Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:54 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Does anyone think Sorloth would offer less than Benteke?
Despite Benteke being in woeful form in front of goal he still contributes and even in current form he’s better than Sorloth!
Old 07-09-2019, 11:54 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Does anyone think Sorloth would offer less than Benteke?
only those who understand football, as little as Benteke offers.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:13 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I think Sorloth would offer more than Benteke... I think he’d work the back line more and run the channels. This would mean more space for Zaha. I have a pretty low opinion of CB. I think Cameron Jerome and Frazier Campbell would also offer more. I think a hard working forward is what we need... to create space for Zaha.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:14 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosowski View Post
The Turkish league is Championship standard.
Lol! Thanks for that, needed cheering up. best laugh today.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:19 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I think CB can’t physically do the job required of him in our team set up.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:23 PM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Good luck being a striker at Palace FULL STOP...………………….its a cemetery filling up quick.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:59 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think Sorloth would offer more than Benteke... I think he’d work the back line more and run the channels. This would mean more space for Zaha. I have a pretty low opinion of CB. I think Cameron Jerome and Frazier Campbell would also offer more. I think a hard working forward is what we need... to create space for Zaha.
That'll be Jordan Ayew then
Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
That'll be Jordan Ayew then

Yep, hence the upturn in our performances... a hard working striker that will run the channels and pull defenders about is what we’ve been crying out for, but I was theorising on CB and AS.
With CB up front, we are too easy to play against... and when we don’t have the ball... he is limited in what he can do.
For me CB is now a sub... a plan B.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:13 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think he would. Benteke has done OK this season as well remember. Making 2 excellent chances against Everton and starting the move that beat Manchester United. I have rarely seen Sorloth contribute like that in a Palace shirt.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Uncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Neal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sørloth is out of his league - that was obvious from his first few games.

Palace fans like effort hence blinkered views of Wickham, Rodger, Abraham etc. But the reality is that those above were very poor payers.

Football is all about opinion but CB despite abysmal form is ina different league.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:48 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I don't think he would. Benteke has done OK this season as well remember. Making 2 excellent chances against Everton and starting the move that beat Manchester United. I have rarely seen Sorloth contribute like that in a Palace shirt.

CB can’t play the role RH wants... it’s not about who is the better player... it’s about who offers more in the system we play. CB physically can’t run the channels, pull defenders out of position or work the back line.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
CB can’t play the role RH wants... it’s not about who is the better player... it’s about who offers more in the system we play. CB physically can’t run the channels, pull defenders out of position or work the back line.
I think Roy wants different options. Or I hope he does.

Ayew is able to run channels and is a much better player than Sorloth and Benteke offers something different. I think both of them offer more than Sorloth.

The big problem of course is they are the only two options we have apart from Wickham who has barely played in 3 years or asking Wilf to play there.

I think letting Sorloth go made a lot of sense but it would have made a lot more sense if we had signed a striker as well.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:46 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think Roy wants different options. Or I hope he does.

Ayew is able to run channels and is a much better player than Sorloth and Benteke offers something different. I think both of them offer more than Sorloth.

The big problem of course is they are the only two options we have apart from Wickham who has barely played in 3 years or asking Wilf to play there.

I think letting Sorloth go made a lot of sense but it would have made a lot more sense if we had signed a striker as well.

Ayew is by far our most effective striker. I think Sorloth is the next best... that’s not to say he is brilliant... just that he has the attributes needed to play the “Ayew” role better than CB/CW. You will never get CB to run channels, pull defenders out of position or work the back line. CW can’t do it for 90 mins. Ayew’s goal Vs Villa was the perfect example of a striker making a run in to the channel... CB never does that... he is immobile and like a lamppost upfront.
If Ayew gets injured, we’re back to having a slow, static striker.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:13 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
The only type of striker who will prosper in Roy's stystem, is a defensive fwd who runs his nuts off, like Cameron Jerome was, or at the top end, someone like Suarez (we can but dream). Playing static target men in it and expecting any of them to do anything but fail, is stupid. Least of all anaemic, disinterested or mentally weak ones like Benteke and, from what we've seen of him, Sorloth. The latter i give a degree of a break to, as he has never been given any kind of run in the team. Which further underlines what a poor / unjoined up signing he was in the first place
Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
The only type of striker who will prosper in Roy's stystem, is a defensive fwd who runs his nuts off, like Cameron Jerome was, or at the top end, someone like Suarez (we can but dream). Playing static target men in it and expecting any of them to do anything but fail, is stupid. Least of all anaemic, disinterested or mentally weak ones like Benteke and Sorloth.
lol. Waffle. Love it when people miss out the batman to suit their agenda.

Roy, you deserve better than our fanbase
Old 10-09-2019, 06:36 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Sorloth is poor and not the answer
Old 10-09-2019, 07:00 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Neal View Post
Sørloth is out of his league - that was obvious from his first few games.

Palace fans like effort hence blinkered views of Wickham, Rodger, Abraham etc. But the reality is that those above were very poor payers.

Football is all about opinion but CB despite abysmal form is ina different league.
Nobody was saying this after the Everton and Tottenham games
Old 10-09-2019, 07:31 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The simple fact is we are woefully short of a "proper" Striker and have been for some time now, yet gets ignored.
We all realise that CB, CW and AS are just not up to it based on their performances we have seen for the past 2 seasons and that is the sad fact, and in all honesty if that were to happen at nearly ALL other premiership clubs (not forgetting we have been an established premiership club of 7 seasons) changes would have happened without question, not us.
AS for Ayew he has done very well lately but we also should remember that is only for the past 2/3 games, but never forgetting how poor he was previously and was only ever seen as a squad addition when re-signed.
Like it or not imo the club should have made every effort to have brought in replacements for these non performing players so as we move forward, instead we extend their contracts, yes we understand the reasons for doing so to ensure we tie them down so as not allow them to leave on a free. But was that a sensible cost effective approach in rewarding non performing players? or should we have just cut our losses and moved forward? which is probably easier said than done is the dilemma the club has faced, only time will tell if we have made the right decisions.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:57 PM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would agree that we have needed a goalscorer for a while now, and that Ayew has only very recently come into the kind of form that we would like to see from a forward.

Assuming that we are not able to make a major signing to fill that slot, it really is about giving someone a good run in the forward position to see what they can do. Ayew has quite rightly got the shirt at the moment. If we really are going to persist with Benteke then for God's sake let's get some crosses in from the bye-line, but I would say that's he's had his chance and better to get him off the wage bill even if we lose him for free at the end of the season. Sorloth won't be back for a while and it was a signing for way over the top money and we didn't do our homework there (I work with some Norwegians and they all laughed at what we paid). Wickham has not ever had a run in the team since his injury so it's unfair to write him off as not good enough, in my view he should be the sub for Ayew towards the end of the match.

Whoever is up top we need to play to their strengths. No point hoofing it up to Ayew in the air, no point having Benteke in the side and not crossing the ball in etc etc
Old 10-09-2019, 09:24 PM

eagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty aireagle1066 is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Dont understand when people say that hodgson doesnt play CB in the right way when we have had basically the same players/line up from 2 years ago and CB was playing better/scoring.
He scored against leicester with a header and hit a point blank at smichael who did a starfish save. CB is the problem not hodgson.

COYP