Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 21-08-2019, 01:18 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
The Books of Revd Nigel Sands

We've just moved to the seaside. And moved tons of books that haven't been unboxed since the last move in 2002.

I now know I have four of the Rev's books. I've got "The Coppell Campaigns", "Crystal Palace A-Z", "Centurions" and "Player by Player"

Does anyone have a list of all his books? Amazon and Google are unhelpful.

Which ones have you got?
Old 21-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a copy of the Coppell Campaigns on my bookshelf.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 21-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
The British Library online catalogue lists nine titles by Nigel Sands. The BL receives a copy of every book published in the UK so this should be all the books he wrote. However, it doesn't include 100 Greats, published by Tempus in 2001.

Crystal Palace Football Club, 1905-1997 : the history of the club / by Nigel Sands ; with photography by Neil Everitt.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1997.

Crystal Palace Football Club / compiled by Nigel Sands.
Stroud : Tempus, 1999.

The Palace centurions : the players with 100+ firstclass appearances / by Nigel Sands.
Buckingham : Sporting & Leisure Press, 1991.

Palace promotions : the club's eight promotion seasons, 1905-06 to 1988-89 / by Nigel Sands.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1993.

Palace parade : the most memorable matches 1984-1994 / by Nigel Sands.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1994.

Crystal Palace Football Club : the A-Z / by Nigel Sands.
Buckingham : Sporting and Leisure, 1990.

Crystal Palace FC, player by player since 1960 / by Nigel Sands ; with contemporary photographs by Neil Everitt.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1996.

The Coppell campaigns 1984-1992 / by Nigel Sands.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure Press, 1992.

Crystal Palace Football Club, 1905-1995 : the history of the club / by Nigel Sands ; with photography by Neil Everitt.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1995.
Old 21-08-2019, 04:26 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
He also is so-credited alongside Mike Purkiss for the Breedon book/bible "A Complete Record 1905 - 1989"

Then, published by Sporting and Leisure Press, there is also:

Palace Promotions (published 1993)
Palace Parade (published 1994 - reports of the most memorable matches 1984-1994)
Crystal Palace FC 1905-1995 (published 1995)
Crystal Palace FC 1905-1997 (a 1997 version of the above simply with an extra chapter)

Then he went into Softback books:
Images of England, Crystal Palace Football Club (1999, Tempus)
100 Greats (2001, Tempus)
100 of the Finest Matches (2002, Tempus)
The Men who made Crystal Palace Football Club (2004, Tempus)
And his last book
100 Years of Crystal Palace Football Club (2005, Tempus)

He is part credited with the 2011 A Complete Record, although modestly he gave Ian King the author credit on the cover. I believe he wrote the club story part of this book.

Edit - ROB beat me to it!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 21-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 21-08-2019, 09:04 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I contributed some of the photographs to the books on Ruskin Old Boy's list above.
Old 21-08-2019, 10:02 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
The British Library online catalogue lists nine titles by Nigel Sands. The BL receives a copy of every book published in the UK so this should be all the books he wrote. However, it doesn't include 100 Greats, published by Tempus in 2001.

Crystal Palace Football Club, 1905-1997 : the history of the club / by Nigel Sands ; with photography by Neil Everitt.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1997.

Crystal Palace Football Club / compiled by Nigel Sands.
Stroud : Tempus, 1999.

The Palace centurions : the players with 100+ firstclass appearances / by Nigel Sands.
Buckingham : Sporting & Leisure Press, 1991.

Palace promotions : the club's eight promotion seasons, 1905-06 to 1988-89 / by Nigel Sands.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1993.

Palace parade : the most memorable matches 1984-1994 / by Nigel Sands.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1994.

Crystal Palace Football Club : the A-Z / by Nigel Sands.
Buckingham : Sporting and Leisure, 1990.

Crystal Palace FC, player by player since 1960 / by Nigel Sands ; with contemporary photographs by Neil Everitt.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1996.

The Coppell campaigns 1984-1992 / by Nigel Sands.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure Press, 1992.

Crystal Palace Football Club, 1905-1995 : the history of the club / by Nigel Sands ; with photography by Neil Everitt.
Whittlebury : Sporting & Leisure, 1995.
No.2, A great book which rekindles memories of some fabulous games and great Palace stars of the past.
Old 26-08-2019, 04:39 PM

ian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineian king : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
He is part credited with the 2011 A Complete Record, although modestly he gave Ian King the author credit on the cover. I believe he wrote the club story part of this book.
This is true, I knew nothing of being left with the sole credit on the cover until I saw the dust-jacket.

I hope I made suitable justification to this in the Introduction to the book.