Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I've never heard that rule before and suspect it is bullshit.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Cares? View Post
So the rules allow someone who has already played in the FA Cup this season to play in later rounds but someone who has played in a cup competition in another country can't?

That is barmy.
Well it all depends on the appeal and registration.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 04-02-2019, 10:06 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
God some people on here
Old 04-02-2019, 10:29 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Cares? View Post
So the rules allow someone who has already played in the FA Cup this season to play in later rounds but someone who has played in a cup competition in another country can't, that is balmy.
What if the player has partaken of Cup football not in solar-saturated Spain but Finland whose winter is as cold as Ron Noades' heart in a mortuary?
Old 04-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
People aren't seriously still listening to Maidstone on this?

He is on a massive windup.

Sako is cup tied, there is no rule allowing him to play later or anything similar. He has played for West Brom in the competition he can't play for us, that is that.

Bats hasn't played in the FA Cup so is not Cup tied, regardless of what competitions he played elsewhere it has no baring - there is no rule new or otherwise that impacts this. He can play in the FA Cup for us.

Anything Maidstone says regarding this is a windup which I can't believe some people have been snagged on. I like Maidstone's posts but this has got increasingly boring and is confusing way too many people who have been fool enough to believe him. Problem is several respected posters aware of the windup have joined in and encouraged it.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Sako is cup tied, there is no rule allowing him to play later or anything similar. He has played for West Brom in the competition he can't play for us, that is that.

Bats hasn't played in the FA Cup so is not Cup tied, regardless of what competitions he played elsewhere it has no baring - there is no rule new or otherwise that impacts this. He can play in the FA Cup for us.

Anything Maidstone says regarding this is a windup which I can't believe some people have been snagged on. I like Maidstone's posts but this has got increasingly boring and is confusing way too many people who have been fool enough to believe him. Problem is several respected posters aware of the windup have joined in and encouraged it.
Yeah,that Maidstone fella spreading rubbish...at least I, the one and only Maidstoned, will give you the full and true facts that Batshuayi is cuptied and Sako isn't.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
What if the player has partaken of Cup football not in solar-saturated Spain but Finland whose winter is as cold as Ron Noades' heart in a mortuary?
Well if Finland has a cup competition which, if won, grants a place in European competition then the same rule applies.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:41 PM

Marcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Bats can only play in the FA Cup for us if Chelsea agree to it ? This is how I thought it worked. Happy to be wrong though.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think that was how Michy got clearance to play in the Copa Del Rey. There is no 'double jeopardy' - so they can't grant two different clubs permission to play him in two separate competitions with potential European qualification. That's correct right, Maidstoned?
Old 04-02-2019, 01:06 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can find nothing about either Sako bring eligible to play in the FA cup after the fifth round or Batshuayi bring ineligible on account of it being a European qualification competition which he has already played in one of. They did relax the CL/EL rules on cup tieing of players though.

If it was a recent change it would have been publicised, just send us a link... or give us Albert's number?
Old 04-02-2019, 01:23 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
I think Batshuayi and Sako can both play in the FA Cup but only if they both start/come on as a sub in the same minute.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:25 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
I think Batshuayi and Sako can both play in the FA Cup but only if they both start/come on as a sub in the same minute.
I think it is how many games they have played in a cup competition equals the amount of minutes in tens they have to miss

Sako can't start until the 10th minute and Batshuayi until the 40th minute.

I think we should put them on the bench instead of playing with 9 or 10 men for the majority of the first half.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-02-2019, 01:36 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoonara View Post
Oops forgot to say , I like the Sweet CAROLINE idea��
Yeah, much better than 'Batman' nonsense ..... might be a good idea to wait until he actually scores though.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:00 PM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catford Eagle View Post
I think that was how Michy got clearance to play in the Copa Del Rey. There is no 'double jeopardy' - so they can't grant two different clubs permission to play him in two separate competitions with potential European qualification. That's correct right, Maidstoned?
Pretty much.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Class Swot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I can find nothing about either Sako bring eligible to play in the FA cup after the fifth round or Batshuayi bring ineligible on account of it being a European qualification competition which he has already played in one of. They did relax the CL/EL rules on cup tieing of players though.

If it was a recent change it would have been publicised, just send us a link... or give us Albert's number?
As Albert works in a very discrete area of the governing body I cannot divulge his confidential number on here.

Also, Albert might not be his real name.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:21 PM

coxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcknucks View Post
Bats can only play in the FA Cup for us if Chelsea agree to it ? This is how I thought it worked. Happy to be wrong though.
That’s exactly right. Player on short-term loan can only play in FA Cup with written permission of parent club. (A season-long loan is not a “short-term” loan.) A player who has previously played in FA Cup for one club cannot play for another club in the same season. (The only time I’ve known this rule to be waived was for Man U in 1958.) (Unused subs have not played.) Sako played for WBA and is cup-tied. Nothing in the rules prevents a player who has played in a different cup competition from playing in FAC. Batshuayi is not cup-tied but cannot play unless Chelsea give written permission.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:28 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxswain View Post
That’s exactly right. Player on short-term loan can only play in FA Cup with written permission of parent club. (A season-long loan is not a “short-term” loan.) A player who has previously played in FA Cup for one club cannot play for another club in the same season. (The only time I’ve known this rule to be waived was for Man U in 1958.) (Unused subs have not played.) Sako played for WBA and is cup-tied. Nothing in the rules prevents a player who has played in a different cup competition from playing in FAC. Batshuayi is not cup-tied but cannot play unless Chelsea give written permission.
No reason for them not too, as long as the provision is there for him not to play against Chelsea, which would be understandable.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:06 PM

coxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecoxswain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
No reason for them not too, as long as the provision is there for him not to play against Chelsea, which would be understandable.
The rule says:

"A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition.... The Association will not give permission for players on loan ... to play against the lending Club."

The wording of the rule does not suggest that permission, once given, can be rescinded for later rounds. However, the last sentence would clearly prohibit Batshuayi from playing against Chelsea.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:01 PM

Ronnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRonnie9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I think it is how many games they have played in a cup competition equals the amount of minutes in tens they have to miss

Sako can't start until the 10th minute and Batshuayi until the 40th minute.

I think we should put them on the bench instead of playing with 9 or 10 men for the majority of the first half.
I am sure Roy’s not stupid. If Batshuayi cannot come on until the 40th minute then he will almost certainly put him on the bench
Old 04-02-2019, 10:54 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Yeah,that Maidstone fella spreading rubbish...at least I, the one and only Maidstoned, will give you the full and true facts that Batshuayi is cuptied and Sako isn't.
Fair play