Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:11 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I downloaded Kodi again and watching Universal through it. Much better than through the browser. The Palace game I got yesterday was a perfect picture but no sound - some others had the same problem. It did stop a few times but appeared back straight away when refreshing.
The good news is you didn't have to listen to Gary Birtles know it all co-commentary. Although I must commend him, as I don't believed he mentioned Brian Clough once!
Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 AM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingup View Post
I was thinking about doing this. you can get a good price for 2 TV's. the only thing I worried about is my router is plugged into the telly. the 2nd telly may not be able to pick up the signal strength as well
When I did a little road test on the downstairs TV with WiFi signal rather than Ethernet it buffered a bit to too much for my liking. So I'm not expecting too much success with a WiFi connection upstairs to run it through the smart IPTV app. I was going to run an ethernet cable up there with a splitter, but the wife decided the
Christmas tree was going in the gap yesterday and has kyboshed any room that I did have until the time it comes back down. So for now it looks like miracasting my phone for the short term is my best option.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Thanks, I use XCIPTV on the android phone, but it wont cast to the tv. I use the standard Universal app on my laptop, which also doesn't cast, so I am going to dig out my unused Firestick, plug it into the telly and try the players you have suggested
If you can afford it I'd recommend buying the 4k Firestick. Much better and faster than the old ones. On a really good offer at the moment on Amazon.

You'll probably need to Google instructions to install some/all of those apps I mentioned.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 AM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
When I did a little road test on the downstairs TV with WiFi signal rather than Ethernet it buffered a bit to too much for my liking. So I'm not expecting too much success with a WiFi connection upstairs to run it through the smart IPTV app. I was going to run an ethernet cable up there with a splitter, but the wife decided the
Christmas tree was going in the gap yesterday and has kyboshed any room that I did have until the time it comes back down. So for now it looks like miracasting my phone for the short term is my best option.
Get some home plugs. Look them up. Might work well for your situation.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:38 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Yep, as Stinks says, unless you're close to a router, it's really not worth the hassle with wifi drops/weak signal etc. Buy yourself something like these; it's worth the wedge to have a stable, fast connection. Ensure you don't plug them into extension leads though as can affect the signal coming through. Pass-through plugs are even better as you don't lose a socket.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 AM
The Stockton SLAP

STOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can anyone help? I just renewed subscription but can't get beyond the page that breaks down what you're paying but doesn't let you click through to any of the services? Cheers.
"You should be ashamed. You’re now so boujee you complain about Watford being horrible. Be proud of what palace are - blue collar, tough south London club. Never forget what you are." - Damien Delaney 16/03/2019
Old 02-12-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Yep, as Stinks says, unless you're close to a router, it's really not worth the hassle with wifi drops/weak signal etc. Buy yourself something like these; it's worth the wedge to have a stable, fast connection. Ensure you don't plug them into extension leads though as can affect the signal coming through. Pass-through plugs are even better as you don't lose a socket.

Andy mate, do I remember you saying there was a still a Telegram group going for LL?

Old 02-12-2019, 09:00 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCKTON View Post
Can anyone help? I just renewed subscription but can't get beyond the page that breaks down what you're paying but doesn't let you click through to any of the services? Cheers.
LL or donkey?

They both have hw client services websites that basically don’t link to the channels as far as I know.

To view the link you have to Register or Login Log in here for tv. Top right corner menu takes you through options to watch including watch online

Last edited by bigend1; 02-12-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:46 AM
The Stockton SLAP

STOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSTOCKTON came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
LL or donkey?

They both have hw client services websites that basically don’t link to the channels as far as I know.

To view the link you have to Register or Login Log in here for tv. Top right corner menu takes you through options to watch including watch online
Thanks mate
"You should be ashamed. You’re now so boujee you complain about Watford being horrible. Be proud of what palace are - blue collar, tough south London club. Never forget what you are." - Damien Delaney 16/03/2019
Old 02-12-2019, 10:19 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Sports Donkey- is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Andy mate, do I remember you saying there was a still a Telegram group going for LL?

