Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-02-2007, 12:24 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyStreet
I've got me own software Tomo - GarageBand is pretty good in terms of entry level software from what I've heard.

Sorry Mellers. The only problem is that Apple bought out eMagic meaning that Logic, which is one of the better pieces of music software out there, is now solely available on the Mac platform. I would quite like to learn Logic, thus why I'm considering a MacBook.

I'm not the sexiest male on the BBS either. That's Tomo.
As I said it is something I am not an expert in but just wanted to record a couple bits I had done on my guitar and it worked a treat. However you will be far more advanced than me because you are probably the greatest male in the world
Old 14-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
With different actors. Mitchell and Webb were def a touch miscast for the UK version, as the dynamic of their act is that geeky Mitchell (PC) is a bit of misunderstood hero and Webb (Mac) is a preening failed poseur with little substance, no?
Perhaps, I think it's good, very clever
Old 14-02-2007, 01:12 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bag
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomo
He still is

He is also probably the sexiest male on the BBS
Proof that using a Mac turns you gay!!!

Old 14-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody

I fell in love with Streety when I was using Windows.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:18 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
MacStar??
Old 14-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Picture Perfect

Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Aigle will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
I built my first four windows PCs and thoroughly enjoyed allthe tinkering about, changing sound & video cards, upgrading RAM, clocking the chip, flashing the bios etc. I got a real sense of acheivement from it. OK so the rotten things crashed all the time, particularly when you added some new hardware but they did what I wanted most of the time.

Then I had to change over to Mac in 2001 because the high-end digital camera I bought would only work with Mac and at first I found it a bit of a pain (Mac 9.2) then with the advent of OSX it all changed. Everything is so less complicated.

Things just work on a Mac.

Yes they are beautifully designed but that is the last thing I want when I am looking for a computer. I want it fast, to last for a long time (I had my last Powerbook over 6 years and it still runs all the programs that my new one does, if a bit slower, I don't know any PC notebooks than do that!) not have any viruses, have an integrated firewall and run all the software that I need without crashing, hanging or blue screens. My Mac does all that.

I think it is rather like cars. I have a 1966 Sunbeam Alpine series 5 sports car which I love. I tinker and fiddle with it and take it out at weekends for a spin but day to day I want a completely reliable car that fulfills all the functions I need, so I have a Renault Espace.

I think it is nearly as beautifully designed as the Mac Powerbook Pro - but I bought it 'cause it works.
Old 14-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
plenty of people use pcs for years then convert to macs when they realise how much more efficient and user-friendly they are.

i suspect it rarely happens the other way.

says it all really. if macs were as cheap as pcs everyone would use 'em
Old 14-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
plenty of people use pcs for years then convert to macs when they realise how much more efficient and user-friendly they are.
Macs are PCs, there is no difference.

What you are saying is that OSX is better than windows.

Quote:
says it all really. if macs were as cheap as pcs everyone would use 'em
I doubt that. Apple computers aren't that more expensive, in fact in many scenarios they can work out cheaper.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Macs are PCs, there is no difference.

What you are saying is that OSX is better than windows.

essentially yeah

I doubt that. Apple computers aren't that more expensive, in fact in many scenarios they can work out cheaper.
essentially, maybe
Old 14-02-2007, 05:40 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
in many scenarios they can work out cheaper.
They do when you get a big student discount
Old 14-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
Precisely my point.

I didn't know they used different people in the States - any idea who?
Google says these blokes

Who were by the looks of it cast seperately for the roles, and it's gone down very well over there. Using an established double-act for our version seems like a lazy celeb-endorsement thing to me and it has backfired on them a bit judging by the media coverage of the campaign. But the concept is a good 'un, and I think it'll work well on the target audience of average home users who aren't likely to pick apart the characters and the claims they make. Does seem odd to embrace the image of macs being a bit of a poncy trendster thing though, could alienate people.
Old 14-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody

isn't it really a bit 'gay' to be bothered about what computers other people might use.
Old 14-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by EdMan
isn't it really a bit 'gay' to be bothered about what computers other people might use.
Precisely. He hates Macs but has posted more than anyone on this thread.

You can sense a real desperation about his hatred. I wonder what is behind this axe he grinds?

There is obviously something missing when people go around criticizing other's choice of computer.

It's also incredibly sad.
Old 14-02-2007, 07:01 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bagJames Melody has got sunshine in a bag
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Precisely. He hates Macs but has posted more than anyone on this thread.

Apart from Fang - typical sloppy use of facts from a Mac botherer.
Old 14-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
You've posted a lot more than Fang - HTH.

I see Adler backs you; I have more to do than count but I guess Fang's variety as opposed to constant stream of shit makes his count seem lower.

He's also a Mac owner so de facto entitled to a high count on this thread.

Last edited by Brett; 14-02-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 14-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I think Fang has it by one post though if melody replies it will tie it up.

Despite that he has gone off one one against Macs whereas the first post clearly says please don't do this - so he is either very rude, very stupid, or both.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-02-2007, 07:56 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
both
Old 14-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
........(ahem)...Can anyone confirm whether Leopard will run on both G4 and Duo Core II Macs? I Thank you.....(closes door and leaves quietly)
Old 14-02-2007, 08:48 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I hope so fang, otherwise my new iMac might have to come soon than expected yep just read in a few places it will
Old 14-02-2007, 08:52 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I take it no-one has a more definite date for Leopard than Spring 07 as I won't be joining the massed ranks of Mac owners until it is released (and I'm starting to get quite impatient)