Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 13-07-2019, 10:19 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
So no British diplomats then.
it's laughable that we're meant to have the best diplomats in the world what on Earth is that based on?
And brexiters keep complaining when people call them thick.
Old 13-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
And brexiters keep complaining when people call them thick.
And your argument for our diplomats being better than other countries diplomats is?
Old 13-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Hadron Collider

Dysfunctional, clumsy, inept, insecure: it’s easy to apply all of these words to the Trump administration. Newspapers do so on a regular basis. Social media is full of it. But the diplomat’s job is different: to take a step back and try to solve the puzzles, or find method in the madness. For example: why, if Donald Trump is so awful, did he ever make it to the White House? If his presidency is an abomination, why does he stand such a good chance of re-election? How should British diplomats respond to the trends that Trump embodies which are changing politics (and diplomacy) around the world?

Donald Trump’s treatment of Sir Kim Darroch has been abominable. For an American president to attack...

Telegraph firewall in the way but so true!
Old 13-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
And your argument for our diplomats being better than other countries diplomats is?
Where did he make that claim?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Semper Idem

Oh, and didn’t we explain all of this in detail to you on the Trump thread? Haven’t we been through this debate, as you called it, multiple times before? Do you really need reminding that the job of a diplomat is different to the job of a contestant on Britain’s Got Talent?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Where did he make that claim?
What meaning do you put on his post ... Agreement or disagreement with my post .... the point of my post being possible disagreement with our diplomats being the best in the world.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Oh, and didn’t we explain all of this in detail to you on the Trump thread? Haven’t we been through this debate, as you called it, multiple times before? Do you really need reminding that the job of a diplomat is different to the job of a contestant on Britain’s Got Talent?
Just because you have taken that same path in this thread from your first post doesn't mean you can blame me.
Suggest a UK ambassador to America is the thread....try to debate Michael Portillo or suggest somebody else.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
the point of my post being disagreement with our diplomats being the best in the world.
They are certainly amongst the best and head and shoulders above the rest.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:28 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
You're argument is pointless if it relies on putting words in other people's mouth.

Maybe you should show examples of every diplomat in every other country being better in every situation.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
You're argument is pointless if it relies on putting words in other people's mouth.

Maybe you should show examples of every diplomat in every other country being better in every situation.
I made no such claims .... Nobody does.... But I've often heard that apparently ours are the best of the world!
You think to ask for evidence of this makes somebody thick ..... Maybe your blind acceptance without evidence makes you the fool.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Hadron Collider

Michael Portillo ... Much more fit for the Post than any diplomat on the Foreign Office payroll ..
Old 13-07-2019, 11:38 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Harry and Meghan.

Trump would be so conflicted....wanting to keep in with the royal family but loathing the democrat Meghan.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:43 AM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Harry and Meghan.

Trump would be so conflicted....wanting to keep in with the royal family but loathing the democrat Meghan.

Baby Archie though too articulate perhaps for Trump.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I made no such claims .... Nobody does.... But I've often heard that apparently ours are the best of the world!
You think to ask for evidence of this makes somebody thick ..... Maybe your blind acceptance without evidence makes you the fool.
You did you fool, you tried to tell me what I said. Your words are there for all to see!

My blind acceptance of what? What have I accepted? Again you're trying to put words in my mouth. Maybe concentrate on your own coherence?

You don't care for evidence. You have a complete misunderstanding of the role of the diplomat. You have been told numerous times on the other thread and still you've chosen to bang on about it on a new thread. Your lack of comprehension makes debate with you pointless.
Old 13-07-2019, 11:59 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Michael Portillo ... Much more fit for the Post than any diplomat on the Foreign Office payroll ..
#In order to make this even begin to be a credible claim, you would have to have knowledge of who the candidates are on this Foreign Office payroll.

It's a fair bet that this is not the case ; and so it's a fair bet that your post, nay the entire thread, is redundant nonsense.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
You did you fool, you tried to tell me what I said. Your words are there for all to see!

My blind acceptance of what? What have I accepted? Again you're trying to put words in my mouth. Maybe concentrate on your own coherence?

You don't care for evidence. You have a complete misunderstanding of the role of the diplomat. You have been told numerous times on the other thread and still you've chosen to bang on about it on a new thread. Your lack of comprehension makes debate with you pointless.
So it's nothing of any worth to add from you as per usual then .....bye now you're not needed anymore.
Old 13-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
#In order to make this even begin to be a credible claim, you would have to have knowledge of who the candidates are on this Foreign Office payroll.

It's a fair bet that this is not the case ; and so it's a fair bet that your post, nay the entire thread, is redundant nonsense.
Sir whoever it is ... Is always the same chap from the same school with the same ignorance in their intelligence .... The British Public have rejected them and their European bureaucratic federal superstate cousins.
Your middle class global communism is dead....
Old 13-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
The British Public have rejected them and their European bureaucratic federal superstate cousins..
Since when did this British Public of yours make any statement whatsoever about the Foreign Office?

I can only conclude that you are drunk on alcohol, drugs or methylated spirits.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Since when did this British Public of yours make any statement whatsoever about the Foreign Office?

I can only conclude that you are drunk on alcohol, drugs or methylated spirits.
No vote has been given but you want to ignore politics in the UK .... And huge public swing to a brand new party ... Rejecting the ....we know better...
Put it to the Public and Nigel will be off to take up the job!
Old 13-07-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
So it's nothing of any worth to add from you as per usual then .....bye now you're not needed anymore.
Well maybe you can keep telling me what I think and have your own debate.