Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:24 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Barry Bannan playing welll
Old 05-07-2020, 11:40 AM
Googling my Goggles

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Yet he played Cabaye and RLC in our midfield. We had the 7th best chance creation in the division by the end of that season. Just a shame our strikers have been shit for years .RLC played in the world cup thanks to Roy....

We keep taking quality players out of our squad and not replacing them. Failing to replace RLC, Cabaye and Bats being the most egregious examples of our transfer window failures.
This is the crux we fail to replace our quality players

We are a plastic little South Coast club with middle class nimby supporters.

9 times out of 10 times the quietest are the loudest fumbling through your privates
Old 05-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Yet he played Cabaye and RLC in our midfield. We had the 7th best chance creation in the division by the end of that season. Just a shame our strikers have been shit for years .RLC played in the world cup thanks to Roy....

We keep taking quality players out of our squad and not replacing them. Failing to replace RLC, Cabaye and Bats being the most egregious examples of our transfer window failures.
This. Roy has always played good young players if they are available. BUT he is not stupid and so he wonít pick them if there are better players around. Also Ďbetterí means can be relied upon to deliver a consistently good impact and adhere to a game plan. It doesnít mean play brilliantly when he feels up for it or once every 5 games. Itís not rocket science. He is paid to get results. Itís DFís job to get players into the club and developed ready for selection. So sending our Sorloth for loan experience and Wickham for fitness makes 100% sense, but giving an irrevocable buy option on the former or flogging the latter in the summer might not be if he comes through these games fit and in form ....

The world has changed and you canít just throw youngsters in like we could 15 years ago (TBH I am not sure it worked back then either), they have to be Ďoven readyí not feathered or they and will get a good plucking!
Old 05-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
This is the crux we fail to replace our quality players
We donít have the money to replace like for like.

Thatís why we buy Kouyate for £10m and we havenít bought a back up winger for almost 3 seasons.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:01 PM

Johnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnsonpen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
We donít have the money to replace like for like.

Thatís why we buy Kouyate for £10m and we havenít bought a back up winger for almost 3 seasons.
Glad we didnít need cover at RB
Old 05-07-2020, 03:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Interesting couple of posts on that Charlton Life link I posted about the Chelsea under 11's team from about 8 years back.

Of the group in team pictures, it looked like 8 or 9 of them are playing professional football, Gallagher being one, and more than a couple have played for England at senior level.

Pretty amazing really. Must be pretty unique, and shows how much Palace need the academy improvements.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:16 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Absolutely no way we get him for £10m.
If Chelsea have a £20-25m buyback clause then it is feasible they let him go for £10m. They sold Ake for £20m with a £40m buy back clause.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Pilgrim Eagle

Location: On the road that leads from Horsham Eagle to Dorking.Eagle
John from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Localish lad but from territory which is more Chelsea than Palace. Born in Epsom, family lives in Great Bookham near Leatherhead. 2 of his brothers Dan and Jake play for Dorking Wanderers in National League South.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:49 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Nothing special today doubt we would pay £10m for him , maybe a loan but that would be another short term fix ( also i guess Chelsea would want us to guarantee some playing time )
Old 05-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Nothing special today doubt we would pay £10m for him , maybe a loan but that would be another short term fix ( also i guess Chelsea would want us to guarantee some playing time )
Got to love this place...

Earlier everyone was banging on about how they couldn't see Chelsea selling him for as cheap as £10 million, one game later and we can't see Palace paying that much!

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising
Old 05-07-2020, 09:21 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Earlier everyone was banging on about how they couldn't see Chelsea selling him for as cheap as £10 million, one game later and we can't see Palace paying that much!
Old 05-07-2020, 09:26 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

To be fair I said Chelsea don't usually let their young players go that cheap but I don't know anything about how good or how much they rate this young man so mine was a very un-informed comment.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:45 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Well Chelsea fans on twitter are dead against the idea so that's handy. Seem to think he's the next Frank Lampard. I guess the big issue for Chelsea is that you can only loan 8 players over 22 from next season and it drops to 6 soon after. So I think you won't see them handing out 4 or 5 year contracts anymore to their youth talents. A time is coming soon where Chelsea are going to be forced to sell players instead of using them as a source of loan income for multiple years and then maybe integrating them into their squad at 23/24ish. Also the senior player rule means after next season Gallagher would have to be named in Chelsea's squad. Now the loan limitation does only apply for international loans initially and clubs have three years to achieve it domestically. However in the UK there are limits on the number loans in the PREM so that'll cause them problems.

I can see why they only gave him a three year contract before sending him out on loan. To avoid getting bitten on the bum for the 21/22 season. I can see Chelsea loaning a lot of players to the Championship from now on because the loan limits are much more generous in the Championship.

Given all of that there might actually be a chance of getting him. Certainly the rules around loan players are going to make it much harder for them to do what they did with RLC. In the long run if they don't start selling their talented 22/23 year olds it's going to cost them a lot of money in wages that can't be offset with loan fees

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 05-07-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:51 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Interesting couple of posts on that Charlton Life link I posted about the Chelsea under 11's team from about 8 years back.

Of the group in team pictures, it looked like 8 or 9 of them are playing professional football, Gallagher being one, and more than a couple have played for England at senior level.

Pretty amazing really. Must be pretty unique, and shows how much Palace need the academy improvements.
I found this:

For what it's worth I believe Dominic Solanke was also one of them (not in the photo).
Old 06-07-2020, 08:14 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looking at the video Conor Gallager looks very impressive in most things he does, and would be a cheaper option to my 1st choice Cantwell as he may be out of our reach now. Also Gallagher looks very composed with good long and short passing ability, good hard shot and has an eye for goal, also crucially he has the physicality to go with it and all of that for a 20yr old says a lot for his talent and he is one we should make every effort to get him to the club, but Buy and not loan as all that would do is develop the value of the player for Chelsea's benefit.
I can see us doing business for sure with Chelsea this summer with Batshuayi looking a cert to join possibly for around 15m, another Chelsea player i would also make every effort to bring in is that little dynamo Gilmour on a season loan to add flair/passing and energy to our midfield, as we know Chelsea wont sell as he is highly rated but we can tempt them by ensuring him regular first team football for his development which they wont.
Make no mistake our Midfield needs restructuring desperately and i would move on Meyer and McCarthy as they have contributed very little, but keep McArthur as he would offer great cover in the squad.
As for the Wide Midfielder role, sell Townsend and replace with Fraser, will Zaha move on? i am not sure for the money we would ask, but assume he does then Delafeau should be his replacement. At Right Back, if Ferguson does not join then i would look at the 19yr old from West Ham on a free he looked very good in that game i saw him play in yes ver impressed with his running, crossing and energy levels.
Finally we need another CB as we must move on Sakho to reduce wages for a player that is seldom fit, his replacement should be the commanding ball playing centre back Holding at Arsenal would be a great capture.
They would be my new additions, but several of our players will need to be moved on to make savings and balance the books, but also they contribute very little and we know who these players are so it should be an easy decision making policy for the Board.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:09 PM

Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Montyburns76 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Apparently in his presser Roy didn’t neither confirm nor deny that we are in for him
Old 06-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He said what he always said; that is he will not comment on individual transfers.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:03 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Can he run with ball and create something? That is what is sorely lacking in our team
Apparently yes
Old 06-07-2020, 04:04 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
No thanks.
Why not?.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Cracking player only to be ruined by roys dull setup
Like RLC was you mean