Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-02-2016, 10:46 AM

eagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anybody see the 18yr old lad score 2 for United last night - only in the team because of injuries but just goes to show you that the only way to tell is to give them a go

Think a lot of Palace fans were impressed by Boateng at Swansea. I was disappointed to not see either him or Kaikai play v Watford.

Seems like Will Hoare is at Newcastle. Assume they are cat 1 and therefore poached him?
Old 26-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
I believe Hoare signed a professional contract, in which case they wouldn't be able to sign him under EPPP compensation.
Old 26-02-2016, 11:13 AM

eagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagle heights : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Sounds like woosies after a job at the Palace.
Sounds like they could do with somebody!

Some things Pardew has said makes me think he is not a massive fan of the academy system and maybe relates to being made feel like an outsider when he joined the club via non league. I think Pardew feels that academies wrap players in cotton wool compared to his own experience

You can see players like Murray and Gayle who have a hunger for goals after being let go by clubs and their survival becomes dependent on goals ; and then on the other side you see the likes of Campbell and Wickham who have never had to face the possibility of another career and their motivation seems lacking in comparison
Old 26-02-2016, 11:24 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle heights View Post

You can see players like Murray and Gayle who have a hunger for goals after being let go by clubs and their survival becomes dependent on goals ; and then on the other side you see the likes of Campbell and Wickham who have never had to face the possibility of another career and their motivation seems lacking in comparison
Your general point may be true for some young players but i personally dont feel Wickham or Campbell have any less motivation than Murray or Gayle. I dont think a player will still be a professional at 23 if they are not committed. Football is just too competitive.
Old 26-02-2016, 01:03 PM
Probationary User

Paul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behindPaul98 will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Luke Dreher looks to be doing very well in the 21s, not long turned 17. Was the best player on the pitch for them the other day and looked comfortable, managed to get two assists.

Is playing up and has not gone away with the 18s to India so firmly an U21 player for good now. Ahead of Michael Phillips who is a year older in a similar CM position.

Have always liked the look of Dreher since he won a penalty on his U18s home debut at 15, but he's really kicked on offensively after moving to the 21s. Defensively needs work but he is still young and has time, so I'm sure that will come.
Phillips back in September of this season received a nasty knock in training with the 21s resulting in knee ligament damage, he was out for over 6 weeks. Trained and played with the 18s to get his fitness up, when fit he retuned to training and playing for the 21s and then got injured again in the FA youth cup game at Selhurst Park back in January resulting in a further 4 weeks out with an ankle injury. He resumed training with 18s and 21s but is currently out with a strained hamstring. needless to say not been a good season for him.
Old 26-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
I believe Hoare signed a professional contract, in which case they wouldn't be able to sign him under EPPP compensation.
I thought he was told his contract wasn't going to be renewed in the summer, and he was free to sound out other clubs
Old 26-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
May be right if it was a one year professional deal he signed. Still outside of EPPP, however.
Old 26-02-2016, 04:40 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like the look of Randell Williams
Old 26-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul98 View Post
Phillips back in September of this season received a nasty knock in training with the 21s resulting in knee ligament damage, he was out for over 6 weeks. Trained and played with the 18s to get his fitness up, when fit he retuned to training and playing for the 21s and then got injured again in the FA youth cup game at Selhurst Park back in January resulting in a further 4 weeks out with an ankle injury. He resumed training with 18s and 21s but is currently out with a strained hamstring. needless to say not been a good season for him.
Thanks for the info.
Here's wishing him an injury-free year to make up lost ground.
Old 28-02-2016, 09:29 AM

So is that it for the season in terms of Boateng and Kaikai?
Old 28-02-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnInTheUSA View Post
Good article on Saints and their Foundation.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Could we create something similar?
Yes we could. My thoughts are that Palace do not have a long term vision for bringing players through regularly.

Pulis and Pardew both have not been advocates of promoting young players so the vision has stagnated. I think Pardew has an anti-academy phlosophy based on his rise through non league.

