Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-01-2018, 11:24 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Like smoking, I'm convinced most of the time I drink alcohol is habitual because it's "that day or that time." I haven't smokes a cigarette for 5 years this summer, although I do vape still. Cut the routine, cut the habit.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:26 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Just updated my tracker... 2 dry days this year. Maybe I'll from tomorrow
I just looked for a tracker after seeing this post. Not drunk a lot this week as had busy work and exams! Or so I thought..

Over 70 units since jan the 1st and didnít really think Iíd had a drink!

Maybe Iím gonna keep an eye on myself now. Thanks for your minor throwaway comment! Might do me a real favour
Old 10-01-2018, 11:31 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I just looked for a tracker after seeing this post. Not drunk a lot this week as had busy work and exams! Or so I thought..

Over 70 units since jan the 1st and didnít really think Iíd had a drink!

Maybe Iím gonna keep an eye on myself now. Thanks for your minor throwaway comment! Might do me a real favour
What did you put in to get to 70 units since 1st? You're allowed 14 according to NHS aren't you (which seems ridiculously low might I add) per week?
Old 10-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
They need to legalise drugs like marijuana, magic mushrooms, LSD and so on. More variety will discourage the forming of habits around one particular poison.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Or we could help people to not rely on poison for their fun?
Old 10-01-2018, 11:49 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
What did you put in to get to 70 units since 1st? You're allowed 14 according to NHS aren't you (which seems ridiculously low might I add) per week?
Had a few beers and probably a bottle of wine Iíd forgotten about on Monday as I was off and had finished my exams. Then just a few bottles of peroni on a few nights. Put some Baileys in a coffee, couple of glasses of wine with a couple of meals. Had a cocktail when my girlfriend made them before she was going out.. plenty there but only one night registered as a drinking night. Thatís 9 days but a **** tonne more than youíre supposed to have ans less than I would normally have. Iíd usually have two drinky nights!

I always knew I had more to drink than I should which is true of most people.. adding it up has shown how far over the top. Always knew I had too many calories.. adding it up woooooo! Fat boy explained!

I consider myself much less tolerant of drink these days suddenly my 20ís seem insane!
Old 10-01-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
You havenít met drunk bigend... heís ******* hilarious!

Me? Iím boring and canít dance so well
Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Drank quite a lot over the last Christmas/NY period so gonna give the booze a swerve for a few weeks/month.

Never done this before and only drink really at weekends but it's more of the habit you get used to. Cracking open a few beers at the end of the week, Saturday with football, Sunday cooking roast. Crack open a bottle of wine to share with dinner etc..

Anyone else doing this?

Tried a 0% Heineken the other day and tasted quite nice so might buy a few of these although wouldn't generally have more than one, unlike what most would do with beer.
no
Old 10-01-2018, 11:55 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Could try it for a few days I guess
Old 10-01-2018, 12:13 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
I'm not doing dry January specifically but since October I have been drinking less. Partly in an effort to lose weight and feel healthier, partly because being hungover leaves me feeling tired. As others have said, drinking is a habit, one that i have done every friday and saturday for about 25 years. I've stopped going out friday and instead started exercising friday early evening and Saturday morning (gym and padel). If i go out Saturday i have been coming home on the bus which means stopping drinking at 11.30 ish (normally i'd drink till 3am at least). I have never been someone who drinks at home alone so i don't have that issue. I got used to drinking less and doing others things pretty quickly. I have probably cut back my alcohol consumption by 75% and lost a stone and a bit.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Problem with drinking less is that when you do have a drink you tend to lose your ability to overcome a hangover the next day
Old 10-01-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Had a few beers and probably a bottle of wine Iíd forgotten about on Monday as I was off and had finished my exams. Then just a few bottles of peroni on a few nights. Put some Baileys in a coffee, couple of glasses of wine with a couple of meals. Had a cocktail when my girlfriend made them before she was going out.. plenty there but only one night registered as a drinking night. Thatís 9 days but a **** tonne more than youíre supposed to have ans less than I would normally have. Iíd usually have two drinky nights!

