Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-08-2020, 09:25 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nah
Another season of boring, negative, anti football
Which will end with relegation
I think bottom by quite a long way sadly.
Old 14-08-2020, 09:42 AM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the end of the season I put a small wager on with a couple of mates on our net spend. I was Captain Positive with £30m, with the other two less so with £20m and £10m. I'm still confident that I'll win the money.

If only we could shift Sakho and Meyer. I can't help but feel it might be worth losing a bit just to clear the wages and add a couple less likely to be injured/be a liability, or make a real impact in the squad.

Selling Meyer... if we were to do so, I take it we have to pay the remainder of whatever bonuses remain? I guess we should still be able to get somewhere in the region of £3/5m after paying that off. Newcastle haven't taken up the buy clause for Benteleb, he hasn't set the world on fire tbf, but there's still a good player in there and he returned after a long spell out. Istill reckon he'd have more impact on the game than Meyer has. Wage dependant I suppose.

I posted the Meyer business here so people didn't get excited.
Old 14-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
At the end of the season I put a small wager on with a couple of mates on our net spend. I was Captain Positive with £30m, with the other two less so with £20m and £10m. I'm still confident that I'll win the money.

If only we could shift Sakho and Meyer. I can't help but feel it might be worth losing a bit just to clear the wages and add a couple less likely to be injured/be a liability, or make a real impact in the squad.

Selling Meyer... if we were to do so, I take it we have to pay the remainder of whatever bonuses remain? I guess we should still be able to get somewhere in the region of £3/5m after paying that off. Newcastle haven't taken up the buy clause for Benteleb, he hasn't set the world on fire tbf, but there's still a good player in there and he returned after a long spell out. Istill reckon he'd have more impact on the game than Meyer has. Wage dependant I suppose.

I posted the Meyer business here so people didn't get excited.
Bloody hell, I wouldnt call £30m a small wager
Old 14-08-2020, 12:09 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
We took the profit from the sale of AWB in the 2018/19 accounts so their figures are incorrect.
You couldn't have read to the end.

This shows why the club had to sell either Aaron Wan-Bissaka or Zaha in the summer as their finances needed a boost and explains why the majority of the sale to Manchester United hasn’t been reinvested. The sale of Wan-Bissaka for £50m will be realised as all profit next year which will swing Crystal Palace back to a profit if they have a similar season to the last two.

A strong start to the season and the sale of Wan-Bissaka suggest that Crystal Palace may once again be profitable in 2020.
Old 14-08-2020, 12:24 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Nah
Another season of boring, negative, anti football
Which will end with relegation
I think bottom by quite a long way sadly.
Unless we buy 3 or 4 quality forwards this is where we're heading. If we just bring in another defensive mid and another loanee striker its nailed on.
Old 14-08-2020, 01:27 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Unless we buy 3 or 4 quality forwards this is where we're heading. If we just bring in another defensive mid and another loanee striker its nailed on.
Yep
Old 14-08-2020, 01:34 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
We will get more than 42 points next season.... anyone that says different is wrong
Old 14-08-2020, 01:53 PM
AMAZE(ing) ???

Tripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTripod 10 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Bloody hell, I wouldnt call £30m a small wager
Old 16-08-2020, 04:13 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
Suspended forever is it ?
It only relates to clubs playing in the Champions League and Europa League.

Financials for 2020 will be rolled over into 2021 and owners will be able to fund losses caused by COVID-19. It is not an open season to spend as much as clubs like.

I am not aware that the PL has made any announcements on their own FFP rules.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 16-08-2020, 04:36 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
SwissRamble has estimated that Palace will receive £115.6m from the PL TV monies for last season, a small increase of £1.4m.

If we had remained in 9th, where we were after the Bournemouth game, we would have earned an extra c£16m.

Old 16-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
It only relates to clubs playing in the Champions League and Europa League.

Financials for 2020 will be rolled over into 2021 and owners will be able to fund losses caused by COVID-19. It is not an open season to spend as much as clubs like.

I am not aware that the PL has made any announcements on their own FFP rules.
I think, IIRC, that they binned STCC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 16-08-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
I think, IIRC, that they binned STCC.
Correct, that was last season.

Old 16-08-2020, 11:18 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
We will get more than 42 points next season.... anyone that says different is wrong
Last 2 seasons I would agree with this. But losing Wilf which I believe will happen. Plus not strengthening attack properly ( 2 quality players who have to be successful) and a run of injuries like we’ve had this year again. We’re below 40 points for me and I assure you and those who know me on here. Never this negative.