Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Right.

So what you are saying that the drugs are not available now, because they are all sitting in warehouses in this country in case following Oct 31 they were in short supply? Well we are after the 31 October and they are unavailable, do you not think they would have been made available if they were actually stockpiled and in this country?

The fact is that those that are unavailable are simply not available, anywhere, nothing to do with Brexit.
Well considering 'the pill' (or as it turns out that particular pill) was unavailable around June/July several months after the last deadline and the pharmacist informed me at the time that this was due to stockpiling and a particular issue for hormone drugs, the government have said they are stockpiling and there are pictures of the stockpiles in warehouses; I am not convinced that the government have released the stockpiles 19 days after the last deadline and a couple of months before the next.

So no I don't think they would have been made available as otherwise the governement would have to re-stock over the christmas period at a time when there are potentially shortages in the market.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
The Tories are doing a brilliant job if you are
1. An abusive international internet company.
2. Asset rich
3. A racist bigot.
4. A tax exile, either UK abroad of foreign criminal here.

For the rest of us not so much.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Well considering 'the pill' (or as it turns out that particular pill) was unavailable around June/July several months after the last deadline and the pharmacist informed me at the time that this was due to stockpiling and a particular issue for hormone drugs, the government have said they are stockpiling and there are pictures of the stockpiles in warehouses; I am not convinced that the government have released the stockpiles 19 days after the last deadline and a couple of months before the next.

So no I don't think they would have been made available as otherwise the governement would have to re-stock over the christmas period at a time when there are potentially shortages in the market.
So you think they have left drug shortages, whilst the drugs exist in warehouses in this country in case they cannot get more supplies in for their warehouse? I cannot see how that makes any logical sense.

Wild guess 'the pill' you couldn't get was Loestrin*?

(*assuming by 'the pill' you were referring to a contraceptive)
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you think they have left drug shortages, whilst the drugs exist in warehouses in this country in case they cannot get more supplies in for their warehouse? I cannot see how that makes any logical sense.

Wild guess 'the pill' you couldn't get was Loestrin*?

(*assuming by 'the pill' you were referring to a contraceptive)
To be honest I have no idea which one it was - it wasn't for me but yes I was referring to the contraceptive.

Nothing about this makes logical sense GG. A western democracy ******* up its economy and trading routes on purpose because of a narrow result in an advisory referendum and a complete refusal to check if people still want it.

However yes I do believe that there are drugs in warehouses as the governement have repeatedly told us there are.

"Building up buffer stocks
My Departmentís approach to buffer stocks remains unchanged from 26 June and involves a range of national measures and asks of industry that are designed to provide contingent measures for medicines, medical devices and clinical consumables, blood and transplants, vaccines and countermeasures, supplies for clinical trials and non-clinical goods and services.

Procuring extra warehousing space for stockpiled medicines
To help ensure sufficient space to store stockpiled medicines ahead of Brexit on 31 October if we were to leave without a deal, my Department previously agreed contracts for additional warehouse space, including ambient, refrigerated and controlled drug storage. We will continue to provide warehousing capacity."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Presumably they will choose (have chosen) suitable drugs with long sell by dates and kept those with a shorter life in supply. However knowing this government they will have done the exact opposite.

Why do you think they will have reacted to drug shortages 19 days after the last deadline by releasing warehouse stocks when they didn't for months earlier this year.
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I would say though I drove past a gigantic NHS warehouse at the start of the year on a Sunday afternoon and it was a hive of activity and when I went past several months later it wasn't. I can only assume that they were in serious stock building mode before the March deadline.
Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
To be honest I have no idea which one it was - it wasn't for me but yes I was referring to the contraceptive.

Nothing about this makes logical sense GG. A western democracy ******* up its economy and trading routes on purpose because of a narrow result in an advisory referendum and a complete refusal to check if people still want it.

However yes I do believe that there are drugs in warehouses as the governement have repeatedly told us there are.

"Building up buffer stocks
My Departmentís approach to buffer stocks remains unchanged from 26 June and involves a range of national measures and asks of industry that are designed to provide contingent measures for medicines, medical devices and clinical consumables, blood and transplants, vaccines and countermeasures, supplies for clinical trials and non-clinical goods and services.

Procuring extra warehousing space for stockpiled medicines
To help ensure sufficient space to store stockpiled medicines ahead of Brexit on 31 October if we were to leave without a deal, my Department previously agreed contracts for additional warehouse space, including ambient, refrigerated and controlled drug storage. We will continue to provide warehousing capacity."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Presumably they will choose (have chosen) suitable drugs with long sell by dates and kept those with a shorter life in supply. However knowing this government they will have done the exact opposite.

Why do you think they will have reacted to drug shortages 19 days after the last deadline by releasing warehouse stocks when they didn't for months earlier this year.
What makes me think the issues are not Brexit related is I see the letters from licence holders explaining why their drugs are unavailable and the MHRA alerts when significant quantities are removed from the market for safety. I do not believe there are large quantities of drugs that are unavailable to patients at the moment but sitting in warehouses being stockpiled.
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
What makes me think the issues are not Brexit related is I see the letters from licence holders explaining why their drugs are unavailable and the MHRA alerts when significant quantities are removed from the market for safety. I do not believe there are large quantities of drugs that are unavailable to patients at the moment but sitting in warehouses being stockpiled.
the end result is the same that they are currently unavailable for use...pretty rubbish really.

SaulAlinsky
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

Quote:
We are talking about two slightly different things I think. The shortages earlier in the year were caused by stockpiling (in the words of the pharmacist and news reports at the time), current shortages are being caused by other factors however where we disagree is that I don't for one second believe that this government have gone to the warehouses and removed those drugs to be put into circulation.

There is some logic to that as well. Those warehouses are for a virtual standstill of incoming drugs - what would in all intents and purposes be a massive health risk to the nation whereas at the moment we are seeing market driven shortages but we still have drugs coming in and alternatives available.

Breaking into the rainy day drugs makes zero sense when we know the next rainy day is potentially in two months and if we break into it now we wont have time to replace it due to existing shortages.
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can you? In what way?

They are in charge of the money. Obvious really, unless you are a wannabe tory spin doctor who is struggling for an excuse.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
The Tories are doing a brilliant job if you are
1. An abusive international internet company.
2. Asset rich
3. A racist bigot.
4. A tax exile, either UK abroad of foreign criminal here.
5. GreatGonzo

For the rest of us not so much.

You missed one.