I always knew I had more to drink than I should which is true of most people.. adding it up has shown how far over the top. Always knew I had too many calories.. adding it up woooooo! Fat boy explained!

I consider myself much less tolerant of drink these days suddenly my 20ís seem insane!

It is amazing how quickly you build up the units.

Ordinarily I would drink Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights (3/4 beers pre dinner) and 2/3 glasses of wine with/post dinner per night) and none Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Lord knows how much that must be
Old 10-01-2018, 01:45 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It is amazing how quickly you build up the units.

Ordinarily I would drink Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights (3/4 beers pre dinner) and 2/3 glasses of wine with/post dinner per night) and none Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Lord knows how much that must be
A lot of last year I was tracking my alcohol... but then I stopped: I knew I drank too much and didn't need an app to tell me.

I'd regularly have 2/3 beers a night with dinner. Friday maybe a bit more. Weirdly, sport helped as I'd mostly drive, but if I got the train to matches, I'd end up having 3 or 4 just on the train, plus a couple during the match, nap on the way back and then a couple when I got home. On holiday, I'd pretty much drink as soon as I could find a bar that was open and leave the wife to do the sightseeing alone.

And I put a stop to that half way through last year, mostly as an effort to lose weight (which I did even though I put it all on again!). Over Christmas and NY I didn't drink much at all, the most I drank was last Saturday at my kid's birthday party and that was safe in the knowledge I was off it for 3.5wks.

I'm away with one of my buddies at the start of Feb, but I'm hoping we can both be reasonable...
Old 10-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Magic mushrooms and LSD both have a spectacular success rate helping people to overcome tobacco and alcohol addiction: To view the link you have to Register or Login (around 80%).
Old 10-01-2018, 03:16 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought I was mad, but you're even more mad, sunshine!

Have you done this shit before? First time for me. 10 days is probably the longest I've not had a single beer since I was a child .....and there is still 2/3rds to go .

I always had the intention of going to the last weekend of the month so in theory that's the 26th
Try my best mate.

What's this tracker shit? I just haven't been drinking. Yeah, thinking about it 10 days is probably the longest for me too. Makes yer think.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
A lot of last year I was tracking my alcohol... but then I stopped: I knew I drank too much and didn't need an app to tell me.

I'd regularly have 2/3 beers a night with dinner. Friday maybe a bit more. Weirdly, sport helped as I'd mostly drive, but if I got the train to matches, I'd end up having 3 or 4 just on the train, plus a couple during the match, nap on the way back and then a couple when I got home. On holiday, I'd pretty much drink as soon as I could find a bar that was open and leave the wife to do the sightseeing alone.

And I put a stop to that half way through last year, mostly as an effort to lose weight (which I did even though I put it all on again!). Over Christmas and NY I didn't drink much at all, the most I drank was last Saturday at my kid's birthday party and that was safe in the knowledge I was off it for 3.5wks.

I'm away with one of my buddies at the start of Feb, but I'm hoping we can both be reasonable...
Interesting. It is easy for it to go from a couple, to the three, four and so on. Do you now not have the 2/3 beers per night pre/with dinner?

I know that whilst I don't get drunk by any means, The 5/6 drinks I have on those drink nights are too much and often feel jaded the next day, especially on Monday's.

My aim is to knock on the head the Friday drinks night leaving just Saturday and Sunday to enjoy a few. I don't like drinking beer 'with' dinner but then wine goes so well with meals but I drink it like it's beer as I drink quite quickly.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post

What's this tracker shit?
Think you just chuck in what you have had over the last week or so and it tells you how many units you've consumed and the calories in the process.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:28 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Think you just chuck in what you have had over the last week or so and it tells you how many units you've consumed and the calories in the process.
I've had none. Surely it'll be none for everyone, no?

Don't think I looked into this deeply enough.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I've had none. Surely it'll be none for everyone, no?

Don't think I looked into this deeply enough.
Of course - It's for people that aren't doing dry Jan.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:55 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Of course - It's for people that aren't doing dry Jan.
lol

My liver doesnt know what the feck is going on and it controls my brain.

Pretty obvious really.