Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:47 AM

aslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollieaslan belongs to Ollie
It's the perfect documentary. Only seen ep 1 so far but any documentary with a hefty section on Peter Ramage cannot be beaten IMHO. ��
Old 04-06-2021, 10:49 AM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Only programme I have ever seen that is on a par with Minder.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:51 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I think that part of the attraction is that people are talking about events with a distance of 10 years so can be a bit more open and honest. Very clear in the DF to Bolton section.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 04-06-2021, 11:09 AM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
It really is a remarkable piece of our history. A team of warriors who defied the odds and laid the foundations for the future.

We need to seriously remember where we were and where we are now. You only have to look at the Next Manager Saga thread to see we have lost something and maybe some will really appreciate the job Roy actually did and the job that SP does everyday for us. The criticism of him is absolutely unwarranted heís made lots of mistakes but who doesnít. The most important thing for me is that he always fixes those mistakes and always has the best interests of the club at heart.

Ultimately it is all about the academy and we need to go into next season and support who ever the manager will be. We need to keep our stay in the PL going and keep that foundation secure as those academy boys are not ready yet. When they are our future will be so much secure. I believe this is the vision we all want for the future.

Anyway enjoy the series everyone as it is absolutely everything that we as Palace are about.

COYP!
Old 04-06-2021, 11:13 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I'm watching while working and have got to midway through the second episode. Very enjoyable and Dougie and Steve P come across incredibly well. You get an understanding of what makes Steve tick as the decision maker.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One episode in and

a) I love the fact our owners are not only legit fans but also genuine local people

b) where do I buy an aerial shot photograph of South London, with Selhurst Park shining in the middle of it?

c) we were never 150/1 to go up as was claimed. Those odds would have been for winning the title. Real odds I imagine were more like 25/1 or 33/1 which is still an incredible effort

d) Freedman comes over really well but I guess that will turn somewhat in ep2

e) the way we procured players then reminds me of Coppell/Noades and putting in the graft and hours to find and then convince players. Also reminiscent of the ultimate dream team Brian Clough & Peter Taylor in the 70s and having too woo players and their families

f) getting Glenn Murray was a masterstroke. Good job he didn't truly get the rivalry back then!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 04-06-2021, 11:31 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I hoped for something way more insightful. Outside the first ten minutes its just a bog standard talking heads review of the season (i am half way through ep 3). I can enjoy it so perhaps dull was too harsh but it's just not that interesting and for anyone not a palace fan i would be surprised if many make it past the end of episode one.

I know that's not going to be a popular review but unless it picks up it's really very bland and only of interest to us. Unlike the fly on the wall docs previously on prime.
Lots of the other 'on the wall' documentaries clearly have some very staged/edited moments in them. This has an actual story that focuses on the individuals involved. It's a monument to the promotion team.

I'm sorry that you find that dull.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:35 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Something we definitely need to bring in next transfer window is some proper leadership and determination. A proper midfield warrior like Jedinak or a no-nonsense defender like Damo would take this team up a gear.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:36 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
Only programme I have ever seen that is on a par with Minder.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:37 AM
Probationary User

seanwebb13 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
One episode in and

a) I love the fact our owners are not only legit fans but also genuine local people

b) where do I buy an aerial shot photograph of South London, with Selhurst Park shining in the middle of it?

c) we were never 150/1 to go up as was claimed. Those odds would have been for winning the title. Real odds I imagine were more like 25/1 or 33/1 which is still an incredible effort

d) Freedman comes over really well but I guess that will turn somewhat in ep2

e) the way we procured players then reminds me of Coppell/Noades and putting in the graft and hours to find and then convince players. Also reminiscent of the ultimate dream team Brian Clough & Peter Taylor in the 70s and having too woo players and their families

f) getting Glenn Murray was a masterstroke. Good job he didn't truly get the rivalry back then!
Might be able to help you with B there mate... which one most tickled your fancy?
Old 04-06-2021, 11:37 AM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
3 episodes in.
Loved 1 and 2.
3 not so much.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:40 AM

CpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
just watched all 5 back to back, incredible! great memories too! what a group of players they were!
Old 04-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I hoped for something way more insightful. Outside the first ten minutes its just a bog standard talking heads review of the season (i am half way through ep 3)...

...Unlike the fly on the wall docs previously on prime.
I don't think you understand the premise of this documentary. This wasn't commissioned by anyone. The original footage was recorded from November 2012 onwards. The additional work was done by the PalaceTV guys, and the entire package was then sold to Amazon Prime.

The club at the time the season started had a media team consisting of 4 members of staff. None of them were presenters, camera operators or film editors. They were almost entirely there to do programme editorial work and website news/updates, overseen by Terry Byfield. Palace have only really had a video team since 2016.

The film crew that came in to record the behind the scenes footage only started doing that when Ian Holloway took over. That's why the footage starts from that point.

The club couldn't just tell the story from that moment, though, because there's so much more detail to it. So yeah, it makes perfect sense to use talking heads to provide context to what then followed.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:42 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwebb13 View Post
Might be able to help you with B there mate... which one most tickled your fancy?
Make that 2 of us, especially if it can sneak my old house in
Old 04-06-2021, 11:46 AM

mrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
asked to remove lol

Last edited by mrfenandes; 04-06-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:51 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
(asked to delete quote from mrfenandes)

Last edited by Bangell; 04-06-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:51 AM

ParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineParrsLeftBoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How the hell do I find it on prime?
Old 04-06-2021, 11:52 AM

mrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrfenandes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
asked to remove lol

Last edited by mrfenandes; 04-06-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:55 AM

Havel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHavel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched all 5 after saying i was only going to watch the first one today. Loved reliving every minute, that brought back so many memories.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:55 AM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrsLeftBoot View Post
How the hell do I find it on prime?
Easiest way is search Crystal Palace documentary