Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 06-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
You tell me. And when he started. Cheers.
Iíll leave you to do your own work on that one Joe.

Itís almost as daft as asking when Johnson started being one.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:48 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I seem to recall their claim being Corbyn wanted to mainly devote resources to ideological allies, even when it was a safe seat, and they claim they ignored it to make sure at risk marginals got funding, but I canít say Iíve seen evidence either way.

Still. No question in 2019 it was all Corbyn and coís campaign decisions. Went well.
Youíve got it totally wrong. Staffers wanted, and did, put the money in to safe seats, as they wanted to shore up what that thought would be a big loss. When money should have gone to marginals.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:50 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Oh what a surprise this has surfaced this week. The well honed Tory tactics. Nice to see you peddling the lies though cockney. Bet youíre salivating at the prospect of the Tories taking Hartlepool.
No itís been Muslim organisations who are raising this, not tories.

No I would never want a Tory win, but I find it grim that a leader like Starmer who offers so little change doesnít even manage therefore to be electorally popular.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Apart from someone who is actually causally racist. And not because that person isnít actually casually racist (because if you and I or someone not in the left had come out with the stuff that that person had come out with weíd be covered in the spittle from the diatribe that would have followed).
Says the person ranting away...
Old 06-05-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
It does not it highlights it as a post liked by the CEO Omar Salah.. Along with a number of others. The posts were by groups which have a dubious history and in cases links to Hamas. If it was the only example you could argue the point. The article covers a number of others not related to dates. However the bastion of impartiality the Middle East Eye puts dates as the reason. I posted the JC article to let others draw their own conclusion.
Its to me a continuation of the Corbynites Social Media playbook. Which you seem to follow. Blair is a racist started being used by you at the time Corbyns own racism came to the fore.. We had the long post of example after example covering Blair Jack Straw Tom Watson New Labour. Pretty sure that this was a copy and paste job not original.
Now Corbyn is gone we have Starmer is a racist and no doubt this will go on repeat. Forget he is working and still is working with the LMN following their report. It will be used in an attempt to wrestle back control of the Labour Party. None of which helps anyone that actually needs a Labour government or wider an opposition to a one party state.
But further your posts border to me the propaganda techniques of other extreme political parties. Repeat a lie often enough it will be believed. Blair is a racist repeat New Labour was racist. Starmer is a racist. It goes on no evidence just words. The same technique you use with me in my case Pinochet and the economics of Chile. I am vile for posting it I support the terrible things that happened in Chile. Clearly not its still repeated repeat a lie often enough.
Yesterday though we saw the hypocrisy of your posts. My issue with you is from being a poster who had views I had disagreement with but could debate. You have become one who is happy to post nothing short of propaganda take the date article and defend it to the hilt.
Why would it bother highlighting it if the article didnít think it was an issue. Donít be silly. And yes Blairís policies were racist, his government started the hostile environment policy. And yes you did say Pinochet saved Chile. Squirming around finding excuses with your usual incomprehensible word salad doesnít change that.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 43% (-1)
LAB: 33% (-)

via
@YouGov
, 04 - 05 May
Chgs. w/ 28 Apr
So a year on labour polling almost identically to 2019 election.

Vaccine bounce, no one bothered about sleaze and 100,000 deaths, it’s corbyns fault, it’s Michael Foots fault, forensic, blah, blah.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:10 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
The white working class know who hates them the most .. also many Asian Brits hold conservative views.
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 06-05-2021, 10:12 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Let's face it......
Old 06-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post

Vaccine bounce, no one bothered about sleaze and 100,000 deaths, itís corbyns fault, itís Michael Foots fault, forensic, blah, blah.
I thought it would be Blairís fault
Old 06-05-2021, 10:17 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why would it bother highlighting it if the article didnít think it was an issue. Donít be silly. And yes Blairís policies were racist, his government started the hostile environment policy. And yes you did say Pinochet saved Chile. Squirming around finding excuses with your usual incomprehensible word salad doesnít change that.
I gave you the clue in the original post the Friends of Al Asqa. You obviously did not look them up. Using the Dates and BDS hides what the concern was. The article list a number of other examples none of which make the Middle East Eye. Its propoganda simple enough to understand if you bothered to read.

As for the rest repeat a lie often enough
Old 06-05-2021, 10:20 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:

Vaccine bounce, no one bothered about sleaze and 100,000 deaths, itís corbyns fault, itís Michael Foots fault, forensic, blah, blah.
CR, you are still in denial. This is not about the Labour party leadership in today's politics. It is about the positive feelings that many out there now feel as the virus fades away and the prospect of the pubs opening on the 17th. No opposition can or would oppose that, and enough of the electorate under these special circumstances are willing to turn a blind eye to sleaze.

