Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 20-08-2019, 05:30 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
It's not to youth who are manipulated by social media they are pretty savvy and get less emotionally engaged. It's the older users who use it as a soapbox to vent their anger and inadequacies. Just check out this site if you want validation
Old 20-08-2019, 05:31 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
You may know some but that really isn't the majority. I'm not saying they're not great, but I'll have my mortgage with you that the vast vast majority of youth today are hooked on social media.

Social media has become the devil, it really has. You get bombarded with bull**** from all sides of the political spectrum. I'm off all social media now. Occasionally Twitter, but only to update our local youth teams progress that I coach. The only format I use now is the BBS and this place is pretty toxic at times. If you don't form a particular view as someone else it can be venomous on here. What ever you think the vast majority of people today aren't forming an opinion for themselves. They're sheep all following whatever they get sucked in by the latest blogger, Instagramer etc etc. You even get celebrities voicing politcial opinions and this can be very dangerous if it's not a balanced view. If not used responsibly, social media is extremely dangerous and whatever think the vast majority of youngsters will use this format today.

Some good points but like Jordan says it is not the majority
Old 20-08-2019, 08:02 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
You may know some but that really isn't the majority. I'm not saying they're not great, but I'll have my mortgage with you that the vast vast majority of youth today are hooked on social media.

Social media has become the devil, it really has. You get bombarded with bull**** from all sides of the political spectrum. I'm off all social media now. Occasionally Twitter, but only to update our local youth teams progress that I coach. The only format I use now is the BBS and this place is pretty toxic at times. If you don't form a particular view as someone else it can be venomous on here. What ever you think the vast majority of people today aren't forming an opinion for themselves. They're sheep all following whatever they get sucked in by the latest blogger, Instagramer etc etc. You even get celebrities voicing politcial opinions and this can be very dangerous if it's not a balanced view. If not used responsibly, social media is extremely dangerous and whatever think the vast majority of youngsters will use this format today.
1. Your generation created the social media that the youth of today are supposedly hooked on.

2. Social media is littered with angry gammon moaning about the youth of today.
Old 20-08-2019, 08:15 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Bit of a generalisation.

I'm quite impressed with them. Money savvy, well informed, hardworking and with modest expectations, which is just as well ,bearing in mind the legacy we're leaving them.
Where are they?

I would say the youth i experience are often the exact opposite.

Very little idea of the value of money, informed by the internet with both real and fake news, some are hard working but some are incredibly lazy and want everything on a plate for them and they hold totally unrealistic expectations.

I am sure there are lots in both camps but that is probably the same for most generations recently.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 20-08-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 20-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Already there in Europe.

Apart from the red-nosed expat brigade for the voddy of course.

Edit: I was in France last week and struggled to get away from a woman that was complaining a cauliflower cost 4.50 Euros. Truly shocking.

Did she vote Leave? That vote devalued us but 30%+ and we'll see another 25% fall if there is no deal.
Old 20-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'd very strongly argue that socially has nothing to do with Brexit and what's culturally got to do with Brexit? The UK has always been one of the leaders in Europe for cultural mix and will no doubt remain that way. In fact had a good chat with an American who was only 30 so not old. He explained lots of people are becoming frustrated with social media and claims a lot of the worlds problems stem with social media responsibilities, or lack of. I've got to admit I tend to agree and most of the UK problems today aren't nothing to do with Brexit, but social media and the youth being sucked in. My kids are just an example of this. More interested in Instagram followers than anything else. Our youth have become lazy.

Bollocks.

They piss all over the baby boomers
Old 20-08-2019, 08:45 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Already there in Europe.

Apart from the red-nosed expat brigade for the voddy of course.

