Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old Today, 01:18 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
A good mix, beeb saying Stokes, Buttler and Archer rested.

Again, post world cup, a nice test prior to 1st August
Old Today, 01:25 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Good to see they will have Roy in the Test squad and hopefully see how he does opening in that format after a few years. Still a little worried he will nick off early but if he gets in he tends to score runs and at a reasonable rate. Will be interesting to see how he adapts and how he does.
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I'll whisper it quietly, I know it's too early to jinx, but we appear to be moving forward in a reasonable direction
Old Today, 01:35 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I'll whisper it quietly, I know it's too early to jinx, but we appear to be moving forward in a reasonable direction
Trevor Bayliss will be wearing a Southgate/Neille-esque waistcoast on the Lord's balcony, I tell thee.....
Old Today, 01:41 PM
Keeping The Faith

Thats a point..

Tricky Trev is off post Ashes, who would people like next?

Dizzy is at Sussex was highly thought of.

Former assistant Farbrace I think highly of.

I think Collingwood is just starting out, too early for him
Old Today, 06:15 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
England squad for Ireland Test: Joe Root (c), Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Sam Curran, Joe Denly, Lewis Gregory, Jack Leach, Jason Roy, Olly Stone, Chris Woakes.
Let's say w/k Bairstow pulls up injured the day before the match. Who do you think gets the gloves? Buttler, Foakes or Burns?

I'm guessing Foakes.
Old Today, 06:17 PM
Keeping The Faith

Buttler

Fresh off world cup triumph, gives us continuity
Old Today, 06:42 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Buttler

Fresh off world cup triumph, gives us continuity

I would make Butler as the WK for tests and One Day's
Old Today, 07:13 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Foakes has to play.

He’s the best keeper by a distance.

Cricket wanker.
Old Today, 07:29 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Foakes has to play.

Hes the best keeper by a distance.
This is the debate aint it?

Do we need a keeper who can also bat very well, or we go for a keeper who is very good and can bat at times.......

I am not sure as part of me says, I would go for Butler, but I see the argument for Foakes and mmmm yes could do with him.....
Old Today, 07:40 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Joseph Buttler for me.
Old Today, 07:47 PM

My original question was in reference specifically to the upcoming Ireland Test (for which Buttler is being rested). That’s why I proposed Foakes would get the gloves - he gets more Test experience but Buttler still gets a rest.

In my opinion it’s less clear cut if this happens on the eve of the first Ashes Test....
Old Today, 07:52 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
I think Id go with....

Burns
Roy
Root*
Stokes
Bairstow
Buttler
Foakes+
Woakes
Ali
Archer
Anderson / Broad

Anderson to play but Broad to replace him in case of injury or workload.

Root has to bat at three. (He wont though which probably means Denley for Foakes with Buttler keeping wicket.)

Cricket wanker.
Old Today, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I think Id go with....

Burns
Roy
Root*
Stokes
Bairstow
Buttler
Foakes+
Woakes
Ali
Archer
Anderson / Broad

Root has to bat at three. (He wont though which probably means Denley for Foakes with Buttler keeping wicket.)
They all look a place too high for my liking. Stokes at 4? Sheesh. I agree there's no obvious 3, 4, 5.
Old Today, 08:19 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
We usually have a separate Ashes thread to avoid clogging he normal thread. Someone? Lymps?
Old Today, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
We usually have a separate Ashes thread to avoid clogging he normal thread. Someone? Lymps?
Done, sir!
Old Today, 08:50 PM
Lifes too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think Id go with....

Burns
Roy
Root*
Stokes
Bairstow
Buttler
Foakes+
Woakes
Ali
Archer
Anderson / Broad

I dont know what worries me more...you putting Stokes in your side or the fact you want him to bat at 4....

Old Today, 09:10 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Happy with the side for next week. A few were always likely to be rested with everything that has happened in the last few weeks and coming up. I'm guessing depending on injuries Gregory and one of the spinners will miss out.

I have a feeling that the top three for the Ireland test and the start of the ashes won't be the same at the end.
Old Today, 09:24 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I dont know what worries me more...you putting Stokes in your side or the fact you want him to bat at 4....

I think hes matured as a batsman over the last year. He could even bat three. Hed be as good as anyone else we have.

You lot seem to think I dont rate Stokes at all which is nonsense. I just dont like this legendary bollocks for a bloke whose bowling average is higher than his batting one.

However, he had a very good World Cup and won us the final. Fair play.

Cricket wanker.