Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 01-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The British diaspora is pretty damn big. Surprises me that people don't realise this.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:48 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
At least we donít live in the US where people are dying because they canít afford insulin to control their condition. The prices there have rocketed, for no reason other than greed, and even those with health insurance have seen costs rise, let alone those without.

Some are even travelling to Canada to buy insulin there more cheaply.
That same US we are planning to do a trade deal with, as soon as we free ourselves from the shackles of EU influence?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 AM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Eagle View Post
Amazing how many North Koreans know how to click the " I'm a British citizen" box and vote
I just had a look at the Leave without a Deal petition for comparison and a suprising 14 people of the total 11,192 population of Tuvalu have signed it. There are also 12 from Vanuatu and 17 from Uzbekistan:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

In general it looks like a slightly imperfect system shall we say around the edges but I would reckon that the majority of signatures in both cases are genuine.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:09 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman View Post
I just had a look at the Leave without a Deal petition for comparison and a suprising 14 people of the total 11,192 population of Tuvalu have signed it. There are also 12 from Vanuatu and 17 from Uzbekistan:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

In general it looks like a slightly imperfect system shall we say around the edges but I would reckon that the majority of signatures in both cases are genuine.
What makes you think that these are not British citizens working in those countries?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:22 AM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Fenner View Post
What makes you think that these are not British citizens working in those countries?
It was just these that stuck out to me. To be honest I don't know much about Tuvalu or Vanuatu but it seems that they are in the Commonwealth so it is possible that there are British citizens out there.

I believe that Uzbekistan has a fair amount oil and gas so I suppose there could be British contractors out there too.

It was mainly just a retort to that specific post and in general lots of Pro-Leave commentators about the other petition being bogus for this very reason. There are also signatories on this one from the Vatican and Western Sahara which was a specific cause of scorn about a week back from various Twitter grandees on the right.

Who the hell knows if they are all genuine in terms of both petitions but and handful in a total signing population in the hundreds of thousands+ is a drop in the ocean anyway.