Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #461  
Old 21-02-2020, 10:55 PM
Wolfnipplechips's Avatar
Wolfnipplechips Wolfnipplechips is offline
Got any nuts?
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: South Croydon
Age: 50
Posts: 19,836
Rep Power: 21474842
Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I think that was the point

Obviously for a hell of lot of company's Brexit will cause them major problems than not but for Axminster carpets Brexit was not the problem,their problems were there way before Brexit in my very humble opinion
‘Umble.
__________________
Splitter

Cricket wanker
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 21-02-2020, 11:14 PM
CT_Palace's Avatar
CT_Palace CT_Palace is offline
Ex-Connecticut
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 55,231
Rep Power: 21474846
CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Thing is regardless of the cause of Norton's or Axminster's woes, shouldn't the very thought of the sun drenched Brexit uplands be enough to make them see a bright bright future?

These people obviously don't believe enough
__________________
a content Markus Babbel said. Only drops of bitterness: Defense man Sebastian Neumann had to be replaced because of a brain vibration. Good improvement!
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 22-02-2020, 06:10 AM
bubbs11's Avatar
bubbs11 bubbs11 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,249
Rep Power: 21474848
bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Blue passports coming in March
To view the link you have to Register or Login


I’m actually due to renew my passport. Do I do it now and have one of the last red ones or wait a couple of weeks and be one of the first to get a blue one?

My worry is if I get the blue one I will never again be able to do my fake ref routine at an airport again; brandishing the red card in Mrs Bubbs face while shouting ‘OFF!’. She’ll have to find another reason to tell me to ‘grow up’.
__________________
Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 22-02-2020, 07:56 AM
SE25 exile's Avatar
SE25 exile SE25 exile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: on a small island with too many small minds.
Posts: 22,118
Rep Power: 21474856
SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Blue passports coming in March
To view the link you have to Register or Login


I’m actually due to renew my passport. Do I do it now and have one of the last red ones or wait a couple of weeks and be one of the first to get a blue one?

My worry is if I get the blue one I will never again be able to do my fake ref routine at an airport again; brandishing the red card in Mrs Bubbs face while shouting ‘OFF!’. She’ll have to find another reason to tell me to ‘grow up’.
You can get a red cover for the Boris blue ones on tinternet.
__________________
STAY IN AND SAVE LIVES
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 22-02-2020, 09:51 AM
SE25 exile's Avatar
SE25 exile SE25 exile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: on a small island with too many small minds.
Posts: 22,118
Rep Power: 21474856
SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Our Jimmy says "This is a story where we’ve become a victim of our own success. ". By that he means winning a referendum with a majority voting for self harm. Another myopic and naive individual blinded by misguided nationalism promoted by his foreigner hating mate, Farage.
__________________
STAY IN AND SAVE LIVES
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 22-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Brett Brett is offline
Binned by Muderators
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Age: 41
Posts: 29,281
Rep Power: 21474857
Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Blue passports coming in March
To view the link you have to Register or Login


I’m actually due to renew my passport. Do I do it now and have one of the last red ones or wait a couple of weeks and be one of the first to get a blue one?

My worry is if I get the blue one I will never again be able to do my fake ref routine at an airport again; brandishing the red card in Mrs Bubbs face while shouting ‘OFF!’. She’ll have to find another reason to tell me to ‘grow up’.
I’ve a mock Indiana Jones cover on mine, starring Mickey Mouse. Which was prescient as it turns out.
__________________
In Soviet Russia, Parish Points claim you.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 22-02-2020, 04:41 PM
rhino_mik's Avatar
rhino_mik rhino_mik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Larndan
Posts: 9,547
Rep Power: 21474851
rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Our Jimmy says "This is a story where we’ve become a victim of our own success. ". By that he means winning a referendum with a majority voting for self harm. Another myopic and naive individual blinded by misguided nationalism promoted by his foreigner hating mate, Farage.
What the hell did he think was going to happen after brexit was fought on such a hateful anti immigrant campaign?
__________________
,
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 22-02-2020, 05:33 PM
SE25 exile's Avatar
SE25 exile SE25 exile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: on a small island with too many small minds.
Posts: 22,118
Rep Power: 21474856
SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Oh dear Les:

To view the link you have to Register or Login


"Both Priti Patel and Boris Johnson approached us to collaborate with and support the Save Our Curry Houses campaign set up by Vote Leave. They said if we were to support the leave campaign, they would ensure we were able to get more chefs from south Asia by relaxing immigration rules with lower salary thresholds to hire staff from outside the EU.

And we made the mistake of believing them."
__________________
STAY IN AND SAVE LIVES
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 22-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Les Butler's Avatar
Les Butler Les Butler is offline
Ex Waddon bloke
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Montréal Canada
Age: 61
Posts: 47,898
Rep Power: 21474857
Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Oh dear Les:

To view the link you have to Register or Login


"Both Priti Patel and Boris Johnson approached us to collaborate with and support the Save Our Curry Houses campaign set up by Vote Leave. They said if we were to support the leave campaign, they would ensure we were able to get more chefs from south Asia by relaxing immigration rules with lower salary thresholds to hire staff from outside the EU.

And we made the mistake of believing them."
Oh Les what LOL I have never been for leave, I know that Boris is a lying bastard but all I said was that you do not have to "stretch it a bit" to blame Brexit for everything when its not the case. There is and will be plenty of shit to go around which will be the case but some of you sound like you are having tantrum fits especially when someone says come on.....Yep we know this is a heavy lefty Labour anti Boris anti Brexit site but a little reality would not go a miss instead of propaganda
__________________
Time and time again you put yourself above others and pass judgement as if you are the font of wisdom wearing a crown of neutrality and possessing the human insight of Buddha.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 22-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Timbo's Avatar
Timbo Timbo is offline
Shields Utd Futsal Club
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Posts: 24,251
Rep Power: 21474858
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Wasn’t it the owner that blamed Brexit?
Not quite, IIRC, some time back he was saying that Brexit would be great for the company but when they recently went under some posters on here used the opportunity to blame Brexit. It now comes to light that he had been bleeding funds out of the company for an extended period
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 22-02-2020, 07:37 PM
Joe85's Avatar
Joe85 Joe85 is offline
Once More Into The Fray
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 11,890
Rep Power: 21474842
Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Post Brexit Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Not quite, IIRC, some time back he was saying that Brexit would be great for the company but when they recently went under some posters on here used the opportunity to blame Brexit. It now comes to light that he had been bleeding funds out of the company for an extended period


Maybe it’s bollocks but this what the article quoted him to have said following the announcement that his company was entering administration:


"I'm devastated at the events over the last 24 hours and personally have lost everything. However, my thoughts are with the Norton team and everyone involved, from customers, suppliers and shareholders at this truly difficult time.

"Without dialogue Metro Bank appointed BDO administrators yesterday. We are now working positively and proactively with BDO to ensure Norton has the best possible chance to find a buyer. It has become increasingly difficult to manufacture in the UK, with a growing tax burden and ongoing uncertainties over Brexit affecting many things like, tariffs, exports and availability of funding."
__________________
Let's go Champ...
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 22-02-2020, 09:22 PM
ob13's Avatar
ob13 ob13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: nr Blandford Dorset
Age: 46
Posts: 1,239
Rep Power: 9240070
ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think theres going to be more and more storys about Stuart Garner and his alleged dodgy deals coming out over next few months.Pretty sure brexit nothing to do with the New Norton company failing.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 22-02-2020, 10:35 PM
SE25 exile's Avatar
SE25 exile SE25 exile is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: on a small island with too many small minds.
Posts: 22,118
Rep Power: 21474856
SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
Oh Les what LOL I have never been for leave, I know that Boris is a lying bastard but all I said was that you do not have to "stretch it a bit" to blame Brexit for everything when its not the case. There is and will be plenty of shit to go around which will be the case but some of you sound like you are having tantrum fits especially when someone says come on.....Yep we know this is a heavy lefty Labour anti Boris anti Brexit site but a little reality would not go a miss instead of propaganda
I knew that would get you going
__________________
STAY IN AND SAVE LIVES
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 23-02-2020, 05:21 AM
Maz's Avatar
Maz Maz is offline
Semper Idem
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: A place where nothing ever happens.
Posts: 158,291
Rep Power: 21474854
Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
I think theres going to be more and more storys about Stuart Garner and his alleged dodgy deals coming out over next few months.Pretty sure brexit nothing to do with the New Norton company failing.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Blimey, revealing! Thank you.
__________________
..
..G
abba Gabba Hey

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ


Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 23-02-2020, 06:09 AM
Timbo's Avatar
Timbo Timbo is offline
Shields Utd Futsal Club
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Posts: 24,251
Rep Power: 21474858
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Maybe it’s bollocks but this what the article quoted him to have said following the announcement that his company was entering administration:


"I'm devastated at the events over the last 24 hours and personally have lost everything. However, my thoughts are with the Norton team and everyone involved, from customers, suppliers and shareholders at this truly difficult time.

"Without dialogue Metro Bank appointed BDO administrators yesterday. We are now working positively and proactively with BDO to ensure Norton has the best possible chance to find a buyer. It has become increasingly difficult to manufacture in the UK, with a growing tax burden and ongoing uncertainties over Brexit affecting many things like, tariffs, exports and availability of funding."
He's a fraudster, that is the kind of baloney that he would say
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 23-02-2020, 06:18 AM
sydnsteve sydnsteve is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: sydenham
Posts: 16,780
Rep Power: 17723490
sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
MPs voted against requiring the government to be a member of the Erasmus programme. Take that Johnny Foreigner!
That is bad news
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 23-02-2020, 10:46 AM
swissroll's Avatar
swissroll swissroll is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 9,857
Rep Power: 21474857
swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
One of Britain’s largest recruitment companies Cordant, is on the brink today - with rumours that vacancies in the major industries are down 90% on 12 months ago. Could be a very rocky ride for Boris after the Summer
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 23-02-2020, 06:39 PM
foresthillbilly foresthillbilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,944
Rep Power: 21474846
foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Not too worried about Boris. He's got enough money in the bank for a lucrative retirement.,...unlike the vast majority of Britain's current workforce. The 'Gig Economy' has provided the workforce with flexibility and insecurity.
Banning low-skilled EU's from working in the UK has deprived the farming sector of pivotal seasonal workers, and deprived Care/retirement Homes of an appropriate workforce.

Low-skilled Brits focus is on claiming Benefits, or being on reality TV shows. That's where the wonga is
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 23-02-2020, 06:53 PM
Lombardo's hair Lombardo's hair is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carshalton
Posts: 7,082
Rep Power: 21474846
Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Our Jimmy says "This is a story where we’ve become a victim of our own success. ". By that he means winning a referendum with a majority voting for self harm. Another myopic and naive individual blinded by misguided nationalism promoted by his foreigner hating mate, Farage.
So basically he is saying they cant get unemployed scots of their arses and do a job but they will employ immigrants because they are cheaper. Or they dint want to pay a decent wage? 26500 is the net benefit cap. Surely they can pay that gross to workers?
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 23-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Lombardo's hair Lombardo's hair is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carshalton
Posts: 7,082
Rep Power: 21474846
Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Not too worried about Boris. He's got enough money in the bank for a lucrative retirement.,...unlike the vast majority of Britain's current workforce. The 'Gig Economy' has provided the workforce with flexibility and insecurity.
Banning low-skilled EU's from working in the UK has deprived the farming sector of pivotal seasonal workers, and deprived Care/retirement Homes of an appropriate workforce.

Low-skilled Brits focus is on claiming Benefits, or being on reality TV shows. That's where the wonga is
So you think it okay to prop up our industry with immigrants in order to support the indolent indigenous population ....or were you being sarcastic in your first paragraph and think the low skilled brit is feckless and lazy as your second paragraph suggests
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.