Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-01-2021, 07:20 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Could do more? They encourage it. Otherwise why deliberately feed certain types of content. We know why of course.

It’s up to lawmakers to control these tech giants, not the other way round.
er to get more clicks to feed ad revenue...its their bottom line after all....i do't think you know why....

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-01-2021, 07:21 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
You seem to be asleep.
Bored by repetitive glibness yes... but not asleep obviously. You really need to try harder.

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-01-2021, 07:24 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
er to get more clicks to feed ad revenue...its their bottom line after all....i do't think you know why....
Obviously itís about money.
Old 16-01-2021, 07:26 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie Lee View Post
It's not specifically the medium. It's the algorithms they use. There are a couple of documentaries I watched concerning social media and the rise of far right rhetoric. It's largely all linked to Cambridge Analytica and the tactics used so effectively with Trump's run for president against Hillary and also Brexit.

The algorithms social media platforms use and the way they are designed essentially fuel the fire and make it easier for hate to spread and even radicalise people who may have been more reasonable and moderate before. I can't remember the names of the documentaries but I can have a look if you'd be interested in watching? It was quite astounding to watch.

I'm glad that social media platforms have started to shut down people like Trump, it's not the perfect solution but it's a start. At least they're now seemingly taking it all more seriously.
I think you should. It would increase your credibility substantially.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 16-01-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Obviously itís about money.
so its money rather then the content is it not?

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Pretty sure he's talking about this.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-01-2021, 07:29 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Wouldn't logic dictate that they'd have to be convicted of something first, not just charged?
Which would mean he wouldn't be the President with that power.
Sorry, Stella, but no. Ford pardoned Nixon before he was even charged for any crimes he may have committed while in office.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 16-01-2021, 07:30 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
so its money rather then the content is it not?
What do you mean?
Old 16-01-2021, 07:33 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Iím not sure pardoning them will help him personally (either with regards to impeachment or any civil suits) so I think itís unlikely. But who knows.
It means that he can continue to maintain that no crime occurred, so how can he be charged. Also if further insurrections transpire and, as many believe(!), he continues as POTUS, they can see that they will not face consequence.

Old 16-01-2021, 07:33 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I don't think it is particularly virtuous of social media sites to close him down on the cusp of him leaving office and with him facing charges and impeachment.

It would have been virtuous if they had done it when he called Mexicans rapists...or any other time in the last 5 years.

This is just them following the current trend, and if anything it is expounding their own previous cowardice.

I see there is talk of rmoving Trump from his brief apearances in films and TV - Home Alone, Sex and The City etc.. That is just pathetic.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-01-2021, 07:35 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
I don't think it is particularly virtuous of social media sites to close him down on the cusp of him leaving office and with him facing charges and impeachment.

It would have been virtuous if they had done it when he called Mexicans rapists...or any other time in the last 5 years.

This is just them following the current trend, and if anything it is expounding their own previous cowardice.

I see there is talk of rmoving Trump from his brief apearances in films and TV - Home Alone, Sex and The City etc.. That is just pathetic.
As though if Trump disappears then everything is ok again.
Old 16-01-2021, 07:36 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

Like tearing down Confederate statues pathetic, Peter?

I think the creators of that content have the right to say, "I repudiate this man and I will not have him presented positively, even neutrally, in my work."

I agree with you about the social media sites. And, for that matter, with the corporate sponsors who say they will not be donating to certain Republican politicians (whom they put there) now that they have their tax cuts.

Old 16-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
As though if Trump disappears then everything is ok again.
You be the judge

Old 16-01-2021, 07:38 PM

Brodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrodie Lee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
The Great Hack is one of them for definite. There were a couple of others though.
Old 16-01-2021, 08:10 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Whilst the mob were chanting "I can't breathe" in an attempt to mock BLM protesters, one of their fellow rioters was dying of crush injuries caused by the other rioters as they tried to force their way in to the Capitol. Trampling over her in the process.

Old 16-01-2021, 08:40 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love the Home Alone removal of Trump. I’d like for them to be as petty as possible. Total humiliation from every angle. Death by a thousand cuts. Vengeful much?
Old 16-01-2021, 08:50 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Whilst the mob were chanting "I can't breathe" in an attempt to mock BLM protesters, one of their fellow rioters was dying of crush injuries caused by the other rioters as they tried to force their way in to the Capitol. Trampling over her in the process.

That would be the fat lass.
Old 17-01-2021, 04:36 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
I wouldn't have banned him until the 21st as he's still leader of a country and precedents are important in cases like this, you give these companies an inch and they end up taking a mile, I believe Merkel had similar reservations.

I don't consider it to be a free speech issue and Twitter is probably more liberal on poor behaviour/controversial opinions than most of its peers (somebody complained about me once, it was after I called Frankie Boyle a twat I think but no action was taken).
Old 17-01-2021, 08:49 AM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
I wouldn't have banned him until the 21st as he's still leader of a country and precedents are important in cases like this, you give these companies an inch and they end up taking a mile, I believe Merkel had similar reservations.

I don't consider it to be a free speech issue and Twitter is probably more liberal on poor behaviour/controversial opinions than most of its peers (somebody complained about me once, it was after I called Frankie Boyle a twat I think but no action was taken).
They should have reported you to Frankie Boyle directly. Would have been much more fun to hear his response to you calling him a twat Iím sure.

In regards to Trump, the man is a clear and present danger, along with all the supporting QAnon bollocks. Itís wrecked millions of people peoples mental health and will cause a lot more death and destruction the world over. I think that is cause enough to shut the man down until he is out of power. Why people canít see that is beyond me.
Old 17-01-2021, 08:57 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin Up View Post
I wouldn't have banned him until the 21st as he's still leader of a country and precedents are important in cases like this
Yes, precedents are important. Things like... its not okay to incite insurrection to overturn the result of an election because you lost.