Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:10 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Halfway through E2, so many smiles and shivers, great to see JW playing in the red and blue again. Great talent cruelly robbed by the untimely injuries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 04-06-2021, 10:11 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Dull, unbelievable
My thought as well, he must be watching the film WHERE Eagles Dare instead...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 04-06-2021, 10:16 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee B View Post
Watched episode 1 this morning. #emotional
Felt exactly the same, off work with a broken arm and can't do much, so will be doing the lot today.
Reminds me how much I miss Palace and will probably renew my season tickets today on the back of watching.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:19 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
first two episodes of talking heads and no behind the scenes footage.. dull.
The behind the scenes stuff only started when Ian Holloway was appointed, which is the point where Molen Media started recording their footage.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:21 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Not sure how much you'd enjoy it as a neutral, but I couldn't care less.
Exactly this. Nothing for a neutral IMO but given how well hidden Amazon have this, they really don't appear to be chasing anyone other than Palace fans.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 04-06-2021, 10:22 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Completed it mate.

Loved every minute but I must say there's not a lot in it for non Palace fans.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:23 AM

jaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2 episodes in and absolutely loving it - was such a great time. That said I do wonder what a non-Palace fan will think.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:26 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Amazing how far we’ve come in such short time. Sometimes we forget.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:28 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
2 episodes in and absolutely loving it - was such a great time. That said I do wonder what a non-Palace fan will think.
Who cares, this is for us.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:28 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon View Post
Excellent point
Old 04-06-2021, 10:29 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Ah, the old Crystal Paggis commentator has made an appearance!
Old 04-06-2021, 10:35 AM

jaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejaxon : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Who cares, this is for us.
Nah fair point who cares, absolutely loving it.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:36 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
I hoped for something way more insightful. Outside the first ten minutes its just a bog standard talking heads review of the season (i am half way through ep 3). I can enjoy it so perhaps dull was too harsh but it's just not that interesting and for anyone not a palace fan i would be surprised if many make it past the end of episode one.

I know that's not going to be a popular review but unless it picks up it's really very bland and only of interest to us. Unlike the fly on the wall docs previously on prime.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:38 AM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I hoped for something way more insightful. Outside the first ten minutes its just a bog standard talking heads review of the season (i am half way through ep 3). I can enjoy it so perhaps dull was too harsh but it's just not that interesting and for anyone not a palace fan i would be surprised if many make it past the end of episode one.

I know that's not going to be a popular review but unless it picks up it's really very bland and only of interest to us. Unlike the fly on the wall docs previously on prime.
Yeah, but who really cares what the neutrals think?
Old 04-06-2021, 10:40 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin' Eagles View Post
Yeah, but who really cares what the neutrals think?
Fair enough.. might as well just stick it on palace tv then. Perhaps it will get more interesting but the first 3 episodes could have been one.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:40 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
I’m just finishing ep 4. Omg I think someone is cutting onions near me. Amazing scenes reminiscing about the playoffs. The shot of Brighton’s clappers on their seats was hilarious

Damo talking about their fans leaving early was brilliant

That squad was so special
Them and the 2010 squad both really achieved something very impressive.

The 2010 squad were punching above their weight before administration but being deducted 10 points losing player and still staying up was a heroic performance from a team that was largely players who would be fringe in any championship side.

Then going from finishing 17th, losing the first three games of the season, to top of the league in our play off season was utterly epic. I think had Doogie stayed we'd have won the league. By the time he left for Bolton we we're on fire. Bolaise, Zaha, Murrey etc were unstopable. The fact that most of that side were responsible for keeping us up next season is a testament to just how good they were.

But beating Brighton, without Murray, was the highlight. My uncle died that season. I remember that at his funeral wake, the pub happened to be showing the rerun of the Brighton 2-0 game on Sky. As a lifelong palace fan it felt so right.

The play off final was great and all, but that Brighton win felt personal. Seeing Palace at Wembley lifting the trophy was special as **** but doing Brighton at theirs was manficent
Old 04-06-2021, 10:42 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I did smile when I saw the BBS in episode one. I forget the small roll this website played in the Lloyds bank thing.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:42 AM

anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Old 04-06-2021, 10:44 AM

anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!anonymousone has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I bloody miss those times so much. The goal was great reaching it but I miss those days and players, Holloway etc
Old 04-06-2021, 10:45 AM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fair enough.. might as well just stick it on palace tv then.
Yeah, but presumably the club made money from selling it to Amazon. So, in the club's interests to put it out on Amazon. And who knows, maybe we'll get some additional fans from it.