Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Westworld

Anyone caught this yet? 2 episodes in and I am hooked! Brilliant television.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:19 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
I thought it was very good. Looking forward to watching episode 2 tmrw.

I loved the fact that we were made to relate to James Marsden until we found out otherwise.

Can't go wrong with Ed Harris.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:55 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
I have no idea what's going on. I had to turn off halfway through the first one because it was doing my head in. Then carried on and I still hadn't a clue.

So far its Groundhog Day with blood and guts and gore and robots.

Utter mental shite so far. Must give it some more time though.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:08 PM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I have no idea what's going on. I had to turn off halfway through the first one because it was doing my head in. Then carried on and I still hadn't a clue.

When you strip it down to it's core, it'll be similar themes explored in AI and I, Robot, and stuff based around Asimov's writings. Or it seems that way so far.

Haven't read the book nor seen the movie though. Not sure how much they'll adapt and change.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post

totally my experience too Chocks.
Will give episode 1 another go minus the booze.

PS you forgot boobs.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
You can't beat the Yul.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:08 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So glad there is a thread on this ....amazing tv series so far and just for the record to help previous posters and anyone new to the program i havn't a clue whats going on either. However i did read this which with only two episodes so far is not really a spoiler.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Great comparisons to Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:36 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
When you strip it down to it's core, it'll be similar themes explored in AI and I, Robot, and stuff based around Asimov's writings. Or it seems that way so far.

Haven't read the book nor seen the movie though. Not sure how much they'll adapt and change.

You mean themes widely explored before?

Not that revisiting old themes is necessarily a bad thing but when you have such a seminal piece of work such as blade runner you need to bring your a game to the party.

I've only watched episode 1 as that's all that's available to me so far.

I'm reserving judgment but there are a few cool things.

Ed Harris is amazing. One of the great actors. A History of violence is one of my favourite movies ever.

The bot glitches are well done and the way they respond to natural language commands is nice "access your previous configuration".

The way that Westworld itself is obviously fake, a mirage compared to the real world is clever (the world is obviously fake but the bots less so).

But some of the casting is taking some getting used to. Hopkins is hamming it up something rotten. I guess they brought him in to add gravitas and depth for the American audiences - bit like Dickie in Jurassic Park, but it's a bit clichè for me.

And Jeffrey Wright as the chief programmer is not working but I think that's maybe intentional and his character will develop.

Will stick with it.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:49 AM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched the second episode yesterday and completely agree with the OP. Am hooked - such a good TV show.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You mean themes widely explored before?

Not that revisiting old themes is necessarily a bad thing but when you have such a seminal piece of work such as blade runner you need to bring your a game to the party.

I've only watched episode 1 as that's all that's available to me so far.

I'm reserving judgment but there are a few cool things.

Ed Harris is amazing. One of the great actors. A History of violence is one of my favourite movies ever.

The bot glitches are well done and the way they respond to natural language commands is nice "access your previous configuration".

The way that Westworld itself is obviously fake, a mirage compared to the real world is clever (the world is obviously fake but the bots less so).

But some of the casting is taking some getting used to. Hopkins is hamming it up something rotten. I guess they brought him in to add gravitas and depth for the American audiences - bit like Dickie in Jurassic Park, but it's a bit clichè for me.

And Jeffrey Wright as the chief programmer is not working but I think that's maybe intentional and his character will develop.

Will stick with it.
I'm hoping it'll be more Blade Runner than Short Circuit.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Asbo

Pubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brilliant show already. Great stuff and Ed Harris good as always.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
I'm hoping it'll be more Blade Runner than Short Circuit.
It's such a well trodden path, battlestar galactica really nailed it in the 2004 series.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Got it recorded will watch when I manage to get access to the TV. Mrs Skint at work Friday maybe then.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:09 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
I had Sonic Boom Boy on 12 inch. Doesn't contribute much to the discussion but it's a weight off my chest nonetheless.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think I actually bought the album.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:21 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was always going to like this as it is right up my street, but i think it is excellent nonetheless.

Original film is one of my favourites. Love "futuristic" sci-fi from the 80s and earlier.
Old 14-10-2016, 12:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think I actually bought the album.
Kirk used to work in a shop in Kensington Market. Nice bloke.

Old 14-10-2016, 12:35 PM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Gave up after 30 minutes. Sci-fi bollocks.
Old 14-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

I'm confused by the ed harris character :/
Old 14-10-2016, 12:49 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
2nd episode much better than the first. I honestly would not be surprised if video games in 20-30 years time somewhat resemble this. Not sure if the park is real or enhanced from VR type illusion. One of the 'humans' is going to turn out to be a robot I reckon Bernard the black engineer dude. The Ed Harris looking for the maze subplot is the most interesting.

Can it last for more than one season? I assume the endgame is the robots going mental and turning on the guests, where do you go from there?