Yeah, there is. After the issues i let my 3 month sub lapse so I'm no longer with them. Just use Sinister and Universal now.

The Telegram page that they did use (after the previous one was removed) was the Limitless VOD group page.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:32 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thinking of signing up to Amazon Prime 30 day trial for tomorrow's game to save any streaming hassle.

Anyone else doing this and if so, does the trial qualify you to watch Prem games? I'm hoping so, as the 30 days will cover our West Ham game on Prime too.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-12-2019, 10:42 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Thinking of signing up to Amazon Prime 30 day trial for tomorrow's game to save any streaming hassle.

Anyone else doing this and if so, does the trial qualify you to watch Prem games? I'm hoping so, as the 30 days will cover our West Ham game on Prime too.
Yep, signing up today as was discussing here earlier....

A no brainer really - will be interesting to see how it performs overall.

#edit - because our game is the "Amazon debut" with this service will probably have SD2 on standby just in case
Old 02-12-2019, 10:49 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Yep, signing up today as was discussing here earlier....

A no brainer really - will be interesting to see how it performs overall.

#edit - because our game is the "Amazon debut" with this service will probably have SD2 on standby just in case
Thanks mate - signed up.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Yeah, f--uk it, I've just signed up too just as a form of back up as I can't get to Selhurst tomorrow night. TBH, my stepson keeps moaning because I cancelled Spotify so I might even keep with it as you get the music, films and next day deliver (i assume).
Old 02-12-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Yeah, f--uk it, I've just signed up too just as a form of back up as I can't get to Selhurst tomorrow night. TBH, my stepson keeps moaning because I cancelled Spotify so I might even keep with it as you get the music, films and next day deliver (i assume).
Yeah it has next day delivery. My girlfriend has had a Prime account for years. It's proved invaluable at times. We have a 13 day old baby and she's ordered stuff for him/her at 10 at night and it's arrived the next day. Be aware that not ALL things are available for next day, but most are. Plus we have loads of 4K content available too, which you don't get without a Prime account. Can access the app on the TV by pressing one button on the remote. It's worth it IMO.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah it has next day delivery. My girlfriend has had a Prime account for years. It's proved invaluable at times. We have a 13 day old baby and she's ordered stuff for him/her at 10 at night and it's arrived the next day. Be aware that not ALL things are available for next day, but most are. Plus we have loads of 4K content available too, which you don't get without a Prime account. Can access the app on the TV by pressing one button on the remote. It's worth it IMO.
Not sure how widely available it is now but we have Prime Now here. So you get delivery of a subset of items within an hour or two. Over £40 and its free (not difficult to get over that these days) £3.99, if not. Do a lot ofstuff and very impressive/handy. Tbh a few things from main site arrive same day lately.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Not sure how widely available it is now but we have Prime Now here. So you get delivery of a subset of items within an hour or two. Over £40 and its free (not difficult to get over that these days) £3.99, if not. Do a lot ofstuff and very impressive/handy. Tbh a few things from main site arrive same day lately.
Think it's available in some areas. I know people living in South London (I'm out in Surrey) who can get stuff same day

Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Think it's available in some areas. I know people living in South London (I'm out in Surrey) who can get stuff same day
It's up here in Leeds area. I would guess major cities where they have delivery hubs/warehouses. I know they are hated by many but I have always found them to be really good and offer better value than the other 'monster corps' out there. When they achieve world domination it may all be different I know.

Big Alexa fan too. - Shameless huh
Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM

Sports Donkey- is it worth it?

Quote:

Thanks for the advice. Never entertained it before but for the £8 per month it’ll be worth it for the extras you get. We also have countless Alexa devices round the house. Congrats on the new baby as well Simon. Remember those days with my Daughter. Both delightful and shattering, but immensely worth it.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:11 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My wife has UK Prime Video offering EPL football but I suspect it will say I cant watch overseas