Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-02-2020, 10:55 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I think that was the point

Obviously for a hell of lot of company's Brexit will cause them major problems than not but for Axminster carpets Brexit was not the problem,their problems were there way before Brexit in my very humble opinion
‘Umble.

Cricket wanker
Old 21-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Thing is regardless of the cause of Norton's or Axminster's woes, shouldn't the very thought of the sun drenched Brexit uplands be enough to make them see a bright bright future?

These people obviously don't believe enough
Old 22-02-2020, 06:10 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Blue passports coming in March
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I’m actually due to renew my passport. Do I do it now and have one of the last red ones or wait a couple of weeks and be one of the first to get a blue one?

My worry is if I get the blue one I will never again be able to do my fake ref routine at an airport again; brandishing the red card in Mrs Bubbs face while shouting ‘OFF!’. She’ll have to find another reason to tell me to ‘grow up’.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 22-02-2020, 07:56 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

I’m actually due to renew my passport. Do I do it now and have one of the last red ones or wait a couple of weeks and be one of the first to get a blue one?

My worry is if I get the blue one I will never again be able to do my fake ref routine at an airport again; brandishing the red card in Mrs Bubbs face while shouting ‘OFF!’. She’ll have to find another reason to tell me to ‘grow up’.
You can get a red cover for the Boris blue ones on tinternet.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:51 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here

Our Jimmy says "This is a story where we’ve become a victim of our own success. ". By that he means winning a referendum with a majority voting for self harm. Another myopic and naive individual blinded by misguided nationalism promoted by his foreigner hating mate, Farage.
Old 22-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

I’ve a mock Indiana Jones cover on mine, starring Mickey Mouse. Which was prescient as it turns out.
Old 22-02-2020, 04:41 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post

Our Jimmy says "This is a story where we’ve become a victim of our own success. ". By that he means winning a referendum with a majority voting for self harm. Another myopic and naive individual blinded by misguided nationalism promoted by his foreigner hating mate, Farage.
What the hell did he think was going to happen after brexit was fought on such a hateful anti immigrant campaign?
Old 22-02-2020, 05:33 PM

Oh dear Les:

"Both Priti Patel and Boris Johnson approached us to collaborate with and support the Save Our Curry Houses campaign set up by Vote Leave. They said if we were to support the leave campaign, they would ensure we were able to get more chefs from south Asia by relaxing immigration rules with lower salary thresholds to hire staff from outside the EU.

And we made the mistake of believing them."
Old 22-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh dear Les:

"Both Priti Patel and Boris Johnson approached us to collaborate with and support the Save Our Curry Houses campaign set up by Vote Leave. They said if we were to support the leave campaign, they would ensure we were able to get more chefs from south Asia by relaxing immigration rules with lower salary thresholds to hire staff from outside the EU.

And we made the mistake of believing them."
Oh Les what LOL I have never been for leave, I know that Boris is a lying bastard but all I said was that you do not have to "stretch it a bit" to blame Brexit for everything when its not the case. There is and will be plenty of shit to go around which will be the case but some of you sound like you are having tantrum fits especially when someone says come on.....Yep we know this is a heavy lefty Labour anti Boris anti Brexit site but a little reality would not go a miss instead of propaganda
Old 22-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Wasn’t it the owner that blamed Brexit?
Not quite, IIRC, some time back he was saying that Brexit would be great for the company but when they recently went under some posters on here used the opportunity to blame Brexit. It now comes to light that he had been bleeding funds out of the company for an extended period
Old 22-02-2020, 07:37 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Post Brexit Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Not quite, IIRC, some time back he was saying that Brexit would be great for the company but when they recently went under some posters on here used the opportunity to blame Brexit. It now comes to light that he had been bleeding funds out of the company for an extended period

Maybe it’s bollocks but this what the article quoted him to have said following the announcement that his company was entering administration:

"I'm devastated at the events over the last 24 hours and personally have lost everything. However, my thoughts are with the Norton team and everyone involved, from customers, suppliers and shareholders at this truly difficult time.

"Without dialogue Metro Bank appointed BDO administrators yesterday. We are now working positively and proactively with BDO to ensure Norton has the best possible chance to find a buyer. It has become increasingly difficult to manufacture in the UK, with a growing tax burden and ongoing uncertainties over Brexit affecting many things like, tariffs, exports and availability of funding."
Old 22-02-2020, 09:22 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think theres going to be more and more storys about Stuart Garner and his alleged dodgy deals coming out over next few months.Pretty sure brexit nothing to do with the New Norton company failing.
Old 22-02-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Oh Les what LOL I have never been for leave, I know that Boris is a lying bastard but all I said was that you do not have to "stretch it a bit" to blame Brexit for everything when its not the case. There is and will be plenty of shit to go around which will be the case but some of you sound like you are having tantrum fits especially when someone says come on.....Yep we know this is a heavy lefty Labour anti Boris anti Brexit site but a little reality would not go a miss instead of propaganda
I knew that would get you going
Old 23-02-2020, 05:21 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
I think theres going to be more and more storys about Stuart Garner and his alleged dodgy deals coming out over next few months.Pretty sure brexit nothing to do with the New Norton company failing.
Blimey, revealing! Thank you.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 23-02-2020, 06:09 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Maybe it’s bollocks but this what the article quoted him to have said following the announcement that his company was entering administration:

"I'm devastated at the events over the last 24 hours and personally have lost everything. However, my thoughts are with the Norton team and everyone involved, from customers, suppliers and shareholders at this truly difficult time.

"Without dialogue Metro Bank appointed BDO administrators yesterday. We are now working positively and proactively with BDO to ensure Norton has the best possible chance to find a buyer. It has become increasingly difficult to manufacture in the UK, with a growing tax burden and ongoing uncertainties over Brexit affecting many things like, tariffs, exports and availability of funding."
He's a fraudster, that is the kind of baloney that he would say
Old 23-02-2020, 06:18 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
MPs voted against requiring the government to be a member of the Erasmus programme. Take that Johnny Foreigner!
That is bad news
Old 23-02-2020, 10:46 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
One of Britain’s largest recruitment companies Cordant, is on the brink today - with rumours that vacancies in the major industries are down 90% on 12 months ago. Could be a very rocky ride for Boris after the Summer
Old 23-02-2020, 06:39 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Not too worried about Boris. He's got enough money in the bank for a lucrative retirement.,...unlike the vast majority of Britain's current workforce. The 'Gig Economy' has provided the workforce with flexibility and insecurity.
Banning low-skilled EU's from working in the UK has deprived the farming sector of pivotal seasonal workers, and deprived Care/retirement Homes of an appropriate workforce.

Low-skilled Brits focus is on claiming Benefits, or being on reality TV shows. That's where the wonga is
Old 23-02-2020, 06:53 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:

So basically he is saying they cant get unemployed scots of their arses and do a job but they will employ immigrants because they are cheaper. Or they dint want to pay a decent wage? 26500 is the net benefit cap. Surely they can pay that gross to workers?
Old 23-02-2020, 06:58 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Not too worried about Boris. He's got enough money in the bank for a lucrative retirement.,...unlike the vast majority of Britain's current workforce. The 'Gig Economy' has provided the workforce with flexibility and insecurity.
Banning low-skilled EU's from working in the UK has deprived the farming sector of pivotal seasonal workers, and deprived Care/retirement Homes of an appropriate workforce.

Low-skilled Brits focus is on claiming Benefits, or being on reality TV shows. That's where the wonga is
So you think it okay to prop up our industry with immigrants in order to support the indolent indigenous population ....or were you being sarcastic in your first paragraph and think the low skilled brit is feckless and lazy as your second paragraph suggests