Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-01-2022, 01:23 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First parkrun in 6 weeks for me this morning,i had a bit of injury which going hard aggravated so done a few volunteer spots in between.
Horrible weather with wind and rain so was glad to be running rather than volunteering today! I didn't intend going too fast and hoped i could hold myself back a little,but at same time wanted to get back to running reasonable times so hoped for about 22.5 minutes once i realised how wet the grass bit was i thought 23minutes would be fine. In the first 10 from start and managed to settle on the shoulder of someone who was running a decent pace that felt comfortable. I passed him after about 2 and a bit miles as i think he had slowed slightly and i then got passed by someone else late on. Very happy to be back in top 10 (9th) and really pleased with time under 22 minutes and just 70 seconds of my Pb which amazed me considering the conditions.

Last edited by ob13; 08-01-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:21 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Good to have you back Tomo. New year, new running adventures.

One of my friends I got into running reached his 50 milestone on Saturday at park run and before me! He hates running too but appreciates the benefits of it. Very proud of him sticking with it

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 10-01-2022, 01:08 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Cheers my man.

Didn't get out this weekend, but going to try and 7-8k at lunch.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:15 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did another 2 miles in a fairly slow and steady 23 mins yesterday, 3 mins walk warmup, then alternating 2 and half mins medium pace followed by a minute walking - really easing back into it and no plans to go beyond two easy runs a week for the rest of January at present. Had planned to go a little further but started really feeling like I was cramping up and lots of feeling pain/tightness in my left calf so didn't want to risk it (nothing in my other leg at all and had walked 7 miles on Sunday also). Not sure if just-getting-back-into things pain, a lack of warm up or linked to the ankle/foot issues I've had in that leg. Feels less achey today but still sore so hopefully the first. Seeing the physio again tomorrow so will mention it.

Last edited by Webb; 11-01-2022 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:25 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Did another 2 miles in a fairly slow and steady 23 mins yesterday, 3 mins walk warmup, then alternating 2 and half mins medium pace followed by a minute walking - really easing back into it and no plans to go beyond two easy runs a week for the rest of January at present. Had planned to go a little further but started really feeling like I was cramping up and lots of feeling pain/tightness in my left calf so didn't want to risk it (nothing in my other leg at all and had walked 7 miles on Sunday also). Not sure if just-getting-back-into things pain, a lack of warm up or linked to the ankle/foot issues I've had in that leg. Feels less achey today but still sore so hopefully the first. Seeing the physio again tomorrow so will mention it.
When i started a year ago i was in terrible shape and had all sorts of pain and tightness etc when and after running,its probably pretty normal?
I was given a lot of help from a friend who was a massage therapist and acupuncturist but as well as the treatment she also gave me moral encouragement and the confidence that i wasn't doing any harm.Great that you are seeing physio hopefully they can give you the reassurance/guidance you need.
Old 13-01-2022, 12:15 PM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob13 View Post
When i started a year ago i was in terrible shape and had all sorts of pain and tightness etc when and after running,its probably pretty normal?
I was given a lot of help from a friend who was a massage therapist and acupuncturist but as well as the treatment she also gave me moral encouragement and the confidence that i wasn't doing any harm.Great that you are seeing physio hopefully they can give you the reassurance/guidance you need.
It's all linked to the sinus tarsi issue in my ankle I suspect, rather than my horrendous lack of fitness. Got a personalised insole yesterday for the first time (a mini orthopaedic wedge to slightly raise the outside rear of my foot, rather than full, very rigid insoles my previous physio had said to use, and made the problem worse, not better). The physio I saw yesterday is a new one, didn't seem too concerned, but offered a different opinion/alternative range of exercises to the previous one. Just a question of building up the strength again I think. Will have a few more days rest (it's still quite sore even today) and pick up the running again on Monday I think.

Last edited by Webb; 13-01-2022 at 12:18 PM.
Old 13-01-2022, 04:45 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
4 runs in 4 days of 5k or more. Went on the downs, which is lovely, but even in my trails it's still a bit slippy and doesn't do my hip/groin many favours.
Also got booby trapped and ended up in an ankle deep frozen puddle with just over a kilometre left which was horrid.
Legs feeling quite heavy, so tomorrow will do a work out and a lot of leg exerces. Rest Saturday and then a short run Sunday and then try and pick it up for Monday.
Old 14-01-2022, 04:51 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Nice one Tomo. Recovery days are as good as the running. Golf for me tomorrow and then a bike ride on Sunday. Then a full day off on Monday before I get back to it 4 days straight. Don't really do exercises as such but foam roll a lot.

It's been perfect weather for running all week with not a cloud in the sky. Really enjoyed it and felt at peace with myself.

Old 14-01-2022, 04:57 PM

Steve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Couple of runs for me this week, a 5k and 3.5k - lovely sunshine, clear skies and pleasant (cool but not too cold) temperature. Building up to the 10k London Winter Run in mid-February, anyone else doing that?
Old 14-01-2022, 07:20 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
I did parkruns on Christmas Day and New Years Day.

Both slower than previously, but there were 360+ people in Hogmoor Inclosure on Christmas Day (cf. 240 on a usual week).

Building up to a pre-Millwall run this Saturday!
Back in the right direction with another PB pre-Millwall.

Wonder what I can do tomorrow, post Br*ghton?
Old 14-01-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Back in the right direction with another PB pre-Millwall.

Wonder what I can do tomorrow, post Br*ghton?
Nice Not expecting or really going for a PB tomorrow but have got some new trail shoes for better grip so might not be too far off!
Old 14-01-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybot View Post
then a bike ride on Sunday.
I have started riding a road bike recently and tonight completed a quick 5.7 mile ride after work,probably my 4th ride on a road bike in 30 years!
Not sure how slow i would be on the bike bit but i am very much considering having a crack at the chilly duathlon at castle combe next month. 5k run then 7 laps of combe on bike (20k) then lil 3k run to finish. Anyone else that rides as well as running fancy jumping on the M4 and joining me?
Old 14-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nice Not expecting or really going for a PB tomorrow but have got some new trail shoes for better grip so might not be too far off!
From what I can see, our PBs are quite a few minutes apart!
Old 16-01-2022, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I have started riding a road bike recently and tonight completed a quick 5.7 mile ride after work,probably my 4th ride on a road bike in 30 years!
Not sure how slow i would be on the bike bit but i am very much considering having a crack at the chilly duathlon at castle combe next month. 5k run then 7 laps of combe on bike (20k) then lil 3k run to finish. Anyone else that rides as well as running fancy jumping on the M4 and joining me?
Iíve only got a single gear bike, which was just used to get down to the shop. Itís not quite as practical in old coulsdon! I have been thinking though of going to Kenley and doing a couple laps on the bike and a couple on foot.
Old 18-01-2022, 01:07 PM

I enjoyed my bike ride yesterday and feel well rested. Eager to get back to running now though. It is gorgeous conditions out there. Will get a 10k in for lunch.

Old 18-01-2022, 04:32 PM

Steve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSteve H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I got out for a nice 6k at lunch, very nice out there today
Old 18-01-2022, 04:39 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Had an amazing sunrise run over Kenley, Coulsdon commons, and Farthing Downs. The moon was full and up even after the sunrise. I was back in before the sun melted the mud back to its winter slop.