Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-01-2019, 10:18 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Bloke is a liability between him and pva cost us a goal Saturday , everyone moaning and Speroni what about this soldier who refused to play last season
Nosense PVA stopped Sako from clearing . Played well this year . A few risks but some player

Last edited by aj4england; 13-02-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 21-01-2019, 10:33 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Sure.

Why is it that many other teams managers and fans rate Roy Hodgson's Palace side as a decent team and yet a minority of our fans do nothing but pick holes about it and try to negate anything that is positive as if it is clever to do so.

Frankly you are pathetic and do not deserve to have a team to support.

Palace are not going down much to your annoyance.

COYP

Totally agree. There are a lot of spoilt children on here who have long forgotten how far we have come in a short space of time. All they want to do is pick holes in Parish, the team, the manager and anything.

I will recognise that we have had a frustrating season in particular at home as we all know, however we do have a decent side and a decent manager, yes he maybe stuck in his ways/systems but he is a man of great experience and ultimately rescued us from a hopeless position last season.

Even though we have not had Benteke for most of the season thus far we have put in more good performances than bad. No doubt we have lacked the killer instinct in front of goal and it is why we donít have the amount of points we probably deserve.

Please donít get me wrong I am not saying Benteke is going to score a shed load of goals (I do hope he does) but he is crucial to the way Roy wants us to play. I do have many frustrations like us all, lack of urgency at times, poor set pieces both defending and attacking, overplaying the ball in tight situations, trying to pass the ball into the net, rubbish thrown ins, not mixing it up with crosses when we have a big man to aim for, conceding goals after half time etc.

Ultimately though the players are committed and do not give up. They are playing for Roy. They do appear to be a tight knit group. They are well drilled bunch who follow the plan. They are a match for any team in this league on their day. We play some great football at times, the best I have ever seen maybe not so much this season but the back end of last season was exhilarating stuff at times. Our first goal against the bin dippers was beautiful, we took on their gegen press and got the ball out and killed them on the counter, we gave them a game. We have a manager that cares about the club and that matters a great deal to me. We have seen too many unsavoury characters here and itís refreshing to have someone with the worldly experience back at his home club.

So I urge all the whingers and moaners to look for the positives. It could be a lot lot worse.

I would love another cup run so lets get behind the lads on Sunday as the spuds are beatable. We beat them to get to the final 3 years ago and I do believe this side is far superior than that one. So who knows what could happen.

COYP!
Old 21-01-2019, 11:41 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Persistent negative posters need shifting to the Away End where they will feel right at home with the rest of their friends who do not support Palace.

COYP
Old 21-01-2019, 11:52 PM

asus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineasus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Persistent negative posters need shifting to the Away End where they will feel right at home with the rest of their friends who do not support Palace.

COYP
Agreed. Or maybe their own little sub section.
Old 22-01-2019, 01:27 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
Totally agree. There are a lot of spoilt children on here who have long forgotten how far we have come in a short space of time. All they want to do is pick holes in Parish, the team, the manager and anything.

I will recognise that we have had a frustrating season in particular at home as we all know, however we do have a decent side and a decent manager, yes he maybe stuck in his ways/systems but he is a man of great experience and ultimately rescued us from a hopeless position last season.

Even though we have not had Benteke for most of the season thus far we have put in more good performances than bad. No doubt we have lacked the killer instinct in front of goal and it is why we donít have the amount of points we probably deserve.

Please donít get me wrong I am not saying Benteke is going to score a shed load of goals (I do hope he does) but he is crucial to the way Roy wants us to play. I do have many frustrations like us all, lack of urgency at times, poor set pieces both defending and attacking, overplaying the ball in tight situations, trying to pass the ball into the net, rubbish thrown ins, not mixing it up with crosses when we have a big man to aim for, conceding goals after half time etc.

Ultimately though the players are committed and do not give up. They are playing for Roy. They do appear to be a tight knit group. They are well drilled bunch who follow the plan. They are a match for any team in this league on their day. We play some great football at times, the best I have ever seen maybe not so much this season but the back end of last season was exhilarating stuff at times. Our first goal against the bin dippers was beautiful, we took on their gegen press and got the ball out and killed them on the counter, we gave them a game. We have a manager that cares about the club and that matters a great deal to me. We have seen too many unsavoury characters here and itís refreshing to have someone with the worldly experience back at his home club.

So I urge all the whingers and moaners to look for the positives. It could be a lot lot worse.

I would love another cup run so lets get behind the lads on Sunday as the spuds are beatable. We beat them to get to the final 3 years ago and I do believe this side is far superior than that one. So who knows what could happen.

COYP!
First and foremost for me is always loving the Palace. All I want from the players is showing guts and that they appreciate how they earn their good money and have passion for the shirt while doing it.
Of course I want wins and trophies but would prefer the club to never lose its identity. I could rather do without any supporters, new or old, that find a Chelsea model preferable to guile and graft and an understanding of the relationship between club and catchment.
Old 22-01-2019, 02:32 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

COYP
Agreed. Some of the threads here aren't worth reading / commenting on because of the relentless and willful negativity. I rarely even bother visiting within 24 hours of a loss.

How people can be so cynical and bitter about out club when you think about where we were eight years ago is beyond me. And that's before you consider a sixth straight season in the most competitive football league the world has ever seen. The moaners and groaners should count how many clubs have managed to survive the last six Premier League seasons and compare those clubs spending to ours before they bash Parish and Co.

Or they can f*ck off, for all I care.
Old 13-02-2019, 05:04 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Bon Anniversaire Mama!!