Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Any relation to Super Ol, the Charlton season review compiler?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 18-02-2019, 02:16 PM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by super al View Post
Flippin' eck, hello mate! Hope you're well - I remember us going to Jim Cannon's 2nd testimonial back in about 1988! Steve Coppell came on as a sub with a Brazilian name - remember?
Yes mate I do remember it well it was a 3 3 against spurs if Iím not mistaken Iím good mate did Steve coppell play for a few minutes aswell
Old 18-02-2019, 04:20 PM

super al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Any relation to Super Ol, the Charlton season review compiler?
Not that I know of, Dorking! I'd like to think my association with all things Charlton are minimal.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:28 AM

super al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuper al : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Morning all

Been a busy couple of weeks researching and chatting to the players about the film and they all speak very fondly of Solly's cafe (Now the Jerk Chicken next to the petrol garage on Whitehorse Lane) and what a gent Solly was. They've got some great stories but I need to illustrate it in some way - any BBS'ers got any personal photos either of the exterior or interior? I know a lot of fans used to go in there all the time.

Also - any photos from the Burnley or Ipswich game you might want to share? I'd love to illustrate those matches from the fans perspective.

Cheers
Al
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I always remember it in the 90s as being called Bertos Cafť

Edit - apart from google confirming my namecheck recollection, I reckon your best bet is to trawl through the book Hy on Palace, all 500 pages of it.

It was a pretty unremarkable place, to be honest any black and white old photo of a typical 70's/80s cafť would probably suffice -

eg find something like this (maybe older)

"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 07-03-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I always fish this stat out so excuse me for repeating myself, but itís pretty amazing.

The Ďteam of the 80ísí ages at the start of our promotion winning season in 78/79:

Burridge 26
Hinshelwood 22
Sansom 19
Gilbert 18
Cannon 24
Murphy 18
Nicholas 18
Kember 29
Walsh 19
Swindelhurst 22
Hilaire 18
Fenwick 18
Mental
Old 07-03-2019, 12:03 PM

barnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebarnabas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by super al View Post
Morning all

Been a busy couple of weeks researching and chatting to the players about the film and they all speak very fondly of Solly's cafe (Now the Jerk Chicken next to the petrol garage on Whitehorse Lane) and what a gent Solly was. They've got some great stories but I need to illustrate it in some way - any BBS'ers got any personal photos either of the exterior or interior? I know a lot of fans used to go in there all the time.

Also - any photos from the Burnley or Ipswich game you might want to share? I'd love to illustrate those matches from the fans perspective.

Cheers
Al
Hope those players included Steve Leahy, without whose contribution you wouldn't have a documentary to make. He might have failed to cut it at first team level but he was a vital component of the Youth Cup winning teams. I especially remember the two goals he scored against Arsenal in the game at Mitcham, one a coolly taken penalty.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by marantz View Post
Yes mate I do remember it well it was a 3 3 against spurs if Iím not mistaken Iím good mate did Steve coppell play for a few minutes aswell
"Stevey, show us your bum, SteveyStevey show us your bum"
Old 07-03-2019, 12:56 PM

jxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningjxp3 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Bertos Cafe was run by one of mates Parents. He's not on the BBS but i have just spoken to him
and he was going to talk to his Mum about digging out some photos of his Dad (Solly) and the cafe.
Al, where can he forward them onto you to?