Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old Today, 07:28 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
This is an odd post isnít it?

Ferguson hasnít been paid for yet because they havenít held the tribunal and neither has he been fit enough to train with the first team, let alone play for us until last week. So his Ďcostí isnít accounted for in your £25m and he hasnít been an option at all to date. Only a sadistic lunatic would be suggesting a player that has struggled to recover from injury for 18 months and has only in his playing career started a total of 21 games should be thrown into one of the 3 matches being played in the next 7 days. To imply a negative about any Manager for not doing so seems bonkers.

Clyne has played 13 games, Ward has started 22. Clyne wasnít match fit on arrival and has been injured for 2 months (longer than I thought) since his first game for us according to fiso.

So citing not playing Clyne or Ferguson just seems a very odd comment and an even weirder to position them as not being picked by the Manager as a negative. How many Right backs can we play in the team?
Yep. Amazing what ignoring facts and reality can do to help something fit the "opinions" people have
Old Today, 07:31 AM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Surmising itís come down to Ďsafe hands Dycheí or more risky,potentially more expensive signings and maybe more entertaining football with Frank , wonder which way Stevie will go .
Hopefully in a different direction altogether.
Old Today, 07:32 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
If anyone thinks the football is bad now, it will be truly dire under Dyche, good manager but shocking to watch.
Old Today, 07:36 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Surmising itís come down to Ďsafe hands Dycheí or more risky,potentially more expensive signings and maybe more entertaining football with Frank , wonder which way Stevie will go .
Cannot see why SP would choose to spend more cash for more risk when the only reward is potentially better football. Especially in a club where he is a minority shareholder.
Old Today, 07:38 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Is that 'safe hands Dyche' the guy who's team haven't won any of it's last 9 home games and are still below us in the league?

If you want safe hands we might as well stick with Roy.
Old Today, 07:38 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Cannot see why SP would choose to spend more cash for more risk when the only reward is potentially better football. Especially in a club where he is a minority shareholder.
What makes you think a new manager who drastically changes our style would get more money. After all de boer proved that.
Old Today, 07:40 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
If anyone thinks the football is bad now, it will be truly dire under Dyche, good manager but shocking to watch.
He'll surprise you if he gets the chance. I can see him as a long term appointment.

There's more to him than people give him credit for in my opinion.

I'd feel quite hopeful if we had someone with his enthusiasm and drive at the training ground and on the touchline. It's all felt a bit flat for too long now.

Hope we get him.
Old Today, 07:41 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Ferguson is fit and Clyne is ill he's been fit for a few weeks. Roy does'nt appear to want to use either anyway. Which for Roy is nothing new. Butland is young and an England standard goalkeeper . The point stands we got in six players of good standard for less than £25M. Whether Roy chooses to use them is a different matter.
Sorry but that is factually wrong. Ferguson may now be fit enough to train, but he last played a competitive match in January 2020. Heís not being used because he is not ready to play. It is absolutely nothing to do with RH. As for Butland, has Guaita done anything to warrant being replaced by Butland? No. In fact he has been MotM or Player of the Month on several occasions.

Clyne has played a not too dissimilar number of games to Ward, but has also had a number of injuries and initial fitness issues.

The only players in the past couple of years that have confused me for their lack of play has been Camarasa, (but we donít know what other issues there may have been with him) and to a lesser extent Bats, but the second has shown little when he has played to suggest he should be starting rather than a bench option.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old Today, 07:42 AM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

For those who think Dyche is one dimensional listen to this. The mans a genius in terms of his mindset tapping into players.
But Dyche is a racist hoofball merchant apparently?

Funny reading the ignorant posts about him though. He's my choice all day long.
Old Today, 07:43 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
What makes you think a new manager who drastically changes our style would get more money. After all de boer proved that.
Well yes, and that ended well. Expensive football costs money and Iím not convinced we will be spending big.
Old Today, 07:44 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well I think that's where the divide in opinions is drawn

Do we all want to be safe in the league? Yes

Do we all want to enjoy the football we watch ? Yes.

Dyche is obviously seen as the safe choice by most but boring? For some staying up is 99% of the requirement but others want more risk for better football.

If Dyche truly does play to the strengths of players then he seems a great choice. Eze, zaha and even benteke (when we get the ball into him, which i suggest dyche would) are quality players and he will have money to spend. For those that think he would play the right football for our players then it seems we would have safety and style.

For those against the idea of dyche it seems they accept we will probably be safe but it will be 11 players behind the ball week in week out and roy ball will essentially stay for a decade.

I'm content with the idea of dyche, happy that I think he will be more expansive if he has the players to do that. Safe in a similar level of organisation to make us hard to beat.

Not against howe or lampard either, I do accept any increase in excitement is matched by apprehension. I really can't decide. I suspect it would largely come down to interview, perhaps more than previous appointments
Old Today, 07:47 AM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dyche for me.
He’ll be a good fit for us, and taking away their end of season performance yesterday, i’ve been impressed with their style of play in the games i’ve seen this season.
A solid PL manager, experienced in getting immediate promotions after relegations, and imho, the safest bet.
Lampard is too much of a gamble, and he had rumours of losing the belief of his more experienced players at Chelsea.
Old Today, 07:48 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Sorry but that is factually wrong. Ferguson may now be fit enough to train, but he last played a competitive match in January 2020. Heís not being used because he is not ready to play. It is absolutely nothing to do with RH. As for Butland, has Guaita done anything to warrant being replaced by Butland? No. In fact he has been MotM or Player of the Month on several occasions.

Clyne has played a not too dissimilar number of games to Ward, but has also had a number of injuries and initial fitness issues.

The only players in the past couple of years that have confused me for their lack of play has been Camarasa, (but we donít know what other issues there may have been with him) and to a lesser extent Bats, but the second has shown little when he has played to suggest he should be starting rather than a bench option.
Camarasa,
Bats
Sorloth (especially as when he was here Benteke was at his absolute worst)
Mateta

Effectively Bentekewas allowed to play himself into some kind of form, but it took 3 seasons

Sorloth, Mateta and Bats never even got 3 games
Old Today, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Camarasa,
Bats
Sorloth (especially as when he was here Benteke was at his absolute worst)
Mateta

Effectively Bentekewas allowed to play himself into some kind of form, but it took 3 seasons

Sorloth, Mateta and Bats never even got 3 games
Not really fair. Benteke had 2 poor season but he was injured for most of tbe first and had to play because he was our only forward. I love Steve but that was a mistake and it ruined benteke. He could hardly move and as is ignored here he needed an op. That destroyed him mentally and the next 12 months or so he was scared of a chance. It was a long way back.

During that time sorloth came in. He had a few moments but ultimately was poor. His comments since leaving about not wanting to do the hard work and his lack of ability in the air showed why benteke played. Sorloth wasn't good enough here

Mateta will play. Benteke is playing well, scoring goals and offers more overall. Players usually take a while to adapt to the premiership but in the case of mateta we have to buy him if we play him too much. We have him for another year and with benteke playing so well this season its sensible to ease mateta in, get him used to the UK, club, players and league before using up our free trial! We all want to see him, but it makes sense