Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old Today, 11:24 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's like a bad dream. How can a bloke get so close as to agree who is coming with him and the terms and time period of the contract and then cold feet it. It beggars belief. It's as though these blokes are trying to mess us around on purpose. It stinks. If it's to be believed we even had his work permit application aknowledged. He must have another offer tucked away somewhere. Why else would he suddenly pull out. Tyre kicker Extraordinaire. These blokes could end up getting us relegated.
Old Today, 11:26 PM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.H.Plimmy View Post
I think we've all dreamed of a not-THAT-terrible appointment! Get him in sharpish!

(In fairness, however, the rest of what you say seems pretty spot on.)

So... seeing as we appear not to be considering Wilder (why?), if not Silva then suddenly The Doog IS the man, no?

If we don't fancy Howe, Cooper, Lampard or Ismael, then who else? (I like a couple of lower-league bosses and think they may - MAY - be able to do a job but who knows and there seems to be little interest in any such.)

There's no-one else, is there? (Southgate me no Southgates, please. And take Coleman with you on your way, while you're at it, Gaz, would you?)

We can't now crawl to Cooper, Ismael or Lampard, can we? Was the Howe shot ever on the board (previous scuppered that, maybe?)? So, unbelievably, surely we're left only with a case of "Lawks, Dougie - we're right up to our necks in it, aren't we? We need to sort something and fast. Get your boots on, get out on the training ground pronto, for a season get 17 men behind the ball like you once did, keep us up, never mind the crowd baying for the free-flowing football fiesta of Roy, and we'll have a look again in a year."

Anyone we negotiate with now will pull our pants down, surely - knowing we've a smashing view all the way down a big ol' barrel right now, surely.

What a fine how-do-you-do. Harrumph!
Good bit of prose there sir! Not sure I ken all of the above, but well written none the less
Old Today, 11:26 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms21 View Post
It was a bit patronising, I apologise. My backs up after some of the bullshit Iíve got on this website tonight.

As for him being a good manager, that isnít in any doubt. Heís an excellent manager. But watching the way people responded to Roy at the tail end of his time here, it would just seem utterly bizarre to then bring Sean Dyche in. Especially considering weíve now come very close to a guy like Favre. I disagree with you on him progressing the football at Burnley, though. No manager who is successful is entirely defensive or attacking, and when labels such as that are thrown at people, itís often quite lazy. But generally speaking heís about as close to "hoof ball" merchant as youíre gonna get in the Premier League. And itís not a sustainable way to set up a team - if/when he eventually leaves Burnley, theyíll see why.

He's certainly no Pep but I do think the comparisons between him and Roy are way off the mark. Dyche is a lot more direct than Roy, and in a good way. His teams play with purpose and a clear game plan, something we didn't see a lot of at all last season.

I can understand him not being everyone's cup of tea, and I have no idea how he'd get on with Wilf and some of our higher-earning players, but I'd happily see him come in and recruit some lower league talent and rebuild.
Old Today, 11:27 PM
on the hunt

Curry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCurry : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's all pointing to Dougie again
3. Pipasha, Cambridge
Old Today, 11:29 PM
Probationary User

SelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSelsEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Guessing he saw the transfer budget for next season.
Perhaps but surely thatís the first fecking thing a potential manager wants to know.
Old Today, 11:34 PM

Brodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry View Post
It's all pointing to Dougie again
I think Dom Fifield in the Athletic mentioned Marco Silva was the other one we were considering? I'd be very surprised if Dougie ends up becoming manager.
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
As a layman I would imagine the Palace job looks particularly high risk in terms of risk reward and the context of a career. Before, and now maybe a little more so, The degree of churn in the squad required and now inevitable all taking place in one summer window, the reliance on a smaller squad and greater use of the youngsters brings risks/uncertainties of its own in a difficult season. E.g. two of the youngsters touted widely as having been integrated into Dortmund both cost over £20m as teenagers, ours have cost buttons. Early rumblings that the transfer market will be very slow and difficult this year (the opposite to the noises justifying letting so many contracts expire). The club has until Roy diced with relegation annually and TBH regularly changed Manager too until he arrived. The club has no track record of competitive spending. The half a squad remaining are no doubt unsettled and the best player wants out. Other than that itís looking a breeze. Oh and you start a week on Monday, first friendly less than 2 weeks time. Recruitment of 6-8 players maybe? Pick a number. No walk in the park is it.

It must appeal still to those struggling to get a chance somewhere but you need some ego to think itís a wise step in your career. We need someone who can turn their own fortunes around and take us with them. Oh and can they start on Monday.

I am far more worried about player recruitment than I am Manager purely because I believe that will have a far bigger impact on the season.
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
As someone who is 65 I can sympathize with someone 63 not wanting to get back into the rigors of stress and in a new country to boot...

I suspect after an initial excitement of the prospect he came to his senses... and listened to his wife!
Old Today, 11:35 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
As someone who is 66 I can sympathize with someone 63 not wanting to get back into the rigors of stress and in a new country to boot...

I suspect after an initial excitement of the prospect he came to his senses... and listened to his wife!
I think they are surgically removing the rolling pin as we speakÖÖ
Old Today, 11:36 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
I have spent far too many late evenings melting down on this fecking site, whether it be deadline days or this kind of crap. I would say I need to re-evaluate my relationship with Palace and other factors I canít control but you know what, having just considered what I am doing here again at this late hour, I think I actually f*cking love the drama deep down you know. Itís a chaotic sh*tshow supporting this club, itís like climbing in to a barrel and chucking yourself down Niagra Falls again and again. Any time we come close to a good thing it gets ripped away. No manager, loads of players out of contract, seemingly impossible odds once againÖload me in that barrel guv and letís go again.
HaHa! brilliant, I'm with you all the way, you've summed it up beautifully
It's that adrenaline rush as you go over the top. You can't beat it. But a great feeling once you get to the bottom and float along again. Let's hope we don't hit the rocks.
Old Today, 11:36 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Guessing he saw the transfer budget for next season.
I'm not sure that was the issue, according to Fifield our sporting department were already discussing transfer targets.

More likely is he's got an offer for another job, his agent has been told by clubs with managers on thin ice like Arsenal to expect a call if things don't go well or his agent has persuaded him to wait for a bigger club.