Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-11-2002, 04:32 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I must admit that ''Howdy'' was a bit more of an immediate like for me than say ''Grand Prix'' or ''Thirteen'', but both are fine albums given a few listens.
Did'nt a couple of the band members used to be in the BMX Bandits?
Where I can't be seen, I don't wanna be free
Old 19-11-2002, 04:35 PM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
Quote:
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
I must admit that ''Howdy'' was a bit more of an immediate like for me than say ''Grand Prix'' or ''Thirteen'', but both are fine albums given a few listens.
I think so. Not to sure. BMX Bandits were a good band too. I also like Big Star. A Huge influence on TFC. I love all that harmoney stuff!
Old 19-11-2002, 04:38 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Moontoad, have you heard "Bob Dylan Blues" yet? One of the most damning songs about Bob Dylan I've ever heard. No wonder it took 30 years to hit the streets! It's just so un-Barrett!
Old 19-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
PK,
I'm ashamed to say that I've yet to hear it, mainly because it was on that 'best of album' released last year and I obviously had most of the tracks on ''Madcap'' and ''Barrett''.
Weak excuse I know, will try and download it from Kazaa or Audiogalaxy or failing that buy the album!
Where I can't be seen, I don't wanna be free
Old 19-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Moontoad, I downloaded it from WinMX - I have Barrett, Madcap and Opel already too!
Old 19-11-2002, 06:00 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by E.X Moontoad
Howdy is probably the most consistent album. Both Bandwagonesque and Thirteen sound a bit contrived now. There are better songs on Grand Prix (Neil Jung, Sparkys Dream) and Songs From Northern Britain (Ain't that enough, I don't want control of you), but Howdy is good more or less all the way through. If you like the Fannies, check out Velvet Crush.

This morning I blew away the cobwebs with Andrew WK's I Get Wet - glam terrace anthems transported to contemporary America. Great Fun. On the way home it will be Yoshimi.
Old 19-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
Good morning Gooders, and thank you for your kind words.

Bear with me everybody, as I am admittedly suffering what appears to be a rather serious ailment, but I just can't shake it: I still like the RW album. The alcohol consumed last night may well have contributed to my somewhat over-zealous assessment last night, but the ugly truth remains.

Perhaps I'll put some Hendrix on to re-establish my link with reality...
Put on a bit of Steps, that'll wake you up in the morning
Old 19-11-2002, 06:28 PM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Polyphonic Spree

baloo, you genius, what do you reckon ?

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 19-11-2002, 06:36 PM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
...my boss on the phone..

I'm still at work at 18.35...
Old 19-11-2002, 07:46 PM

a.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsa.stew is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
beastie boys: hello nasty
body movin
Old 19-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Polyphonic Spree

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
baloo, you genius, what do you reckon ?
Genius? Not sure how I've deserved that, but thank you anyway.

I've only heard the single from Polyphic Spree, and whilst it was very pleasant, it didn't jump out at me as warranting purchasing the album. It sounded a bit "happy", if you know what I mean.

You will probably all be pleased to know that I am currently listening to Mansun's Six album, which is still fecking excellent.
Old 19-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
i'm babysitting at the moment so have sky music channels on

So i'm listening to Avril Lavigne:Complicated
Old 19-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wonder whether any posters on this thread know where the best indie night in London will be found on a Saturday night?

I went to Kaleidascope about a month ago (in one of the Kings College union buildings) but thought it was a bit naff, so wondered whether there is anywhere better?

And if so, if anyone fancies joining me for a night out on Saturday, they're more than welcome.
Old 20-11-2002, 12:13 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Re: Re: Polyphonic Spree

Quote:
Genius? Not sure how I've deserved that, but thank you anyway.

I've only heard the single from Polyphic Spree, and whilst it was very pleasant, it didn't jump out at me as warranting purchasing the album. It sounded a bit "happy", if you know what I mean.

You will probably all be pleased to know that I am currently listening to Mansun's Six album, which is still fecking excellent.
i found the spree very mercury revesque (ie annoyingly effectual)...as for an indie night, would be up for it, alas getting a little old for it these days.
maybe pete eagle could forward me an advance on those 5 beers !

happy birthday by the way.

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 20-11-2002, 06:10 PM
Songs For The Road

Re: Re: Re: Polyphonic Spree

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
i found the spree very mercury revesque (ie annoyingly effectual)...as for an indie night, would be up for it, alas getting a little old for it these days.
maybe pete eagle could forward me an advance on those 5 beers !

happy birthday by the way.

Aki's getting the eye for goal mate. That'll be 5 drinks for me. Although they'll be cheaper for you

As for my listening

Pink - Family Portrait. Great song with a great video as well
Eminem - Lose Yourself (not normally an eminem fan, but this track is catchy)
Coldplay - The Scientist
Daniel Beddingfield - If You're Not The One (how he gets so high i have no idea)
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
James - Sit Down
Old 20-11-2002, 07:41 PM
_

candide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
everyone else left work four hours ago so the music on a bit loud now...

and just when i cranked it up a bit more, sugar spun sister and i am the resurrection came on. may i just say:

add me to the list of stone roses fans on here - i almost feel like jumping around....
Old 20-11-2002, 09:46 PM
Magnificent moustache

the elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe elusive k came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jeff Buckley - Grace (last night)
Metallica - ...And Justice For All (tonight)
Old 20-11-2002, 10:30 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Chocky- Text message to Chickus

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 21-11-2002, 08:54 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Polyphonic Spree

Quote:

Spooky. I dug that out again this morning and it kept me entertained during my 1 hour M25 traffic jam. In fact, it's Mansun day in the Goodersmobile today - all 3 albums loaded up.

Isn't it time they released some new stuff?
Old 21-11-2002, 09:16 AM

Lord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a heroLord_Muffin take a walk Billy, don't be a hero
Green Day - Dookie