Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-08-2021, 01:52 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
I don’t think there is a fan of the club anywhere who wouldn’t want more and better players, especially in some positions. But…as fans we are lacking information on the opinions and logic being applied by the management across the club.

We know that there have been three priorities in this transformation - that will run over 2 or 3 windows. 1) Reduce the age & wage bill 2) Open doors for young players to come through and 3) Get a manager that is more willing to play more expansive football - but not crazily so.

Number 1 has certainly been achieved in anyone’s eyes and number 3 seems to be there in pre season, but the real test is still to come.

Point 2 is the crucial one, combined with what the club management think of the players we have. We will never have home grown players in every position, no club will, and at varying times the ones waiting to break through will not be in positions we need resources so we need to go and buy players. But as fans we have opinions on players that may be wildly at odds with the view of the pros, for existing players and even more the case with youngsters.

LB is the debate this window. We have Mitchell, Hamman and Adaramola at 22, 21 and 17 respectively. The considered opinion of Derry, McCarthy and Dougie may well be that those three are currently likely to be good enough to cover that position long term for the next 8-10 years, or else be the next AWB funding stream. And, options like Clyne, Schlupp etc as injury cover is fine for this season.

Similarly, PV may see the player we all thought we bought in Jairo finally emerging - he is still only 25 after all - and that he can add the final touches with coaching to make him a top flight DM.

Between them I trust PV to tell DF & co what he needs, after the past couple of windows particularly, DF to find players to match, and, with the wages back under control, the owners to come up with the money. Textor is an additional piece of the jigsaw on funding

The glaring gaps that fans and some BBS posters claim to see may be considered no issue at all by the management, coaching and ownership team. Who do this for a living, and whose jobs depend on making the right decisions.
Top post!
Old 12-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticehurst View Post
Didn't know he has his own academy in america and loves his football. Exciting times.
Apparently he set up FC Florida Prep Academy four years ago and a quick dig shows there is a player who has been there since then called Addison Textor.

Anyone know if he’s related?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-08-2021, 02:01 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms21 View Post
When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.
Where on earth do you get that figure from? Harris and Blitzer certainly didn’t put in a combined £220m when they bought into the club.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
When you consider Harris/Blitzer put in a combined £220m to become equal partners to SP and Textor has put in just under half of that with Covid Etc, you have to assume that makes all 4 equal partners.
What? You don't have to assume that at all. It's completely wrong.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:21 PM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Where on earth do you get that figure from? Harris and Blitzer certainly didn’t put in a combined £220m when they bought into the club.
You’re right, sorry. I’ve got my figures completely wrong. The £220m figure is what they recently valued the club at when there were rumours of them wanting to sell.

Wouldn’t this recent investment give textor the biggest share then?
Old 12-08-2021, 02:38 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Wouldn’t this recent investment give textor the biggest share then?
It depends on how the funds were injected and my guess would be a mixture of equity and loans
Old 12-08-2021, 02:39 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
No I don’t think that is what I said. I believe that clubs should be self sustaining as with any business. Leicester (and Brentford to a lesser degree) are examples of what can be achieved. I think that ultimately the downfall of the premier league will be due to owners that have virtually unlimited pockets who buy success and make it less possible for others to compete. When you think about it we have effectively gone from a big 6 to a big 4 already.

My concern is that many American owners see the long term out for their investment in terms of changing our basic model and, whilst currently shelved, I seriously doubt that the super league idea is dead or that the franchise model won’t rear up again regardless of the platitudes that have been espoused. That drive for greater and greater return on investment is what concerns me. It’s one of the reasons that I think there should be better regulation of private equity firms also.

It isn’t just the USA effect though because we have agents moving into part owning clubs and going forward gaining direct access to these academies which I find hard to reconcile as being in the best interest of the young players or ultimately other clubs. There is so much that needs looking at. I really like the idea of fan part ownership because ultimately owners come and go, they are only temporary stewards, but the fans remain steadfast and hopefully that’s how we hold on to the soul of football in this country.
Both Leicester and Brentford are reliant on loans from their owners. And both would have made even bigger losses if they hadn't been so successful in making a profit on player sales.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 12-08-2021, 02:44 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry where does your figure of £220m come from? It was less than half that.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 12-08-2021, 02:48 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didn’t pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:50 PM

ms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietms21 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Sorry where does your figure of £220m come from? It was less than half that.
It was what the club was valued at recently when Textor was rumoured to wanna buy it outright. Wrong figure.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:11 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I could see a closer working/partnership link with the Palace and Benfica Academies being an outcome of this.

I am in the CPFC cult.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:22 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didn’t pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Dis-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
I could see a closer working/partnership link with the Palace and Benfica Academies being an outcome of this.
Any reason why you think this might be a possibility only I can’t think of any?
Old 12-08-2021, 03:33 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Does Textor have anything to do with Benfica then?

Old 12-08-2021, 03:37 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
From memory he wanted to purchase 25% of Benfica but it was rejected.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 12-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Any reason why you think this might be a possibility only I can’t think of any?
The question received a positive, short response from a 'certain person' when asked if this may be strategic outcome. That ls all I have.

I am in the CPFC cult.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:58 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
That is our next board meeting
Old 12-08-2021, 04:20 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
The question received a positive, short response from a 'certain person' when asked if this may be strategic outcome. That ls all I have.
Textor doesn’t have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?
Old 12-08-2021, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Textor doesn’t have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?
Er hello? Things don’t have to be real for the Textor. He will beam top talent into our academy to nutmeg our little shits and learn them clever
Old 12-08-2021, 04:46 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quite alarming the amount of money we’ve haemorrhaged since promotion. The Harris and Blitzer money and the AWB money. Completing the academy and producing local talent for the first team and to sell is our best bet of sustainability.