Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-03-2020, 10:11 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
One of my employees lost his sister to it this morning - she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
Old 20-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
One of my employees lost his sister to it this morning - she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
Oh mate. I am so sorry to hear that. Itís just rotten.
Old 20-03-2020, 11:23 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
Oh mate. I am so sorry to hear that. Itís just rotten.
Cheers Dan - I thought twice about posting but it might make people realise that this isn't just a threat to old people.
Old 20-03-2020, 11:25 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Cheers Dan - I thought twice about posting but it might make people realise that this isn't just a threat to old people.
Glad you did, and find it difficult to believe that's still the case. Really frustrating.
Old 21-03-2020, 07:49 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thatís what killed my mum. Someone took a cold into her office after being told not to. ďItís just a coldĒ. Chemo had left her vulnerable but after fighting cancer for a couple of years she still had to work when she felt able. Watched her die of a cold for 4 days in hospital.

This is on another level and people are still violating the rules. Thatís why I fear for what will happen. Far too many ignorant and selfish people out there and they have the biggest impact. They are also unlikely to pay the price.

Thoughts to your man
Old 21-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Thatís what killed my mum. Someone took a cold into her office after being told not to. ďItís just a coldĒ. Chemo had left her vulnerable but after fighting cancer for a couple of years she still had to work when she felt able. Watched her die of a cold for 4 days in hospital.

This is on another level and people are still violating the rules. Thatís why I fear for what will happen. Far too many ignorant and selfish people out there and they have the biggest impact. They are also unlikely to pay the price.

Thoughts to your man
By the time there is vaccine, there will be many more stories like this.

As well as unnecessary deaths, financial issues leading to mental health and relationship problems should not be underestimated - I dread to think of the number of suicides over the next few months.
Old 21-03-2020, 09:10 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle View Post
A colleague's sister had exactly the same at Christmas , her company's staff had been in China in November. Said colleague had a dry cough she couldn't shift for around 3 weeks (no other symptoms) and her husband had 'flu'. I've just had normal cold symptoms but went through a couple of weeks of just feeling rough & having no energy at all, falling asleep soon after putting to kids to bed. I just put it down to the miserable weather etc.
I guess if it was in the country earlier would any deaths have been attributed to seasonal flu?
I had a cold in early January , it lasted only a few days but I had a cough that lasted about 3 weeks after that. Sounds exactly like what youíve described.
Old 21-03-2020, 09:48 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I had exactly the same.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 21-03-2020, 09:53 AM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sorry to hear this.
I have a wonderful colleague at work that within the last month has been diagnosed and started treatment for Oesophageal cancer.2 days after she was having an op one of her friends husband died of Covid 19,shes working from home now(Starting monday,after 2 weeks signed off) but is pretty scared now.
In my house i have both my wife and daughter who would probably both be at serious risk if they got it,so without being terrified we are trying to be sensible.

Whilst i can kind of understand it,i am getting a bit fed up with the constant "its only people with underlying health conditions" being trotted out as if thats ok then. Just a general comment not aimed at any individual here or even the bbs just a feeling i am getting all round as an excuse from people for selfish behaviour
Old 21-03-2020, 09:59 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
I had a cold in early January , it lasted only a few days but I had a cough that lasted about 3 weeks after that. Sounds exactly like what youíve described.
My 88-year-old mother was the same as well. She seems to get it most years. In the end she got a course of antibiotics that cleared it up in a week, so thankfully no panic. But at the moment, you never know.
Old 21-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I had exactly the same.
We really need the ... have you had it test ... so alongside other testing we would know the state of play.
Old 21-03-2020, 10:43 AM

Friskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFriskey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That virus in December was probably something else. There was no dramatic increase in ventilation requests or deaths. I had it as well. It was awful but I don’t think it was Covid-19.
Old 21-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I had exactly the same.
Me too.

Couldnít shake it, including a cough, for about four weeks.

Iíve been wondering.

Cricket wanker.
Old 21-03-2020, 10:54 AM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
,i am getting a bit fed up with the constant "its only people with underlying health conditions" being trotted out as if thats ok then. Just a general comment not aimed at any individual here or even the bbs just a feeling i am getting all round as an excuse from people for selfish behaviour
especially as they are apparently including heavy smokers and drinkers as a underlying health issue.

You just need to look at the Italian newspaper memorial pages to see this is affecting far from just the old.
Old 21-03-2020, 11:46 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
It doesn't help when minor celebrities go online saying that have coronavirus because the have a cough etc. and are feeling unwell. What we need to know is whether they have been actually tested or not and found positive.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-03-2020, 12:39 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Me too.

Couldn’t shake it, including a cough, for about four weeks.

I’ve been wondering.
You and me both, really irritable cough (particularly first thing) and very congested, plus no energy levels. This has gone on for 3-4 weeks now.
Old 21-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Dry cough, post nasal drip. No aches or pains, no fever. Should get test results early this coming wek

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 21-03-2020, 02:54 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
You and me both, really irritable cough (particularly first thing) and very congested, plus no energy levels. This has gone on for 3-4 weeks now.

Caught mine from the USA along with 50% of the staff that attended. Worst thing I've ever had I was in bed half conscious with a fever for 3 days then weeks of a cough. Cant have been Covid as Mr Trump says is a virus from CHY-NAH and no one else in the family caught it from me. Would be great if I had, as I wouldn't have to worry about going through all that again.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 21-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Wait until the Spring pollen count goes up.

There’ll be loads misdiagnosing the hay fever cough and watery eyes.
Old 21-03-2020, 10:24 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel fine but have a nagging tickle in my throat. I must have taken my temperature about 265 times today. With 265 different results. I think it’s 90% paranoia but we’ll see if I wake up in the morning coughing. It’s weird, I’ve felt myself feeling much more anxious about it the last couple of days. Partly because the ‘high risk’ people I know are just refusing to take it seriously.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing