Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 16-01-2021, 12:12 PM
Lurker

sirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsirdougie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Well, indeed. I'm one of the few people who cuts the Lib Dems some slack for their part in the 2010-15 coalition, including even (shock! horror!) tuition fees. The irony (indeed, stupidity) of their fall from grace is that any serious Lib Dem voter should have been fully aware that their policy on electoral reform was highly likely to lead to future coalitions, and that Lib Dem philosophy was all about building parliamentary consensus. However, it appears most of their voters viewed them as a sort of Labour-Lite default alternative to the Tories in everything, without comprehending that the Lib Dems were closer to the Tories economically, and in any case even more crucially, the parliamentary arithmetic meant that a Lib/Lab coalition wasn't feasible.

I was, and still am, a paid up member of the Lib Demís. We NEED coalition governments in this country to shift us from the oscillating ideological shite we pit up with now
Old 16-01-2021, 12:17 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdougie View Post
I was, and still am, a paid up member of the Lib Demís. We NEED coalition governments in this country to shift us from the oscillating ideological shite we pit up with now
They did hold the tories back to some extent, but I wonder if it would have been better to let the tories try to manage in minority government.
Old 16-01-2021, 12:22 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
They did hold the tories back to some extent, but I wonder if it would have been better to let the tories try to manage in minority government.
Better in what way? For the country?
Old 16-01-2021, 12:33 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
1%
Old 16-01-2021, 12:54 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
You and others make decent points. Maybe having a sizeable party of grade A ***** in the Commons [insert joke about Tories here] would've forced the other mainstream parties to come to a sensible accommodation, but I am not convinced that they would necessarily all have worked well together in a political crisis. The Tories & Lib Dems managed to in 2010-15, but look what happened afterwards; and of course the opposition parties could not get their act together when the Tories were in the minority before the most recent election.

Having rabble-rousing populists in legitimate positions of political influence is very risky. This is my main problem with PR: it sets a low bar for political misfits and troublemakers to enter Parliament.

FPTP has lots of problems though, it certainly isn't a method I am enthusiastic about.
Hasnít stopped the SNP.
Old 16-01-2021, 01:18 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Yes, Roger, thatís true. Heís sort of barely in the business these days. And you do find that past it artists often resent the new ones a bit.
Morrissey too.
Old 16-01-2021, 04:48 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Morrissey too.
Mr Lydon also.

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-01-2021, 04:59 PM

david sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavid sylvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's possible that I can get an Irish passport - seems the bloke who died in 1975 who I thought was my dad wasn't - his father was born in Ireland - so I'm checking official birth certificate for myself that I have never seen, and then will check adoption papers, and then get my newly found sort of adopted aunt to help me get Irish (adopted) grandad's details and Irish citizenship process will start.

Looking to get out of here in a few years, and then hopefully try and engineer something for the kids. Country going down the shitter
Old 16-01-2021, 05:39 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by david sylvian View Post
It's possible that I can get an Irish passport - seems the bloke who died in 1975 who I thought was my dad wasn't - his father was born in Ireland - so I'm checking official birth certificate for myself that I have never seen, and then will check adoption papers, and then get my newly found sort of adopted aunt to help me get Irish (adopted) grandad's details and Irish citizenship process will start.

Looking to get out of here in a few years, and then hopefully try and engineer something for the kids. Country going down the shitter
Fingers crossed for you. There must be thousands of us looking at our options now.
Old 16-01-2021, 10:15 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I got my Irish citizenship last year.

Took a lot of digging because my gran was born in the north before partition and very few records remained. When I applied for a copy of her birth certificate they told me there was no record and two months late a copy arrived in the post. I have to say the consulate were extremely helpful.
Old 16-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:

You're Tony Cascarino and I claim five pounds.
Old 16-01-2021, 11:29 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

Good luck. I would love a European passport. I also agree that leaving is a good idea. I would like London to leave England and rejoin the EU as an independent city state.
Old 16-01-2021, 11:55 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Who would have thought that getting married to a Chilean 25 years ago would, from a passport point of view, be a clever move?
Iíve told this story before but when we lived in Belgium (1998) we decided to get her sorted with a UK (European) passport ... turned out she had to apply for the EU country passport of residence ... so she ended up with a Belgian passport. Now I can (and Iím currently looking into how to get it done here in Santiago) apply for a Belgian passport being the spouse of a Belgian passport holder. I will also be getting my Chilean passport next year.
Old 17-01-2021, 05:59 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Good to see that fool Johnson's father, sister and brother, have their French passports sorted.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 17-01-2021, 08:08 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Good to see that fool Johnson's father, sister and brother, have their French passports sorted.
Why is it ****ers like that can snap fingers and get one whereas us plebs are stuck.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-01-2021, 08:33 AM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
To be fair to them though i dont think any of them have actually supported Brexit have they?
Old 17-01-2021, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Why is it ****ers like that can snap fingers and get one whereas us plebs are stuck.
They have a french relative.

The cheapest place in the EU to buy a passport is Ireland at about £900k. Portugal is cheaper but you have to wait a lot longer.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-01-2021, 09:21 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
They have a french relative.

The cheapest place in the EU to buy a passport is Ireland at about £900k. Portugal is cheaper but you have to wait a lot longer.
Is that the amount you need in the bank when moving there?
Old 17-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Is that the amount you need in the bank when moving there?
Needs to be an investment in Ireland. Itís about half that amount if you give it to charity.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-01-2021, 09:36 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Dominic Raab rattled on Andrew Marr programme this morning explaining away fishermans concerns of going out of business within days once more as just "teething problems"

To view the link you have to Register or Login