences with games like the next battlefield or gta that will be designed for it specifically.

What it is, is smooooooooth!!! A noticeable improvement over the 4 initially. Go back to the ps4 though and you notice it more. The 4 now seems clunky and dull. The 5 vs the 4 is the 1.0 micra vs the 5l v8 mustang. Both sit at 80 on tbe motorway but the micra is at 5000 revs about to shit itself while the mustang is barely at 2000 puring that it wants to go! As games get more taxing it will be more noticeable.

Anyone with one I recommend you try rhe astro play room or whatever its called. The free game that comes with. I jumped straight on cod and wasn't going to bother. As a result I thought the new controller was nice enough. Haptic vibrations nice but over hyped.....

Nope, if game designers decide to support it properly that controller could be amazing. Astros will show you. The variable resistant triggers with the rockets vibrations thing was awesome. I really hope future games embrace the tech in that, its great!! I only stuck with that for 5 mins as wanted to shoot so probably more to see but its well worth a look.

If prices continue to rise I might have to sell until in a better position but I think going back to the 4 will be disappointing.

Good early impression. Fast, smooth and cruising in idle with most thats been thrown at it
Old 20-11-2020, 07:38 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Its good. Basically a refined ps4 pro on initial experience.

Graphics aren't a jaw droppingly huge leap. But games always take a while to get the most out of new consoles. Think we will see the bigger differences with games like the next battlefield or gta that will be designed for it specifically.

What it is, is smooooooooth!!! A noticeable improvement over the 4 initially. Go back to the ps4 though and you notice it more. The 4 now seems clunky and dull. The 5 vs the 4 is the 1.0 micra vs the 5l v8 mustang. Both sit at 80 on tbe motorway but the micra is at 5000 revs about to shit itself while the mustang is barely at 2000 puring that it wants to go! As games get more taxing it will be more noticeable.

Anyone with one I recommend you try rhe astro play room or whatever its called. The free game that comes with. I jumped straight on cod and wasn't going to bother. As a result I thought the new controller was nice enough. Haptic vibrations nice but over hyped.....

Nope, if game designers decide to support it properly that controller could be amazing. Astros will show you. The variable resistant triggers with the rockets vibrations thing was awesome. I really hope future games embrace the tech in that, its great!! I only stuck with that for 5 mins as wanted to shoot so probably more to see but its well worth a look.

If prices continue to rise I might have to sell until in a better position but I think going back to the 4 will be disappointing.

Good early impression. Fast, smooth and cruising in idle with most thats been thrown at it
Cheers, that’s a pleasing initial summary. It certainly sounds good enough to me at this stage! I am thinking I will particularly notice the difference having only owned a PS4, and not experienced the slight, but often noticeable, improvements of the PS4 pro.
Old 20-11-2020, 11:23 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Still replaying Vice City GTA on my fat Ps2 - still going strong....

SaulAlinsky
Old 20-11-2020, 01:24 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If I get the 5 no way will I be trading in my 3, still fantastic, in mint condition and play BF4 online most days, the servers are still rammed so it’s still very popular.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 20-11-2020, 02:25 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Bigend has summed up the console very well.

Everything about it feels very intuitive.
The controller is a dream, and the best one I've used out of Nintendo (I still love the N64 and Gamecube controllers).

The layout is new, and very easy to navigate.

I've not had a chance to play any PS5 only games yet. I've got COD (which I've not played in years), but waiting till I can properly have a play.
Everything feels much smoother and quicker. Particularly vs my PS4.

The only 2 negatives, are the size of the console. It really is a big piece of kit, and depending on your set up, could take some fitting in. I've got it lying flat which isn't how I'd like it, but can't fit it behind/under my TV otherwise!

I also need to work out how to get my Spiderman game data transferred across, but everything else seems perfect. I played The Last of Us (which I've been dipping in and out of for about a year), and it took me to where I'd got too without any drama.

