Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-01-2018, 12:29 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
if I don't drink for another 20 weeks and lose weight at the same rate, I'll reach my target weight by summer and have time to get beach ready
Like that's going to happen Saxon ....although does make you think. Thankfully I don't need to lose weight but it would certainly be a added bonus to giving your liver a break, saving money AND losing weight in the process.
Old 15-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Had 1 and a half beers on Friday. Had one after a quite brutal day of work. Got home and the missus was out. Felt like I should have had one, but after opening it, I didn’t really fancy it.
Had a few at Palace on Saturday, but once I was home had no appetite to open another one.
Will probably have a dry week and if I don’t do Arsenal, could probably do till next weekend.

I’m then at a wedding and I had to go dry for the last wedding we were at so I’m making up for time.

Lost a couple of Kilo’s this week, but think that was just the excess Christmas weight dropping off!

Well done to all those keeping at it.
Old 16-01-2018, 06:52 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Not had a drink since Friday so day 4 for me

Alas have been hoovering up left over Xmas chocs!

What I'm going to aim to do, wherever possible, is not drink Sunday to Thursday and just stick to a couple on either the Friday or Saturday
Old 16-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
I’m one of those dinasours who has a local and enjoys two or three pints in there most nights with the occasional session at the weekend. Having spent the majority of my adult life drinking in small villages where it was completely normal, it’s a habit I don’t particularly want to stop.

It may well be bad for my physical health but it does my mental well-being no end of good.

The fact that too many people doing dry January could destroy the cash flow of my current local resulting in its closure is quite enough threat to ensure I drink heartily in January and any other month decreed as being alcohol free.

Use it or lose it.
Old 16-01-2018, 07:22 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Not had a drink since 31/12/17. I usually drink Saturdays and one night during the week so not that hard for me really. At Selhurst Saturday I was drinking alcohol free crap while getting endless abuse from my mates.
Saturday is the big one I will be 2/3 of the way there but going to Arsenal early and an away day could be too much.
Old 17-01-2018, 08:50 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
10 days done.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I’m one of those dinasours who has a local and enjoys two or three pints in there most nights with the occasional session at the weekend. Having spent the majority of my adult life drinking in small villages where it was completely normal, it’s a habit I don’t particularly want to stop.

It may well be bad for my physical health but it does my mental well-being no end of good.

The fact that too many people doing dry January could destroy the cash flow of my current local resulting in its closure is quite enough threat to ensure I drink heartily in January and any other month decreed as being alcohol free.

Use it or lose it.
I always resolve to drink plenty in January. It's a miserable month by most peoples standards, so why suffer? Give up in February, which is a shorter month anyway. And once that's over, Spring is just round the corner.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:34 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
I always resolve to drink plenty in January. It's a miserable month by most peoples standards, so why suffer? Give up in February, which is a shorter month anyway. And once that's over, Spring is just round the corner.
This completely, January = cold , dark and a miserable month, why make it more miserable??

Mind you life is too short, enjoy life as it could end any time drinking or no drinking. As long as your not downing a bottle of scotch a day with 20 fags just enjoy moderation.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:23 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Downloaded the dry jan app over the weekend after a recommendation on here - got this yesterday.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Downloaded the dry jan app over the weekend after a recommendation on here - got this yesterday.
The like the 'incredible' results the scientists found. Giving up alcohol shows lower liver fat and cholesterol, weight loss and better glucose levels.

No shit Sherlock
Old 17-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Against EPPP

The Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Addonians came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Haven't had a drink since new years eve, even managed to stay dry at my daughters 18th birthday bash. We usually do this every year and go through to valentines day. I read somewhere that 6 weeks off the booze ( and a healthy diet) will give your liver a clean bill of health.
Old 17-01-2018, 09:41 PM

Had a really strong urge for a beer or 4 tonight. Strange really as I never drink during the week - cracked open a Heineken 0% and feel very fulfilled.
Old 17-01-2018, 10:58 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Had a really strong urge for a beer or 4 tonight. Strange really as I never drink during the week - cracked open a Heineken 0% and feel very fulfilled.
Good stuff Andy. I've just taken apart and replaced my daughters bunk bed with a high sleeper thing and am itching for a can. There's only so many cups of bleeding tea a man can stand. I think i'll try to only drink on nights when Palace sign someone.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Good stuff Andy. I've just taken apart and replaced my daughters bunk bed with a high sleeper thing and am itching for a can. There's only so many cups of bleeding tea a man can stand. I think i'll try to only drink on nights when Palace sign someone.
You’ll be t total then pal !

My 10th dry day in jan - in total, not consecutive

Helped by me being struck down with man flu and missing a work conference which would have been 2 evenings on the sauce. Another dry one tomorrow and then a mates dads funeral on Friday will make up for the 10 dry days in one go

C’est la vie
Old 17-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Thanks Elgs - I drink tea and coffee at work so have no urge to drink in the evenings. Stay strong pal. Hanging in there although like you, doing DIY often gives me the taste for beers. Although itís no a major problem, I normally have a whole fridge full of beer (second fridge) but since NYE I only had one left so didnít bother replenishing. That helps knowing if I had one then I would have none left anyway so instantly puts me off having it. That said I also have a wine chiller that contains about 20 odd bottles or wine and Prosecco but donít have the same desire/urge with that like I do with beer.

Hope youíre feeling better now WP. Good month to get the lurgi when youíre trying to give the booze a swerve
Old 17-01-2018, 11:37 PM

wavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is herewavey Sam the man is here
I started on 1st January and not touched a drop since. Normally have a drink everyday, a glass of wine with dinner maybe unwind with a whisky watching tv or reading. It's been easy really - I just find falling asleep harder.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:41 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Youíll be t total then pal !

My 10th dry day in jan - in total, not consecutive

Helped by me being struck down with man flu and missing a work conference which would have been 2 evenings on the sauce. Another dry one tomorrow and then a mates dads funeral on Friday will make up for the 10 dry days in one go

Cíest la vie
Well it's still a good effort mate.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:43 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Thanks Elgs - I drink tea and coffee at work so have no urge to drink in the evenings. Stay strong pal. Hanging in there although like you, doing DIY often gives me the taste for beers. Although itís no a major problem, I normally have a whole fridge full of beer (second fridge) but since NYE I only had one left so didnít bother replenishing. That helps knowing if I had one then I would have none left anyway so instantly puts me off having it. That said I also have a wine chiller that contains about 20 odd bottles or wine and Prosecco but donít have the same desire/urge with that like I do with beer.

Hope youíre feeling better now WP. Good month to get the lurgi when youíre trying to give the booze a swerve
It felt like about 500 Allen key bolts but was probably only about 100. Am currently drinking a Pepsi and whinging like Dick Dastardly.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-01-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
It felt like about 500 Allen key bolts but was probably only about 100. Am currently drinking a Pepsi and whinging like Dick Dastardly.

Ha - Would have felt like about 20 if youíd have had a few ciders down you
Old 18-01-2018, 12:12 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Ha - Would have felt like about 20 if youíd have had a few ciders down you
Definitely. Mind you at least I didn't have to keep taking bits off because I rushed ahead of the instructions. If i'd have had a couple I would probably have come downstairs halfway through and watched the football instead

Pretty obvious really.