Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 30-09-2019, 10:03 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
I thought the banner was referring to levelling the economic playing field. I guess it's all about interpretation.
Yes. And your interpretation is wrong. And I suspect potential Labour voters will share my interpretation.

But that is the aim of the producers of the banner anyway. They want Labour to be a narrow revolutionary sect.

Edit : Just seen your edit! Apologies.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Yes. And your interpretation is wrong. And I suspect potential Labour voters will share my interpretation.

But that is the aim of the producers of the banner anyway. They want Labour to be a narrow revolutionary sect.
See edited post. I didn't see the effigies.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 30-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Edit : Just seen your edit! Apologies.
An editing frenzy. Apologies all round!

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 30-09-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
The Tory conference has just got underway

To view the link you have to Register or Login
True.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:15 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can you really not see the problem? Will it really make potential Labour voters think:

"Yes. I want to throw my lot in with these people. They're definitely on the same page as me"

We say it's time to dial down on the nasty rhetoric and you give it this support.
A kinder, gentler politics?

I am an anarchist at heart but we can only move in the direction of freedom, cooperation and tolerance through progression not revolution.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:20 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Although there of course comes a time that if evil and autocracy is forced through it has to be opposed by force.

To date the government has just about been held in check by rebel tories, parts of the media, the SNP, Gina Miller, the courts, parliament and the speaker.

Note how ineffective Labour have been
Old 30-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Although there of course comes a time that if evil and autocracy is forced through it has to be opposed by force.
Not while we've got the right to vote.
Old 30-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I would love to think you are right. But polls (fwiw) aren't supporting that view at present.
In the last YouGov poll 20% of self-proclaimed Tories think he should resign. Quite high for six weeks in the job!

Anecdotally MPs who faced trouble in their constituencies say there's been membership churn with more Brexity voters joining or returning and more moderate members leaving
Old 30-09-2019, 10:58 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
In the last YouGov poll 20% of self-proclaimed Tories think he should resign. Quite high for six weeks in the job!

Anecdotally MPs who faced trouble in their constituencies say there's been membership churn with more Brexity voters joining or returning and more moderate members leaving
May well all be based on the court decision last week?
Old 30-09-2019, 11:27 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can you really not see the problem? Will it really make potential Labour voters think:

"Yes. I want to throw my lot in with these people. They're definitely on the same page as me"

We say it's time to dial down on the nasty rhetoric and you give it this support.
I'm not defending the banner, I'm pointing out that the MPs complaining about it voted for the austerity that caused those deaths. Which would you suggest is more serious?
Old 30-09-2019, 11:28 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
The problem is that the hanging effigies make the words seem far more sinister
I don't condone what the banner says. I also don't remember this level of coverage when Tory policies killed 130,000 people.
Old 30-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I'm not defending the banner, I'm pointing out that the MPs complaining about it voted for the austerity that caused those deaths. Which would you suggest is more serious?
You were defending the banner. Reread your post. And I also think the 130,000 figure has been widely discredited. It's fake news.

Last edited by Baffled Bob 2; 30-09-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 30-09-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
You were defending the banner. Reread your post.
Apologies if it comes across that way. The rhetorical question was to point out the hypocrisy of the MP who took the picture rather than a defence of the language used in the banner.
Old 30-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
And I also think the 130,000 figure has been widely discredited. It's fake news.
Discredited in the sense it might not be that high. But surely 1 death is too many?
Old 30-09-2019, 11:40 AM

What's wrong with just saying that austerity has utterly failed and you should vote for a party that is going to do something about it?

Threatening violence against those that launched this policy is totally counterproductive.
Old 30-09-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
What's wrong with just saying that austerity has utterly failed and you should vote for a party that is going to do something about it?

Threatening violence against those that launched this policy is totally counterproductive.
I agree
Old 30-09-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Discredited in the sense it might not be that high. But surely 1 death is too many?
Of course it isn't. Governments make choices that affect mortality all the time. When Labour opposed pit closures in the 80s they were effectively advocating the deaths of people from COPD. And I supported it.
Old 30-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Of course it isn't. Governments make choices that affect mortality all the time. When Labour opposed pit closures in the 80s they were effectively advocating the deaths of people from COPD. And I supported it.
I'm not entirely sure that's the same thing? You'd also support better working standards in order to greatly reduce risks. What policies have the government implemented in the last 9 years to significantly reduce the deaths caused by austerity?
Old 30-09-2019, 11:54 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Which party wasn't going to undertake austerity?
Old 30-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Which party wasn't going to undertake austerity?
They all did in 2010. I'm sure that makes it right.