Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:05 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Wonder if we will see the likes of Dreher, Kirby and even Mitchell out on loan to League 1 by the start of September or if they will be kept to train with the first XI.

No doubts that their chances of game time in the first team are now some way off (less so for Mitchell) given our recruitment of CM's and the strength of the bench yesterday with 3 of our matchday 18 players out.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:08 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Agree.
When Schlupp, Tomkins, Sakho are fit then 3 of those involved yesterday drop out of matchday squad.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
18s won 4-0 at Colchester yesterday. Rob Street hat-trick and one from Josh Ajayi. Colchester are always terrible.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 11-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Hazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is hereHazbaz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Wonder if we will see the likes of Dreher, Kirby and even Mitchell out on loan to League 1 by the start of September or if they will be kept to train with the first XI.

No doubts that their chances of game time in the first team are now some way off (less so for Mitchell) given our recruitment of CM's and the strength of the bench yesterday with 3 of our matchday 18 players out.
Id add that Id like to see Pierrick getting some attention, lets be honest someone who can score is a priority for us!
Old 11-08-2019, 01:34 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Id add that Id like to see Pierrick getting some attention, lets be honest someone who can score is a priority for us!

I know he scored two in a pre-season friendly... but I wasnt that impressed... I think he is a long way from even making the bench
Old 11-08-2019, 03:00 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Agree.
When Schlupp, Tomkins, Sakho are fit then 3 of those involved yesterday drop out of matchday squad.
By then we will have another 3 injured
Old 11-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:

Dangerous to loan out Mitchell I would imagine as we are very light at fullback. I not sure you can recall loan players now? I find some of these rules actually stop youngsters getting experience. Young players should be able to move at anytime between clubs so they get games. Maybe if you have played less than 30 games you are considered inexperienced are are exempt from rules... would be too far a stretch for the FA to sanction though.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Dangerous to loan out Mitchell I would imagine as we are very light at fullback. I not sure you can recall loan players now? I find some of these rules actually stop youngsters getting experience. Young players should be able to move at anytime between clubs so they get games. Maybe if you have played less than 30 games you are considered inexperienced are are exempt from rules... would be too far a stretch for the FA to sanction though.
Not sure I fully agree with that, although I appreciate the sentiment behind the suggestion. Clubs need a degree of certainty about how long a player they have taken on loan is going to stay with them; if there is a risk he might be called back, they are going to gthink there is too much risk taking a youngster, and plump for a more experienced loanee who is not covered by such a rule
Old 12-08-2019, 12:04 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Not sure I fully agree with that, although I appreciate the sentiment behind the suggestion. Clubs need a degree of certainty about how long a player they have taken on loan is going to stay with them; if there is a risk he might be called back, they are going to gthink there is too much risk taking a youngster, and plump for a more experienced loanee who is not covered by such a rule
Ok fair enough. I mean there should atleast be some more flexibility to give youngsters experience, some of these rules block it. You used to do one month loans etc. Which you can do below the Football League but why not all leagues (Under Prem/Champ) if it a youngster?
Old 12-08-2019, 12:30 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

I am less fond of loans for Palace players as I cannot recall one in recent history where a player comes back better and makes it into the first team. I also question if going to a lge1 of lower club is really any better than staying at Palace and training with the first team. It does seem that once a player goes out on loan that the club have decided he is not going to be good enough for Palace as so many of them leave shortly afterwards for lower down teams. If the purpose of loans is to give those young players experience and give them a chance to make a career at a lower level then that is great by the club, but it doesn't help the first team.
Old 13-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Told that Luke Dreher has potentially done his ACL - awaiting scans for confirmation but looks likely.

Will miss the whole season if so. Out for 9 months.

Also an update on Tyrick Mitchell and Nya Kirby who have both been out injured.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 13-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
No. Poor kid, that’s terrible news if confirmed.
Old 13-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Told that Luke Dreher has potentially done his ACL - awaiting scans for confirmation but looks likely.

We've found our Jonny Williams replacement then.
Old 13-08-2019, 02:43 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post

That is awful news
Old 04-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Will be no defence of the U15 Floodlit Cup this season after Palace were knocked out in qualifying. Won it last year, reached the regional final the year before. Strange because this year's U15s made the semi-final of the Albert Phelan Cup last year as u14s

Old 04-09-2019, 10:39 PM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
In the Derry returning vid the club released today, Gary Issott mentions aim to get Cat 1 Academy status.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:23 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Hasn't that always been the aim, Gary? "Eventually" at least
Old 05-09-2019, 12:55 AM

Subject to being able to afford it.
Which only became poss after getting into Prem.
Slightly disappointing that taking so long. But site now secured on long lease which is large enough to contain everything Cat A requires.
Existing buildings footprint is quite large so hopefully planning permission for the redevelopment work is not too problematic.
Still going to be at least 3 years before remaining existing businesses there depart the site, planning permission obtained and work completed.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:19 AM

wavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
In the Derry returning vid the club released today, Gary Issott mentions aim to get Cat 1 Academy status.
SP said the same on the HTLCO interview. He said he was down there 1 day a week overseeing the development and he sounded optimistic that they'd get it done.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
This is the way to move the club forward.
Maybe some people will stop pissing their panties about lack of investment etc.