Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 11-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Alrighty, did the draw and here are the results.

So, you can start making your bets now. Please refer to Stig's original post for all the rules, although we could tweak if anybody comes forward with a good idea. Just remember to have all your group stage bets actually finish in the group stage. So, don't bet on Iran to win the whole thing during this stage. I have a test tomorrow and Wednesday but will get on the leaderboard formatting before the first kickoff.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 11-06-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Oooh - I like my Group. I will have to have a cheeky bet on Milivojevic to score a penalty against my Team (I assume that's allowed). Should be decent odds on getting on the scoresheet against any of those teams.

I've decided that I am going to match my virtual bets with real ones to make it more interesting.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:28 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

I've decided that I am going to match my virtual bets with real ones to make it more interesting.
Same here. I have the team with the bird-like defenders (unless they are playing France).

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:36 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nice one Funk!
And welcome all the newbies
Old 11-06-2018, 03:44 PM
infiltrator

StuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes welcome everyone, especially those in my group who are all new I think
Old 11-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oooh - I like my Group. I will have to have a cheeky bet on Milivojevic to score a penalty against my Team (I assume that's allowed). Should be decent odds on getting on the scoresheet against any of those teams.
Yep, your 5 team bets only have to involve your team.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:05 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
I think the Gods have punished me as I have got Japan. I have my sword ready, my Zero revved and will be buying copious amounts of sake and Valleys caught raw fish. I may not even last as long as Japan in the competition.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 11-06-2018, 05:26 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
I need some clarification on the Rules please.

"Each contestant gets picked (by random) one of the national teams competing in the World Cup 2018. And then they have to do 5 bets related to [their] team (can bet against them and so on)."

So, is it 5 bets of 10 points on my team only (maximum 50 points)? Does that mean I can use the rest of my 200 points on non-related matches?

"Each separate bet made is 10 points meaning players have 20 bets during the first 14 days. Maximum bet on a single game is 10 points, same rule applies for identical multis."

Is this correct? So if I want to bet on my Team beating Brazil (I don't think I do), I cannot at the same time have another 10 on Milivojevic scoring in that same game. That seems a bit limiting.

"Singles and upwards accepted." This is confusing. Suppose I wanted to have an accumulator 10 point bet on my Team winning all three group matches. That seems to be allowed. However, technically, that would mean more than 10 points would be carried forward to game 2 (the stake plus winnings on game 1) etc. Is that right? Can you use any winnings to make extra bets in stage 1 - or are you limited to 10 points per match, even if (say) you won 500 points on the first match. If not, there seems to be an inconsistency.

Sorry if I haven't understood the rules properly.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:33 PM
infiltrator

StuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStuNick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No, a minimum of 5 bets have to involve your team, the other 15 bets can be on anything to do with the word cup (as long as they are settled before the round we are playing finishes) so you can have all 20 bets on your team if you want
Old 11-06-2018, 05:37 PM
infiltrator

I think what that rule you put means is you can have three of your bets (30 points) that Brazil will beat Cost Rica, you can only have one. You can then have another bet on Brazil -1 on the handicap etc
Old 11-06-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuNick View Post
I think what that rule you put means is you can have three of your bets (30 points) that Brazil will beat Cost Rica, you can only have one. You can then have another bet on Brazil -1 on the handicap etc
Can we clarify that - because as written only 10 points can be bet on any one match.

Perhaps it should simply read - "only one bet may be placed on any single match result."
Old 11-06-2018, 06:29 PM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Regarding the bets on my team, does a bet on a forecast in the group fall into that category?

A forecast not including my team that is.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I need some clarification on the Rules please.
So, is it 5 bets of 10 points on my team only (maximum 50 points)? Does that mean I can use the rest of my 200 points on non-related matches?

YES,

"Each separate bet made is 10 points meaning players have 20 bets during the first 14 days. Maximum bet on a single game is 10 points, same rule applies for identical multis."

Is this correct? So if I want to bet on my Team beating Brazil (I don't think I do), I cannot at the same time have another 10 on Milivojevic scoring in that same game. That seems a bit limiting.