I think you'll see the benefits more in the longer term, so I wouldn't really rush unless you're a keen gamer.
Old 20-11-2020, 02:49 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice one Tomo. Am liking that loading times are significantly reduced, from what I’ve heard, on the majority of working PS4 titles.
YouTube will probably be able to assist you with the transfer of the PS4 data - seems to be videos today most things these days, lol.
Old 20-11-2020, 04:15 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Yeah I didn't have a PS4 Pro, so for me it's significant. And as I said, I could justify it for once, and felt like I needed something new and shiny to play with. I'm certainly not regretting it.

The PS4 transfer only seems an issue with Spiderman, so going to try again in a minute.
Old 20-11-2020, 09:25 PM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Demon's Souls...Man, it's ******* hard, but it's probably one of the best looking games I've ever seen graphics wise.
Old 21-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Spider-Man sorted itself out when I updated the game.
Ironically I was cancelling the download until my save game appeared then just gave up.
Old 21-11-2020, 09:48 PM
King of Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Spider-Man sorted itself out when I updated the game.
Ironically I was cancelling the download until my save game appeared then just gave up.
Oh cool. To be honest, judging by the community, you aren't the only person I've heard experiencing that issue and with the same game seems a fairly common issue
Old 22-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Still replaying Vice City GTA on my fat Ps2 - still going strong....
Best game ever
Old 22-11-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Oh cool. To be honest, judging by the community, you aren't the only person I've heard experiencing that issue and with the same game seems a fairly common issue
Yeah. Turns out there was a patch on the update.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:54 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Best game ever
Ocarine, Oblivion/Skyrim, Deus Ex, Bioshock TigerWoods, Football Mánager, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Wolfenstein, Thief, Tomb Raider, Max Payne, Dishonored, The Last of US, Rainbow Islands, Pinball Dreams and Fantasies,, Call of Duty, Tetris and d Pacman.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 22-11-2020, 10:09 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Ocarine, Oblivion/Skyrim, Deus Ex, Bioshock TigerWoods, Football Mánager, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Wolfenstein, Thief, Tomb Raider, Max Payne, Dishonored, The Last of US, Rainbow Islands, Pinball Dreams and Fantasies,, Call of Duty, Tetris and d Pacman.
From yours championship/football manager and golden eye.

Plus
Red alert 2
C&c generals
Battlefield 2/3/4
Fifa
Cod modern warfare inc warzone
Various versions of gta

Sure there are more but those have probably taken most of my game time
Old 24-11-2020, 04:40 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Best soundtrack ever
Old 24-11-2020, 08:13 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Best soundtrack ever
It is famed. And I have played it, even with my youg grandsons.

Still in the box, with Max Payne and a few others. One kind poster sent me a few old PC games over many years back for free postage and everything. A Wolfenstein, first two CoDs, and a few others.

I would add Xenon 2 - Bitmap Atari/Amiga as far as sound goes. Blasting that up on high volume while blasting away was tops. Like watching the foyer scene in Matrix or the opening scene in Blade.

Old 24-11-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
From yours championship/football manager and golden eye.

Plus
Red alert 2
C&c generals
Battlefield 2/3/4
Fifa
Cod modern warfare inc warzone
Various versions of gta

Sure there are more but those have probably taken most of my game time
All about preferences for certain types of games. You like war games.

I like FPS or most probably RPG including rogue ansd stealth. I play single player because I am crap. Never been good at football or the driving games. Don't like the fighting games and so so on platformers. I feel that godlike games like Empires, Railway Tycoon or Civilisations would just kill my realtionship with the real world and family, so have always taken a steer.

I like a pick up and play retro game whether it be on a cheap console, arcade hybrid or flash. Best avoid on phones as you cant manage the controls efficiently.

I love me a Tower Defense game and I have loved golf. Can't be arsed with Candy Crush/Bejewelled type or the curse that is Idle gaming.

Just introduced the 5 year old to Bubble Bobble. He loves it. And the 12 year old as gone from Mario to full on Retro. Other grandson is into Zelda or Megaman.

Old 27-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
These numbers are difficult to compare as Xbox had a slight headstart and it doesn't include PS5's worldwide release on 11/19.