Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 02-05-2019, 08:17 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My guess is that he’s been fitted up so comprehensively that he believes he’s done nothing wrong... and I suspect the perpetrators are not in May’s camp.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
China?

If so, they have done us a favour.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
What they have is a call from Williamson to the reporter not the content of the call. Good circumstantial evidence enough for a sacking but not enough for criminal charges unless the reporter spills the beans.
Do you have a source for stating you know what they have?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Far be it from me to support Skintagain, but I don't think there is any disagreement that he spoke to the journalist. As neither he nor the journalist have disclosed what was said, it's probably also true that they do not know the content of the call.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Semper Idem

That’s only one item of the evidence.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 08:22 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whereas I understand oppo MP's are wetting themselves at getting a conviction so they can get a by election, all he's been accused of is leaking a commercial decision, confidential but hardly an important state secret. I doubt he'd be convicted. I also doubt evidence will ever found to reach a conviction anyway, so I'm not too excited about that.

As far as I know the reporter that broke the story Steven Swinford has neither confirmed or denied that it was Williamson. I doubt he would, it would be a career ending admission for him. I also doubt even a div like Williamson would actually leak something like that directly on his own phone.

Personally, in this case I see the leak as a good thing. The decision is nuts and people can start working against it.

I see from reports that behind his back he's known as Private Pike.
The issue here though is not the leaking in itself as this is part of normal political life, but the fact it came from a national security council meeting. Maintaining confidentiality within these meetings is considered sacrosanct because of the national security implications if this breached. Well that is how it is being presented. Maybe in this case because of the contents of the leaked info the call for criminal prosecution appears to be OTT, but the seriousness comes from the fact that everyone attending such meetings should be confident they can speak freely without fear that what they say is then made public.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:25 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
That’s only one item of the evidence.
So what is the other evidence? I've only heard about the circumstantial phone call.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
I would tend to suspect whoever persuaded Williamson to call that journalist. Maybe I am seeing plots where there are none but Williamson is just too good a patsy in this matter.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:35 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
So what is the other evidence? I've only heard about the circumstantial phone call.
Chinese whispers?
Old 02-05-2019, 08:37 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can't reveal my sources.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:39 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
I would tend to suspect whoever persuaded Williamson to call that journalist. Maybe I am seeing plots where there are none but Williamson is just too good a patsy in this matter.
Williamson blames Lidington for the leak not that he has any evidence of course.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Chinese whispers?

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 02-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whereas I understand oppo MP's are wetting themselves at getting a conviction so they can get a by election, all he's been accused of is leaking a commercial decision, confidential but hardly an important state secret. I doubt he'd be convicted. I also doubt evidence will ever found to reach a conviction anyway, so I'm not too excited about that.

As far as I know the reporter that broke the story Steven Swinford has neither confirmed or denied that it was Williamson. I doubt he would, it would be a career ending admission for him. I also doubt even a div like Williamson would actually leak something like that directly on his own phone.

Personally, in this case I see the leak as a good thing. The decision is nuts and people can start working against it.

I see from reports that behind his back he's known as Private Pike.
Thanks for that Trigger.

Cricket wanker.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:50 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Utterly amazing that Williamson has been sacked for one alleged misdemeanour but Grayling sails on regardless of every cock up he makes.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:02 AM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Utterly amazing that Williamson has been sacked for one alleged misdemeanour but Grayling sails on regardless of every cock up he makes.
I'm convinced that May hasn't sacked Grayling only because he makes her look halfway competent...
Old 02-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
There is the timing of the call; the location of the call and of course the duration of the call. One might assume, as an example, that if the call took place some time after the Security Council meeting then it would be less safe to assume that he leaked then if it was immediately afterwards. Res Gestae, perhaps!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is the timing of the call; the location of the call and of course the duration of the call. One might assume, as an example, that if the call took place some time after the Security Council meeting then it would be less safe to assume that he leaked then if it was immediately afterwards. Res Gestae, perhaps!
Absolutely. Also the speed at which Williamson speaks, the estimated percentage of time Swinford normally allows a conversation partner to speak for and the mobile phone reception around Whitehall that day.

Res Gestae indeed!
Old 02-05-2019, 10:13 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I am struggling to understand that if this leak is a criminal offence under the Official Secrets Act then why the police do not simply mount an investigation. The Prime Minister calling for one is surely irrelevant as any investigation, or lack of, is not down to her to decide.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:43 AM

steeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesteeleye20 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I am struggling to understand that if this leak is a criminal offence under the Official Secrets Act then why the police do not simply mount an investigation. The Prime Minister calling for one is surely irrelevant as any investigation, or lack of, is not down to her to decide.
There has to be a complaint first, but they will investigate.

Is there anyone prepared to run with it, does he have friends and more importantly, money.

At least he is having a go, Damien Greene was a right drip.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:51 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because the evidence is conclusive?
Because she is "strong and stable"?

SaulAlinsky