Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 25-01-2023, 04:36 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Tottenham holding talks with Pedro Porro.

That’d put Spence all the way down as a 4th choice right wing back.

As with most people, my concern would be his attitude. If Spurs are looking to offload Spence, I’d imagine we’d be well in the discussions, considering our need for a right back.
Looking in from afar, I'm not familiar with what these alleged attitude problems are, and I've seen a few people on here mention it, so not a dig at you Palace43.

Can you (or someone else) give an example?
Old 25-01-2023, 06:54 AM

Palace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Looking in from afar, I'm not familiar with what these alleged attitude problems are, and I've seen a few people on here mention it, so not a dig at you Palace43.

I think it’s mainly based on what Warnock has came out with.

Having delved deeper online, Cooper has given good reviews, and there’s some articles and tweets out there saying he’s a model pro in training in Tottenham.

So maybe not as much as a concern as many are saying?
Old 25-01-2023, 07:32 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't think he was helped when Conte basically said I don't know who he is and I don't want him here at Spurs after he signed.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 25-01-2023, 09:46 AM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reasonable suggestion. We're at the end of the line with our current options.
Old 25-01-2023, 09:51 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwich_Eagle View Post
I don't think he was helped when Conte basically said I don't know who he is and I don't want him here at Spurs after he signed.
Fancy saying that!
Old 25-01-2023, 10:01 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Neil Warnock had him at Middlesbrough and didn't rate him or pick him, seemingly due to his 'application' so let him go to Forest on loan where he helped them get promoted and then got his move to Spurs.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Warnock said: “There are not many players where you can say it’s all up to them personally how far they go – it’s what’s between the ears.

“He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don’t know.

“Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He’s got the tools, there’s no doubt about that.”
Old 25-01-2023, 11:11 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
As an attacking Right Back he is right up there and is a player i rate highly for his attacking play, but does our system play to those strengths when he likes to swing in crosses? to do so you then need a decent Centre Forward at the end of those crosses and unfortunately we dont have that player to take full advantage. And this is where if having a Chris Woods or Antonio type in the middle we would see the full benefits of Djed Spence pace and crossing ability.
But we must also remember having cost 20m and probably on high wages he wont come cheaply if we have a loan to buy agreement.
Lets see where this rumour leads to in the next week, if anywhere at all.
Old 25-01-2023, 02:36 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
As an attacking Right Back he is right up there and is a player i rate highly for his attacking play, but does our system play to those strengths when he likes to swing in crosses? to do so you then need a decent Centre Forward at the end of those crosses and unfortunately we dont have that player to take full advantage. And this is where if having a Chris Woods or Antonio type in the middle we would see the full benefits of Djed Spence pace and crossing ability.
But we must also remember having cost 20m and probably on high wages he wont come cheaply if we have a loan to buy agreement.
Lets see where this rumour leads to in the next week, if anywhere at all.
How many times have you seen him play?
Old 25-01-2023, 03:44 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
I think it’s mainly based on what Warnock has came out with.

Having delved deeper online, Cooper has given good reviews, and there’s some articles and tweets out there saying he’s a model pro in training in Tottenham.

So maybe not as much as a concern as many are saying?
Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure I give much credence to Warnock's gibbering.
Old 25-01-2023, 03:46 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure I give much credence to Warnock's gibbering.
Best fans in the world, last job in football blah blah blah…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 25-01-2023, 03:54 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
For some reason I have an image of a frowning Jason Puncheon trying to buy a multipack of brown envelopes in WH Smiths.
Old 25-01-2023, 03:56 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Looks like Spurs might get the right back from Sporting.
Old 25-01-2023, 04:01 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
How many times have you seen him play?
Most likely as many times as you have.
Old 25-01-2023, 06:01 PM

Sirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If spurs get another right back,Spence will be forth choice.Wouldnt suprise me if West ham go in for him . Doherty must be open to offers as well but again I think he is better as a wing back.And still the search goes on for a new right back at the Palace.
Old 25-01-2023, 06:11 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Three widely followed Spurs linked Twitter accounts reporting that he is being allowed to go on loan. No sale or option included. Us, Southampton, Leicester, Brentford and Bayer Leverkusen the linked clubs, although one of the accounts dismisses Leicester and Brentford.

Fans following them seem to want him to go to us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 25-01-2023, 06:32 PM

Joelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoelsim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Three widely followed Spurs linked Twitter accounts reporting that he is being allowed to go on loan. No sale or option included. Us, Southampton, Leicester, Brentford and Bayer Leverkusen the linked clubs, although one of the accounts dismisses Leicester and Brentford.

Fans following them seem to want him to go to us.
They know we haven't got a decent RB.
Old 25-01-2023, 06:41 PM

Sirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirmatt : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Southampton I don't think need a right back,Walker-Peters is playing out of his skin a really good buy that .I remember at the time asking a spurs mate of mine what he was like he said to small,he's turned out to be a cracking buy.Spurs have tried and failed with about six right backs in that time.
Old 25-01-2023, 06:44 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Most likely as many times as you have.
Swisssshh
Old 25-01-2023, 07:58 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmatt View Post
Southampton I don't think need a right back,Walker-Peters is playing out of his skin a really good buy that .I remember at the time asking a spurs mate of mine what he was like he said to small,he's turned out to be a cracking buy.Spurs have tried and failed with about six right backs in that time.

Spence, Richards, Guhei, Mitchell

Decent
Old 25-01-2023, 08:00 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Neil Warnock had him at Middlesbrough and didn't rate him or pick him, seemingly due to his 'application' so let him go to Forest on loan where he helped them get promoted and then got his move to Spurs.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Warnock said: “There are not many players where you can say it’s all up to them personally how far they go – it’s what’s between the ears.

“He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don’t know.

“Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He’s got the tools, there’s no doubt about that.”
He needs an arm around him , not a rocket apparently . Cooper certainly got a tune out of him and wanted to buy him / loan him

Last edited by aj4england; 25-01-2023 at 08:59 PM.