Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:28 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
His song obviously has to be the Batman theme

After the match yesterday, the last track played was 'Sweet Caroline' substitute these words with 'Michy Batshuayi' - der der der, scoring in goals in Red & Blue.

I'm copyrighting that now, just don't tell the people in charge of Neil Diamond's back catalogue!

Got a Chelski fan at work who told me Michy does all his work inside the opposition box, so don't expect tremedous workrate and tracking back, but sounds like he is the 'fox in the box' type of player that Defoe is (should that read 'bat in the box'?). Interesting to see how Roy adjusts the line-up to include Michy and how much havoc he can bring when Wilf returns to hopefully confuse the crap out of opposition defenders!
Old 03-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is that Dougie?
Old 03-02-2019, 08:39 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oops forgot to say , I like the Sweet CAROLINE idea��
Old 03-02-2019, 08:50 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
I love AWB but it is far easier to replace a right back than a striker or attacking player for a club like ours..Keeping Wilf & Michy is good collateral damage if someone has to go finance this.
AWB is the best RB I've ever seen at Palace. Better than Clyne. He's a local lad, the only product of our academy in years, and seems very level headed to boot.

And you're proposing he should be collateral damage to sign a striker we've seen 20 minutes of? A good 20 mins granted, but that's mental!
Old 03-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
They didn't offer him to Spurs. Spurs offered an £8m loan fee but Chelsea didn't want him to go there and preferred to loan him to us for a £1m fee.
I heard originally that Chelsea wanted £8m but Spurs only offered £5m.
We got him for £1m because it was so late in the day.
I suppose we'll never know exactly.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:54 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
AWB is the best RB I've ever seen at Palace. Better than Clyne. He's a local lad, the only product of our academy in years, and seems very level headed to boot.

And you're proposing he should be collateral damage to sign a striker we've seen 20 minutes of? That's mental!

He is indeed the best RB I can ever remember too. He chews gum every game and I always wonder how many gums he puts in as it always seems to be a large chunk. Also, it must be like chewing silicon by HT or FT. I canít chew gum longer than 10 mins without it losing its flavour.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Murray used to do the same iirc. Never really understood it
Old 03-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
Source?
My mate who worls at UEFA. His names Albert.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 03-02-2019, 09:32 PM

Hazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I still have a feeling Chelsea will have a lot of players to offload come summer with the loan changes and that could work for us. As to selling AWB, I want us to push on and think we should be trying to keep the very best we have. After all that demonstrates the club has ambition and makes us more attractive as a team to other better players like Batsman. They might then think we have a hope of a top 9 finish and possibly that double edged sword of European football
Old 03-02-2019, 09:38 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
I still have a feeling Chelsea will have a lot of players to offload come summer with the loan changes and that could work for us. As to selling AWB, I want us to push on and think we should be trying to keep the very best we have. After all that demonstrates the club has ambition and makes us more attractive as a team to other better players like Batsman. They might then think we have a hope of a top 9 finish and possibly that double edged sword of European football

I can't see him staying at Chelsea and Valencia didn't work out so sunny Selhurst will be a good place for him to end up if the loan all works out.

Time to get the chequebook out again.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
It's a £1m loan fee and wages of £80k per week from what I have heard.

Absolute frigging bargain!

Doing some quick maths he will cost us about £2m-£2.5m in total.

To put into context, thats similar to the fee alone we paid each for Bamford and Remy
Old 03-02-2019, 09:40 PM

Hazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazbaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I can't see him staying at Chelsea and Valencia didn't work out so sunny Selhurst will be a good place for him to end up if the loan all works out.

Time to get the chequebook out again.
Best we make him really welcome then and nail down his chant song ASAP
Old 03-02-2019, 09:41 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think we benefitted from Chelsea not wanting to loan to Spurs considerably
Old 03-02-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
However it came about Iím glad it did, itís given everyone a real lift. You know Royís happy when he cracks a joke in a post match press conference
Old 03-02-2019, 10:36 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
However it came about Iím glad it did, itís given everyone a real lift. You know Royís happy when he cracks a joke in a post match press conference

Roy is definitely a happy bunny with this signing, there has been no breaking him gently, your on the bench even though you havenít trained with the squad, he never does that.

Fair play to SP for taking the opportunity when it came about. Goes to show you have to have friends at other clubs or you wonít get very far.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Yes, absolutely and possibly there is relationship there between the clubs. See Bamford, Remy and of course RLC who really benefited from his spell with us.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:52 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yes, absolutely and possibly there is relationship there between the clubs. See Bamford, Remy and of course RLC who really benefited from his spell with us.

They did owe us something from Bamford and Remy!
Old 04-02-2019, 09:01 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
My mate who worls at UEFA. His names Albert.
If he is cup tied, do get Albert to give the club a call and let them know.

Wouldn't want to beat Doncaster with a Batshuyai hatrick and then get slung out of the Cup for fielding him.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Roy knows, the club know...it's just some on here who don't. At least we can put Sako out there though.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 04-02-2019, 09:39 AM

Who Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So the rules allow someone who has already played in the FA Cup this season to play in later rounds but someone who has played in a cup competition in another country can't?

That is barmy.