Edit: I was in France last week and struggled to get away from a woman that was complaining a cauliflower cost 4.50 Euros. Truly shocking.
1.45e here. Good size too.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 20-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Cauliflower is horrible and if Brexit enables its removal from our shops I have now changed my mind and want to leave
Old 20-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Cauliflower is horrible and if Brexit enables its removal from our shops I have now changed my mind and want to leave
Re cauliflower, the joke that won the fringe joke of the year was about cauliflower and was actually funny.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-08-2019, 09:56 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Re cauliflower, the joke that won the fringe joke of the year was about cauliflower and was actually funny.
Suffering from florets is not a laughing matter
Old 20-08-2019, 10:03 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Who?

Old 20-08-2019, 01:55 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
1. Your generation created the social media that the youth of today are supposedly hooked on.

2. Social media is littered with angry gammon moaning about the youth of today.
Most of the ones bitching about s**t that appear in my facebook feeds seem to be 50+

Same old faces, sharing the same old dull tired nonsense from sites that seem to have a hard on for silly right wing memes. Most of these do seem to be my mother and fathers friends, or generation.

Meanwhile, memes posted by people younger than me seem to be funny and amusing, rather than borderline fascist adverts.
Old 20-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
1.45e here. Good size too.
Jamaican cauliflowers are cheap but taste like cack and are yellow coloured. Only edible in stews
Old 20-08-2019, 03:05 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Most of the ones bitching about s**t that appear in my facebook feeds seem to be 50+

Same old faces, sharing the same old dull tired nonsense from sites that seem to have a hard on for silly right wing memes. Most of these do seem to be my mother and fathers friends, or generation.
Socrates at the end of his life complained about the younger generation around about 400 BC:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
Old 20-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Socrates at the end of his complained about the younger generation around about 400 BC:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
In Rome you could date the time the view changed pretty much down to the fall of Carthage.

(Although, in fairness the view was everyone changed from hardworking upstanding citizens, to lazy hedonistic wankers, not just the children).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-08-2019, 03:41 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
In Rome you could date the time the view changed pretty much down to the fall of Carthage.

(Although, in fairness the view was everyone changed from hardworking upstanding citizens, to lazy hedonistic wankers, not just the children).
The point is not a cultural change in classical times, but that the old complaining about the laziness and morals of youth is a pattern of human behaviour that is consistent through the ages.

The human mind is also a wonderful filter, it tends to sieve out the low lumpy bits of shit in life from long ago leaving the remaining uplands in bright sunshine.

It's why all those nostalgia onanists in their 60s voted Brexit as if it would return the good old days. Of course if you subjected them to the cold houses, shit food, lack of cash, cost of clothes and travel, plus the violence and crime of the 70s they would hate it. Although they might enjoy shouting Paki and Poof again.
Old 20-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
The point is not a cultural change in classical times, but that the old complaining about the laziness and morals of youth is a pattern of human behaviour that is consistent through the ages.

The human mind is also a wonderful filter, it tends to sieve out the low lumpy bits of shit in life from long ago leaving the remaining uplands in bright sunshine.

It's why all those nostalgia onanists in their 60s voted Brexit as if it would return the good old days. Of course if you subjected them to the cold houses, shit food, lack of cash, cost of clothes and travel, plus the violence and crime of the 70s they would hate it. Although they might enjoy shouting Paki and Poof again.
The entire Roman Republican attitude post the third Punic war (not really a war) was harping back to the past that may or may not have existed. Hence why you get people like the Graachi brotherís mum (forget her name, Scipio Africanusís daughter) and Antonia and the like held up as how the Roman woman should be.

Brexiters are basically Lots of different Catos but definitely Cato the Elder and his great grandson Cato the younger. EUo delenda est, innit.
Old 20-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
EU fugaces labuntur anni (with apologies for being the kind of cock who does Latin gags on the BBS).
Old 20-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Cauliflower to the fall of the Roman Empire... just another day in a BBS thread
Old 20-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Cauliflower to the fall of the Roman Empire... just another day in a BBS thread
While the Jeremy Corbyn thread has taken a turn to friendly discussions on grocery shopping.

The nation's divisions are healed.

And it happened first on the BBS.

Now let's all get behind Wilf. And Roy.
And ditch VAR.