Incumbent governments eventually lose an election, as has happened quite a few times before, and Starmer or any other leader in opposition at the time, doesn't necessarily have to win it.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I thought it would be Blairís fault
Funnily enough I don't blame Blair for Corbyn's defeat, just like Starmer's failure (if it continues), isn't the fault of anyone but himself either.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
I gave you the clue in the original post the Friends of Al Asqa. You obviously did not look them up. Using the Dates and BDS hides what the concern was. The article list a number of other examples none of which make the Middle East Eye. Its propoganda simple enough to understand if you bothered to read.

As for the rest repeat a lie often enough
As I said why mention the dates and BDS at all then if it was an irrelevance. Makes no sense. Like your posts.

Yes repeating things you actually said, and what the Blair government actually did, is a lie. You can't be helped. I look forward to another word salad of a post in response.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
CR, you are still in denial. This is not about the Labour party leadership in today's politics. It is about the positive feelings that many out there now feel as the virus fades away and the prospect of the pubs opening on the 17th. No opposition can or would oppose that, and enough of the electorate under these special circumstances are willing to turn a blind eye to sleaze.

Incumbent governments eventually lose an election, as has happened quite a few times before, and Starmer or any other leader in opposition at the time, doesn't necessarily have to win it.
On the last bit I actually agree. Those who have written Labour off are totally wrong. Governments that have been in power for a long time always lose eventually as people get fed up with them. And there is no alternative to Labour, it's not like Syriza in Greece.

I even think that come the next election Starmer might still win. He has a fairly united PLP, and a media that isn't that hostile. My big concern is less his electablity (although I am surprised the polls are this bad), it's more that he will do very little to change things. Then we will go back to the flip flop of Tories, back to Labour governments that don't change much of the fundamentals (and make some things worse), back to the Tories etc
Old 06-05-2021, 10:48 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Says the person ranting away...
what are you ranting on about?

SaulAlinsky
Old 06-05-2021, 11:12 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I seem to recall their claim being Corbyn wanted to mainly devote resources to ideological allies, even when it was a safe seat, and they claim they ignored it to make sure at risk marginals got funding, but I canít say Iíve seen evidence either way.

Still. No question in 2019 it was all Corbyn and coís campaign decisions. Went well.
I'm not sure how it could have gone well. I thought Corbyn ran a very poor campaign but nobody has suggested a strategy that would have stopped a Tory majority. And 18 months on, no one is doing that now either.
Old 06-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
On the last bit I actually agree. Those who have written Labour off are totally wrong. Governments that have been in power for a long time always lose eventually as people get fed up with them. And there is no alternative to Labour, it's not like Syriza in Greece.

I even think that come the next election Starmer might still win. He has a fairly united PLP, and a media that isn't that hostile. My big concern is less his electablity (although I am surprised the polls are this bad), it's more that he will do very little to change things. Then we will go back to the flip flop of Tories, back to Labour governments that don't change much of the fundamentals (and make some things worse), back to the Tories etc
For a long time the polls were looking pretty positive. I guess it really depends on, if in 6 months time, once the vaccine bounce etc has worn off, if he, and Labour, can make more in-roads.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:08 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I'm not sure how it could have gone well. I thought Corbyn ran a very poor campaign but nobody has suggested a strategy that would have stopped a Tory majority. And 18 months on, no one is doing that now either.
An electoral pact could potentially have stopped a Tory majority. The Tories had an, in effect, semi electoral pact with the Brexit Party which meant they were not in any threat in a number of Tory seats that might otherwise have been marginal.

If you wanted to stop a Tory majority then the only real counter was for it to be a two horse race in seats. It’s a FPTP system after all. And in a FPTP system, when one side has a massive coalition, the only way to beat that is to form your own massive coalition.

Labour couldn’t do it on their own (I.e. they couldn’t persuade their leave voters to support their position. In the way the Tories were able to keep their remain supporters with them, and Labour couldn’t persuade other remain supporters to vote for their position) so given that failure by the Labour Party the only way was a formal electoral pact with other remain supporting parties.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:23 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
An electoral pact could potentially have stopped a Tory majority. The Tories had an, in effect, semi electoral pact with the Brexit Party which meant they were not in any threat in a number of Tory seats that might otherwise have been marginal.

If you wanted to stop a Tory majority then the only real counter was for it to be a two horse race in seats. Itís a FPTP system after all. And in a FPTP system, when one side has a massive coalition, the only way to beat that is to form your own massive coalition.

Labour couldnít do it on their own (I.e. they couldnít persuade their leave voters to support their position. In the way the Tories were able to keep their remain supporters with them, and Labour couldnít persuade other remain supporters to vote for their position) so given that failure by the Labour Party the only way was a formal electoral pact with other remain supporting parties.
But was that possible? Other than Brexit, the Lib Dems were closer to the Tories than they were to Labour, and they showed very little sign of trying to work with Labour to stop Brexit. Granted, Labour didn't either, but Labour had nearly 20 times more MPs.
Old 06-05-2021, 12:30 PM

I think the chances of an electoral pact were zero.

I think it's very telling about Starmer, that more than year after his leadership has started, Corbyn is still being talked about so much. If he had made any headway that wouldn't be the case.