Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-11-2020, 09:29 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Boris saves Christmas is the headline he's wanted for a while.

The 'world beating track and trace system' headline flopped a bit you see.
Unfortunately, Boris does not want to be seen as the Grinch who stole Christmas.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:32 AM

Crozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is here
I can’t imagine how much No.10 spends on plumbers as all of their leaks seems to happen at the weekend. And coincidentally just before the man child in charge has to deliver news.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:37 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
I canít imagine how much No.10 spends on plumbers as all of their leaks seems to happen at the weekend. And coincidentally just before the man child in charge has to deliver news.
It's right wing populism. Have a check round the world and look how well alt right wing populists have done during this pandemic. Pretty much top of all the stats.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:51 AM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Royal Free has moved my Monday appointment to telephone consultation.
That happened to me a couple of weeks ago at the Churchill Hospital in Oxford. It was meant to be a video consultation but it didn't work so they rang me.
Old 22-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
Does anyone here actually follow any of the mixing with friends or family rules?
Yes. Most of my friends and family are doing so too.
If you think it's pleasant
To shoot a pheasant
Then I think that makes you a...
Old 22-11-2020, 09:57 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
I think if I was in a vulnerable category this is the point I'd be really strict with any contact except possibly outside with masks as the vaccine is so close and clearly some restrictions are going to be loosened.
To shoot a pheasant
Old 22-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
We are still ten days from the targeted end of this so-called lockdown, with infection levels and deaths far too high, but Johnson has seemingly already made a decision about what is going to happen after December 2nd. He is going to replace this "lockdown" with something like a tier 3 plus plus, in other words another LINO (lockdown in name only). This will include opening the pubs again but delaying the closing time to the normal 11pm, and the mass exodus and congregational behaviour, outside. Shops are going to open too.

We have the prospect of the first round of the vaccination programme taking place next month that will continue apace into January and the spring, but Johnson could not resist doing what he always does, and that is pander to populism, and encourage more infections in the meantime, that will add to the burden that hospitals face, deep into the winter months, that could disrupt the focus on vaccination.

I simply say that given the vaccines are approved for use, why just because its Christmas, would anyone now screw up this programme with premature actions of this nature? 25% of people are already saying they are already or are going to ignore the family get together restrictions, this action can only add this trend, and lose everything we are currently gaining from the measures we are imposing now. Yet again, all the wrong messaging going out.
The economic and social arguments for Xmas are irresistible as are those for sending kids to school.

Given that deaths occur about a month after infection they won't drop until the end of the lockdown, its not something to base keeping the lockdown on.

People are getting fed up with it anyway I went to Tesco yesterday it was rammed, tried to go the Range but the queue to get in was 200 yards long. People are not staying at home. TBH honest if the local pub was open I'd have gone there.

Far from being the wrong messaging I think what they are doing is correct we should continue into next month with Tier3 type restrictions. We can have another lockdown in January, its a piss poor month anyway.
Old 22-11-2020, 10:11 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post

Far from being the wrong messaging I think what they are doing is correct we should continue into next month with Tier3 type restrictions. We can have another lockdown in January, its a piss poor month anyway.
January and early feb are notorious for high levels of depression, having a lockdown then just so we can have a virusfest at xmas is mental
Old 22-11-2020, 10:29 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
What department do you go to Stella if you donít mind me asking?

Iím always welcomed with open arms - on any Wednesday or Friday - especially if my symptoms have got worse and I need an X-ray. They sometimes call me but if we feel Iíd benefit from going in, there are no issues at all.

However, my clinic at St Georgeís has been very poor - not been open since the first lockdown and itís a clinic that is next to useless over the phone for a lot of people that visit
I'm Renal Transplant. I'm not complaining about not going in - I'd rather not. Just commenting because if the hospital is quiet, I wouldn't expect my in person appointment to be cancelled. I suspect they are taking no chances, gearing up for any spike.
Old 22-11-2020, 10:33 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I think if I was in a vulnerable category this is the point I'd be really strict with any contact except possibly outside with masks as the vaccine is so close and clearly some restrictions are going to be loosened.
That's our strategy. We continue to behave as we did with the first lockdown. But it's very hard, with two teenagers back at school and many people behaving like c*nts. Maybe you just notice that more if you're at risk? Vaccine can't come quickly enough for me. The obsession with Christmas is ludicrous. Another illegal rave in Essex. What absolute f*cking spanners.
Old 22-11-2020, 10:48 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's our strategy. We continue to behave as we did with the first lockdown. But it's very hard, with two teenagers back at school and many people behaving like c*nts. Maybe you just notice that more if you're at risk? Vaccine can't come quickly enough for me. The obsession with Christmas is ludicrous. Another illegal rave in Essex. What absolute f*cking spanners.
^^^

We have two teenagers at school, one studying and one working so weíre taking it seriously but the hardest thing is I have to support my mum at the moment who is 78 and has an underlying health condition.

