Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-11-2021, 02:31 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't really get the need for teams at every yearly age group. Back in the day I thought teams uses to basically cover a two yearly cycle, so U23, U21, U19, U17 and so on.
Old 15-11-2021, 03:00 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Shilton did suffer in penalty shoot outs and a certain hand of god moment
Shilton of the 70s was a lot better than who we saw in 1990, as he was well past it by then.

Still bugs me the Chris Woods wasn't picked instead.
Old 15-11-2021, 05:18 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
The U20s and U19s seem a strange age group as it doesn't correspond with the setup of academy's, at least in England where there are only 2 main groups, U18 and U23. The national U21 seems to cover the players 19-22 and I am surprised they bother with the u19s and u20s. What do other national leagues do in terms of academy players? Do they have u19 and u20 leagues?
Down to UEFA and FIFA, they have competitions at each age group - why?
Old 15-11-2021, 06:10 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Back in the day I thought teams uses to basically cover a two yearly cycle, so U23, U21, U19, U17 and so on.
It depends which "day" you are going back to. When I was a kid, as far as internationals were concerned, the only age group that seemed to exist was U23. I recall on the day of my 23rd birthdasy feeling mortified that I had now passed the age when I could be selected for England U23.

Mind you, I was pretty rubbish at football anyway
Old 15-11-2021, 07:15 PM

Rob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do we have any players in the England u18's tonight verses Portugal, anyone know?
Old 15-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
It depends which "day" you are going back to. When I was a kid, as far as internationals were concerned, the only age group that seemed to exist was U23. I recall on the day of my 23rd birthdasy feeling mortified that I had now passed the age when I could be selected for England U23.

Mind you, I was pretty rubbish at football anyway
90s and into the 2000s.
Old 15-11-2021, 07:17 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Harmer View Post
Do we have any players in the England u18's tonight verses Portugal, anyone know?
They are all on the bench.

You can watch here, they might come on in the second half:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-11-2021, 07:24 PM

Rob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRob Harmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post

I am watching but no team details available!!
Old 15-11-2021, 07:32 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Down to UEFA and FIFA, they have competitions at each age group - why?
I think we all know. Cha-ching.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 15-11-2021, 08:08 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Harmer View Post
I am watching but no team details available!!
Old 15-11-2021, 08:14 PM

Thanks, I thought it was Jack W-M coming on
Old 15-11-2021, 08:17 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
JWM is already on.
Old 15-11-2021, 08:21 PM

I know
Old 15-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post

That game is being played at about 400 mph.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 15-11-2021, 08:26 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
WTF is that ref?
Old 15-11-2021, 08:31 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Lots of toys being thrown out the pram.

Old 15-11-2021, 08:32 PM

Yea not sure what happened there. Seemed to be one unhappy Portuguese lad.
Old 15-11-2021, 08:32 PM

The Portuguese guy wasn't a happy loser
Old 15-11-2021, 08:39 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Yea not sure what happened there. Seemed to be one unhappy Portuguese lad.
I think he was the one who made the bad back pass, one England lad came over to shake his hand at the end and maybe said something, the Portuguese fella didnt take it too well. Lots of "putas" being shouted.

Old 15-11-2021, 08:45 PM
Old School BBS

Scroll back to the minus 14 minute mark, it was the no.13 he wasnt too keen on shaking hands with others and then got a bit stroppy with no.10 Daniel Gore, it got daft after that.