Last time we had more than one bet on a single game, they just obviously had to be different bets i.e. Germany win, Germany win 5-0, Draw/Germany etc

"Singles and upwards accepted." This is confusing. Suppose I wanted to have an accumulator 10 point bet on my Team winning all three group matches. That seems to be allowed. However, technically, that would mean more than 10 points would be carried forward to game 2 (the stake plus winnings on game 1) etc. Is that right? Can you use any winnings to make extra bets in stage 1 - or are you limited to 10 points per match, even if (say) you won 500 points on the first match. If not, there seems to be an inconsistency.
There's no carrying forward of points. So a double is 10 points, if it wins that's the risk nature of doubles. Or indeed trebles or a fivefold. It works no different to a normal bet. Its not carrying 'forward' any winnings because you haven't won till the last bet really? Not hugely different to HT/FT (You can have say a win treble from a selection of four matches, that would be 4 bets.).

Hope that helps. Funk is busy now but Stig will swiftly correct me I know
Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Regarding the bets on my team, does a bet on a forecast in the group fall into that category?

A forecast not including my team that is.
The forecast bet would have to include your team for a team bet.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:40 PM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
The forecast bet would have to include your team for a team bet.
Yeh, I guessed that but was hopeful.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
What does the 8+2 mean in the second round, if your team gets knocked out in the group stages?

Annoyingly just realised I am on a plane and will miss England's first knockout match should they top their qualifying group. Unlikely as that is.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Call me Ishmael

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
What does the 8+2 mean in the second round, if your team gets knocked out in the group stages?

Annoyingly just realised I am on a plane and will miss England's first knockout match should they top their qualifying group. Unlikely as that is.
Think that was scrapped last time. It was originally to get another team in the last 16, then quarters etc. drawn against and make 2 bets involving them. Like I say, scrapped last time and just 10 open bets instead. Is that right Stig?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Think that was scrapped last time. It was originally to get another team in the last 16, then quarters etc. drawn against and make 2 bets involving them. Like I say, scrapped last time and just 10 open bets instead. Is that right Stig?
Ah OK cheers. Not expecting to get out of my group to be honest

Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:01 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post

Stig copied the rules from the 2014 comp but yes we have scrapped it. The idea was if you were in Group B and finished second, you would take over the team that actually finished second in Group B in the knockout rounds. Then if you won that match you would have the team that actually won that match and so on. I think it got too complicated, so we dumped it.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:22 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Here goes:

Bet 1 - Colombia v JAPAN - Japan to win 1-0 12/1 PaddyPower
Bet 2 - JAPAN v Senegal - Senegal to win 3-1 18/1 Bet365
Bet 3 - JAPAN v Poland - Poland to win 2-0 7/1 Bet365
Bet 4 - Group H Japan to qualify 9/4 Ladbrokes
Bet 5 - Group H Poland 1st - Japan 2nd Straight Forecast 12/1 Sunbets
Bet 6 - Group A Straight Forecast Uruguay 1st - Russia 2nd 2/1 Sky Bet
Bet 7 - Group B Straight Forecast Spain 1st - Portugal 2nd 6/5 PaddyPower
Bet 8 - Group C Straight Forecast France 1st - Peru 2nd 100/30 SunBets
Bet 9 - Group D Straight Forecast Argentina 1st - Nigeria 2nd 6/1 Sky Bet
Bet 10 - Group E Straight Forecast Brazil 1st - Serbia 2nd 9/4 Sun Bets
Bet 11 - Group F Straight Forecast Germany 1st - Sweden 2nd 11/4 Sky Bet
Bet 12 - Group G Straight Forecast England 1st - Belgium 2nd 7/4 PaddyPower
Bet 13 - Group A - To win all group matches - Uruguay 9/2 SunBets
Bet 14 - Group B - To win all group matches - Spain 2/1 SunBets
Bet 15 - Group D - To win all group matches - Argentina 5/2 SunBets
Bet 16 - Group E - To win all group matches - Germany 7/4 SunBets
Bet 17 - Group A Uruguay v Saudi Arabia - Correct score Uruguay to win 3-0 11/2 Ladbrokes
Bet 18 - Group G England v Belgium - Correct Score Draw 2-2 12/1 Bet365
Bet 19 - Group E Serbia v Switzerland - Correct Score Serbia to win 2-1 10/1 Bet365
Bet 20 - Group F Germany v Mexico - Correct Score Germany to win 3-0 9/1 Bet365

For the Emperor
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."