Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Which best describes you?
Currently in Holmesdale Lower, if rail seats (ie standing) are installed I want to be in them 145 40.50%
Currently in Holmesdale Lower - would choose a seating area if back of lower became standing 30 8.38%
Currently NOT IN Holmesdale Lower but would love to move to rail seating (standing) 103 28.77%
Not in Lower tier, and no interest in being in any standing area 63 17.60%
MOO! 17 4.75%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I think the way they have sneaked it in will mean it is 1:1
I assume it's 1:1 on the basis that you need to be able to convert back to seating (eg for European competitions - a big issue for us, of course )

(I'm guessing now) other forms of safe standing might allow more capacity, but you wouldn't be able to convert the area back to seating for it would have to be closed for any UEFA fixtures.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 PM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo the Elder View Post
Sorry to ask - Does anyone know what the ratio of rail seat vs "regular" seating is? I think I read once that a rail seated / safe standing area extends capacity by 20% but of course it could be up to 50% +
I understand it would take the same area. It would be ridiculously expensive to re-concrete the steps in the stand, so (allowing for the fact people are getting bigger)they would give an identical capacity. There are also Fire/Safety Regulations that mean an increased capacity would mean better exits, etc.

I could be wrong. I was , once before.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo the Elder View Post
Sorry to ask - Does anyone know what the ratio of rail seat vs "regular" seating is? I think I read once that a rail seated / safe standing area extends capacity by 20% but of course it could be up to 50% +
I thought it was something like 3:2 in terms of capacity - i.e. they let more people in when stood than there are seats in those areas, but could be wrong on that.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
They do in Germany but doubt it will be allowed for a long time here. Not that it won't happen anyway.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
The disabled section is located behind Block A of the Holmesdale and that includes wheelchair users, ambulant disabled and carers.

The effect on their view of the game would have to be taken into consideration especially as the disabled facilities are located in this area of the stand such as the disabled toilets and the sensory room which is a new addition to the facilities required to comply with disability facilities at football stadia.

A raised platform could solve the sight-line problem as at present there is a slightly elevated raised wooden floor to raise the wheelchair users line of sight.

Many ambulant disabled fans cannot sit all game or stand all game as due to blood circulation problems they have to both stand and sit for periods of the match and for this reason they would ideally need to be located in a seat where they could also stand if required.

No doubt this will be discussed at the next CPFC DSA meeting in a couple of weeks time.
Sounds like rail seats are even the answer to the disabled section. One day we'll all be wondering why we used to have all those unsafe seats without rails.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Simmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
I thought it was something like 3:2 in terms of capacity - i.e. they let more people in when stood than there are seats in those areas, but could be wrong on that.

Many thanks FT
Old 07-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
It should be the whole end.

There is seating upstairs and intbe Whitehorse behind the goal.

The mind boggles how the likes of Dortmund have 25,000+ standing up yet we want to do half of a tier.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
It should be the whole end.

There is seating upstairs and intbe Whitehorse behind the goal.

The mind boggles how the likes of Dortmund have 25,000+ standing up yet we want to do half of a tier.
The club should do some proper research to see what the demand is.

And then, yes, if the demand is there, it should be the whole end. (I suspect the demand would be there - but no point in doing the whole end if you can't fill it.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 07-11-2018, 02:59 PM
Block E, for now anyway

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post

And then, yes, if the demand is there, it should be the whole end. (I suspect the demand would be there - but no point in doing the whole end if you can't fill it.)
or perhaps, if the demand is there, they could do the whole of the Arthur!!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post

I simply put that out there as a suggestion, because at present half the Lower Tier stand, and half still sit (some sit even when whole rows of people in front of them stand)

Also by suggesting that as a basis for the poll, it enables those who like to sit in the Lower to be able to select that as an option, thus seeing what peoples true preference would be. At present it looks something like a 4:1 ratio of LH fans preferring standing over sitting which is interesting.

This thread was only intended to get a flavour of peoples thoughts, preferences and opinions. The club really do need to do a proper consultation, however I think they aren't going to do that, and plough on with relocating the E400 instead
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 07-11-2018, 04:58 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I simply put that out there as a suggestion, because at present half the Lower Tier stand, and half still sit (some sit even when whole rows of people in front of them stand)

Also by suggesting that as a basis for the poll, it enables those who like to sit in the Lower to be able to select that as an option, thus seeing what peoples true preference would be. At present it looks something like a 4:1 ratio of LH fans preferring standing over sitting which is interesting.

This thread was only intended to get a flavour of peoples thoughts, preferences and opinions. The club really do need to do a proper consultation, however I think they aren't going to do that, and plough on with relocating the E400 instead
I was surprised how many want to stand maybe they can't stand now because fans behind like to sit not sure if those who voted on this poll actualy all go to selhurst regualy as for e 400 fans like de says probaly be to late to save them .
Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
or perhaps, if the demand is there, they could do the whole of the Arthur!!
As well. I agree, safe seating is better than unsafe seating.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post

This is already seating so no need for research t install them. If the club managed it carefully you could have standing and seating areas within the stand, even though it's all rail seating. Of course this would involve the club managing it, which as you've pointed out is not a given.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:07 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
I was surprised how many want to stand maybe they can't stand now because fans behind like to sit not sure if those who voted on this poll actualy all go to selhurst regualy as for e 400 fans like de says probaly be to late to save them .
I wasn't, many will have stood on the holmesdale terrace as was, plus new fans will want the experience of standing shoulder to shoulder. I don't believe it's too late to rectify either, the club has tools at its disposal (not Sam Icantbefecked in the box office) to deliver a magnificent organised tier next season based on the 4:1 divide figures, giving the HF 100 spaces and then letting the rest of the stand decide where to stand or sit in relation to them and the drum, fairly, in order of Parish point scores at renewal time. The box office simply then post out the season tickets like they do every season. Simple, effective, cheap and sorted fairly for everyone.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
... Simple, effective, cheap and sorted fairly for everyone.
...which, alas, is why it will never happen.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:14 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
...which, alas, is why it will never happen.

I don't like pointing out Steve Parishes failings, but you are probably right. Annoying isn't it.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:24 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
when rail seating come?
Old 20-11-2018, 04:35 PM

les aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineles aigles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
I think the demand for standing from people currently based all over the ground will exceed the capacity of 50% of the Lower Tier.
In which case, my preference would be to make all of the Lower Tier rail standing to try and satisfy the demand. The other 3 sides of the ground and the upper tier can be for those who want to sit.
I think you're right, we could fill the whole lower with rail seat standing for sure.
Old 21-11-2018, 09:14 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
According to the holmesdale singing thread this isn't happening
Old 21-11-2018, 09:18 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
I kind of thought this wouldn't happen in the Lh anyway as why would the club pay out when everyone who wants to stand can anyway. It's an expense we don't need.