Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-04-2020, 12:17 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Old 04-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Like an old fat bloke jumping on a bandwagon?
I'm not sure what your exact point is, but I infer it's aimed at me.

El Ag and I are agreeing that there's a huge overlap with what is considered 'rock and roll' and what isn't.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Another entry point for appreciation of Miles' august canon might be through his hip-hop collaboration released in 92, just after he passed.

Still pushing boundaries, interpreting the sounds of New York via his trademark phrasing and horn sound.

I'm still left wondering what musical avenues he wouldn't have invaded, if he were still alive

I thank you for recommendation, but I'm afraid if there's anything pretty much guaranteed to make me not like something, it's mixing it with hip-hop.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I thank you for recommendation, but I'm afraid if there's anything pretty much guaranteed to make me not like something, it's mixing it with hip-hop.
May I point you in the general direction of the Preservation Hall Jazz band then?

The excellent 2017 album 'So It Is' might be a good place to start...Here's a sample

Their Latin infused album is called 'Tuba to Cuba'... well worth a listen.

Finally, they are at heart a band that love to play live, so their ensemble album 'St Peter & 57th St' might tickle your fancy, so to speak

All kinda folks turned up on that for what must have been one helluva night.

Interested to know what you make of them
Old 04-04-2020, 08:22 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Top stuff!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:45 PM

Rob Agates is playing for a contract
Quote:
May I point you in the general direction of the Preservation Hall Jazz band then?

The excellent 2017 album 'So It Is' might be a good place to start...Here's a sample

Finally, they are at heart a band that love to play live, so their ensemble album 'St Peter & 57th St' might tickle your fancy, so to speak

Listening to Preservation Hall, was finally my gateway into jazz proper, after many attempts over the years. I first came to them through the New Orleans brass bands (Rebirth, Soul Rebels, Hot 8 etc.), which then led me to explore more music from that great city. Pres Hall took me to Jelly Roll Morton and Louis Armstrong, and more recently to the Latin end of things. I have gone progressively deeper since then, so there is hope for all those who don't get jazz. But go see it played live, as it then becomes a completely different animal.
Still can't listen to Bitches Brew, though!
Old 05-04-2020, 05:21 PM

Rob Agates is playing for a contract
Josh Paxton plays James Booker - is it jazz, is it R&B, is it occasionally classical, who cares - what a brilliant piano player.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 06-04-2020, 06:52 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:

Has a tinge of electro swing, I think.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Old Today, 06:38 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Finally! An album that I own!