Palace success has historically been based on a combination of lower league signings and academy players. Once we start acting like an established premier club we forget our modus operandi and trip up
Old 28-02-2016, 03:40 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Rashford at Man Utd. Wonderful fairytale stuff. That's what an Academy should be.

Since Freedman left, there hardly seems any point in Palace having one.
Old 28-02-2016, 04:00 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Do fans reAly think if palace had a rashford in the academy pardew would not have him around the squad kaikai prob nearest to team but the rest you would not put ahead of what played yesterday some might say they would play boateng ahead of a experienced international in Ledley or Jedi not for me yet.
Old 28-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Do fans reAly think if palace had a rashford in the academy pardew would not have him around the squad kaikai prob nearest to team but the rest you would not put ahead of what played yesterday some might say they would play boateng ahead of a experienced international in Ledley or Jedi not for me yet.
Comparisons with Rashford are slightly unfair given the talent MU have in their academy and amount of money ploughed into it, but it shows as a general principle what happens when you give a chance to young players who are good enough to have a chance of doing something if they play.

The second half yesterday showed how much we have missed having two wingers (and Bolasie of course). I do wonder whether we would have been more balanced had Kaikai been given a chance (he's fit again now).

Quote:
Anybody see the 18yr old lad score 2 for United last night - only in the team because of injuries but just goes to show you that the only way to tell is to give them a go

Think a lot of Palace fans were impressed by Boateng at Swansea. I was disappointed to not see either him or Kaikai play v Watford.

Seems like Will Hoare is at Newcastle. Assume they are cat 1 and therefore poached him?
Hoare is not at Newcastle anymore, he is likely to be released at the end of the season as he is out of contract, he was just training with them for a few days and is back at Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Why are the youngsters in India at the moment?
A relatively pointless tournament that has taken precedent over the studies of some of the U16s who are in their final GCSE year.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere

Last edited by Woosie; 28-02-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 28-02-2016, 04:08 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Just gave myself a headache trying to read that.
Old 28-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Quite liked what i have seen of Hoare and think he was highly rated before injury. Similar heard that Gus Sow is at Dulwich Hamlet

If he goes, hope he has a successfull career in the game ahead. Maybe like William's his height becomes a factor when looking to the future for teams like us
Old 28-02-2016, 05:24 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quite liked what i have seen of Hoare and think he was highly rated before injury. Similar heard that Gus Sow is at Dulwich Hamlet

If he goes, hope he has a successfull career in the game ahead. Maybe like William's his height becomes a factor when looking to the future for teams like us
Was that the guy that did well in South Ifrica?
Old 28-02-2016, 06:18 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
Rashford at Man Utd. Wonderful fairytale stuff. That's what an Academy should be.

Since Freedman left, there hardly seems any point in Palace having one.

LVG only plays them when he has to in desperation which they shouldn't be in considering the money spent. B-Jackson being dropped today for Rojo shows this as he's been good.

However the fact that youngsters need a chance and can take it without going out on loan and scoring 35 is proven from it
Old 28-02-2016, 06:21 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know tasty snacks but didn't realise he organised the lloyds protest, that got lloyds to sell the stadium to cpfc2010 without which they had refused to buy the club, the guy deserves a palace OBE or something not abuse!
Old 28-02-2016, 06:45 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Was at the gym at Goals in Copers Cope road this morning and the younger Palace academy sides were taking on QPR outside.
I agree with Woosie re the India tournament. Our participation in it is about "building the brand" rather than young player development IMHO.
Hoare is a decent, technical ball playing centre mid player. He'll need to find a club that gets ball on floor and passes it thru midfield as he'll get lost in long ball, physical games.
You can sometimes never be sure what you have with a young player until you throw them in. For every obvious future first team player I've seen in our academy (Moses, Scannel, Joniesta, etc), there are also lads that never stood out much until they rose to challenge of a first team opportunity (Clyne, Zaha).
U18s next home game that season ticket holders can attend is V Birmingham on 19th March (morning of Leicester 1st team home game).