Itís like playing Russian roulette every time I see her but she lost my Dad after 54 years of marriage last month. We socially distance, but thereís stuff to do.

Every single year group in the school has had at least one confirmed case of covid in the last fortnight.

Cricket wanker.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:07 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
^^^

We have two teenagers at school, one studying and one working so weíre taking it seriously but the hardest thing is I have to support my mum at the moment who is 78 and has an underlying health condition.

Itís like playing Russian roulette every time I see her but she lost my Dad after 54 years of marriage last month. We socially distance, but thereís stuff to do.

Every single year group in the school has had at least one confirmed case of covid in the last fortnight.
Must be loads of us in a very similar position. We are primary carers for my wife's two 90 year-old parents, with her mum bed-bound advanced Parkinson's. We have no choice. I've documented that on here, with her getting Covid in hospital, stays caused by the lack of response from the GP and district nurses. The battle to stop the hospital sending her back home Covid positive. The fight to keep them out of care homes, and the struggle to do the right thing while I am supposed to be shielded.
Maybe if you don't have these kind of pressures Covid is no big deal?
Old 22-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
my 76 year old mother in law has terminal cancer so this will be her last christmas, but we're not allowed to visit her. Quite possibly my kids will never see their granny alive again. So, we all have different kinds of pressures.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:21 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This whole Christmas thing is a tricky one. The government might aswell "save Christmas" if they believe people will do what they want anyway. Seems silly for the govenment to not use that as leverage for another lockdown.
There's no way they can ruin Christmas then ask for more lockdowns. It's all part of the game.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:23 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Must be loads of us in a very similar position. We are primary carers for my wife's two 90 year-old parents, with her mum bed-bound advanced Parkinson's. We have no choice. I've documented that on here, with her getting Covid in hospital, stays caused by the lack of response from the GP and district nurses. The battle to stop the hospital sending her back home Covid positive. The fight to keep them out of care homes, and the struggle to do the right thing while I am supposed to be shielded.
Maybe if you don't have these kind of pressures Covid is no big deal?
That is so much pressure you are under, I don't know how you manage.

But you've hit the nail on the head. People's circumstances are infinitely different, and arguably we're locking down to prevent severe covid impacts on a small minority of the people when the vast majority have minor or no covid impact. Whether you think that is worth it or not will depend on many things, obviously including which side of the fence you or people you know are.

I honestly don't know the right answer, but I also don't understand how some people can be so certain one way or the other.
Old 22-11-2020, 11:54 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
my 76 year old mother in law has terminal cancer so this will be her last christmas, but we're not allowed to visit her. Quite possibly my kids will never see their granny alive again. So, we all have different kinds of pressures.
What a desperate situation. I've not get anything particularly helpful to say but best wishes to you all.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:11 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
That's very tough. My best wishes to you all. x
Old 22-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
^^^

Only 3 out of 7 year groups open in my daughter's school. She doesn't mind being off as she's got mocks in 2 weeks.
To shoot a pheasant
Old 22-11-2020, 12:15 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
That is so much pressure you are under, I don't know how you manage.

But you've hit the nail on the head. People's circumstances are infinitely different, and arguably we're locking down to prevent severe covid impacts on a small minority of the people when the vast majority have minor or no covid impact. Whether you think that is worth it or not will depend on many things, obviously including which side of the fence you or people you know are.

I honestly don't know the right answer, but I also don't understand how some people can be so certain one way or the other.
Well, the right answer is for people to stop behaving like c*nts, surely. And to understand that everything is connected, whether your pressures are clinical, social or economic. The focus has to be on getting out of this pickle as soon as possible. With an increasingly less pliable public and an incompetent government, led by a f*cking idiot, that's more easily said than done. I have genuinely got to the point where I don't want to live in this country anymore.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:16 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
It's right wing populism. Have a check round the world and look how well alt right wing populists have done during this pandemic. Pretty much top of all the stats.
Those are just the ones that tell the truth. I can't imagine what it is like in places like Belarus where the real extent of the problem is clearly being hidden.