Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Watchmen is getting better and better but you have to have some background knowledge for it to make sense.
The latest episode is brilliant and amazingly filmed too.
I agree. The previous episode was the best yet, until this one. Superb TV, very clever. Much more The Leftovers and much less Lost.
Old 26-11-2019, 01:07 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
I agree. The previous episode was the best yet, until this one. Superb TV, very clever. Much more The Leftovers and much less Lost.
The way some of it was filmed reminded me of comic book panels.
Glad they didn't have the regular Ozymandias interlude, as much as I enjoy them, as it would have ruined the flow of this episode.
Old 26-11-2019, 06:46 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Just imagine if JC won

To view the link you have to Register or Login
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 01-12-2019, 09:07 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Onto the 2nd series of Spaced, so far funny, lotsa clever cultural references & often surreal.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Just signed up to Amazon Prime Video (for the upcoming PL coverage) and saw LOST was on there but expiring soon, so I've been binge-rewatching it over the weekend. Nearly at the end of Season 1 and I'll keep going until it disappears (because they don't give you an exact expiry date ).

Not exactly a new or original recommendation and I know it tails off at points and lots of people hate the ending (I didn't mind it) but I'd forgotten just how bloody wonderful it was. Addictive mysteries, moving drama, a large cast of fleshed-out characters, non-linear story-telling, creative mythology and loads of great humour. Still one of my all-time favourite programmes and a must-try for anyone who hasn't given it a go yet.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:53 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
Just signed up to Amazon Prime Video (for the upcoming PL coverage) and saw LOST was on there but expiring soon, so I've been binge-rewatching it over the weekend. Nearly at the end of Season 1 and I'll keep going until it disappears (because they don't give you an exact expiry date ).

Not exactly a new or original recommendation and I know it tails off at points and lots of people hate the ending (I didn't mind it) but I'd forgotten just how bloody wonderful it was. Addictive mysteries, moving drama, a large cast of fleshed-out characters, non-linear story-telling, creative mythology and loads of great humour. Still one of my all-time favourite programmes and a must-try for anyone who hasn't given it a go yet.
It wasn't the perfect show but for the reasons you have said, it was damn good and a template for many of the shows of the last 15 years.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I did not watch Lost first time around so we recently started watching, entertaining stuff. Shame that it is expiring soon.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 02-12-2019, 03:42 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:

For a long time, this was actually a perfect exercise in storytelling and unfolding mystery upon mystery. Problem is it kind of burns out towards the end, and the last season and ending definately fail to stick the landing.

But its fantastic stuff, and when its good, its unsurpaseed. Problem is I think that like GoT the fandom speculations were increasingly better than the series delivery and I think the writers kind of got lost as to where they were going as well.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:05 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
The way some of it was filmed reminded me of comic book panels.
Glad they didn't have the regular Ozymandias interlude, as much as I enjoy them, as it would have ruined the flow of this episode.
Most recent episode was superb again, with a couple of massive twists/reveals. Looking forward to seeing how the final two episodes pan out.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:39 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Most recent episode was superb again, with a couple of massive twists/reveals. Looking forward to seeing how the final two episodes pan out.
Yep, another great episode.
Don't want it to end really.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:09 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Vienna Blood was rubbish - just to save the rest of you the trouble.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched all of Guilt last week. Thought it was great. Enjoying Watchmen so far and I had a quick look at Pennyworth which looked like it might be fun, so I'll give it a go.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Sounds interesting, I'll give it a go in the nearish future...
As always, be sure to use the subtitles and not dubbed English. Subtracting the original dialogue kills all emotion and intent and makes so many of these shows rather wooden.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quite enjoyed the first season of the Expanse on Amazon.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ahh, I think I've found something very very different. If you liked Flight of the Conchords.... then this could even be better. It's made a bit of an impact with TV critics here in Aus and I found it on SBS catchup.

Wellington Paranormal Only 21 minutes each episode, watched it after a few drinks and actually had quite a few belly laughs. Could be the start of cult viewing. See if you can find it.

Oh it's a Mockumentary on those reality police shows, with a Ghost Busters response.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:53 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Ahh, I think I've found something very very different. If you liked Flight of the Conchords.... then this could even be better. It's made a bit of an impact with TV critics here in Aus and I found it on SBS catchup.

Wellington Paranormal Only 21 minutes each episode, watched it after a few drinks and actually had quite a few belly laughs. Could be the start of cult viewing. See if you can find it.

Oh it's a Mockumentary on those reality police shows, with a Ghost Busters response.
Will check it out. What We Do In The Shadows spin-off. Which was very good.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:51 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Castle Rock...nice to see the Misery woman getting in some practice.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 05-12-2019, 03:44 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Will check it out. What We Do In The Shadows spin-off. Which was very good.
Found a clip, gives you a decent idea of the style of the show

Old 05-12-2019, 10:28 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Just finished the Man in the high castle on Amazon, I really enjoyed all of it. One of the only mainstream Philip K Dick books I haven’t read so I’ll be indulging in that over Christmas.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 06-12-2019, 08:31 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Not on TV but YouTube. Clive James '' Postcard From'' series. Still funny and quite eye opening about how many of the cities he visits have changed in 25+ years. Also the amount of celebrities he interviews who are no longer with us,him included of course.