Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Do you really think, giving our strikers goal scoring records over the past two seasons, that we warrant having an "impact sub" who is valued at around 40 million, plays for Belgium, and who Chelsea pay around 140k a week to?

If those numbers represented how good he was , he wouldn't be on loan at Palace. Chelsea overpaid and are over paying MB massively. His form doesn't deserve more than a bench place at the moment.
Old 20-02-2019, 12:10 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceSi View Post
--------------------------Guaita----------------------------

AWB--------Tomkins------------Sakho---------------PvA

----------McArthur---------Luka------------Schlupp

----------Townsend-----Batshuayi-------Wilf
Think this will be very close to Roy's choice.
Old 20-02-2019, 01:02 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
personally I would like to see;

---------------------------- Guaita --------------------------------
AWB-------------Tomkins------------ Sakho --------------PVA
---------------------Luka-----------Kouyate-------------------------
Andros --------------------- MAX ----------------------Wilf
-----------------------------Batshuayi-------------------------

\I guess it wont happen tho!
Old 20-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just hope he plays Kouyate, who has looked excellent lately, connecting the defence and attack more effectively than anyone in a while.

Benteke up top please, either alone or alongside Bats.

And I didn't think I'd ever say this but Schlupp should be alongside Luka and Kouyate
Old 20-02-2019, 02:23 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Exciting tk have to many options!!

Parish out!
Old 20-02-2019, 02:34 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leaning now towards Jimmy Mac, Luka and Kouyate in midfield. Tough on Schlupp, but we need someone more comfortable on the ball in the mix, better with ball retention.
Old 20-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Frisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
Leaning now towards Jimmy Mac, Luka and Kouyate in midfield. Tough on Schlupp, but we need someone more comfortable on the ball in the mix, better with ball retention.
Agreed. Its the midfield that dominated at Molineux. In fact Id play that side again with Batman in for Ayew.

Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Kouyate Luka McArthur
Townsend Batshuayi Zaha
Old 20-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
There’s no creativity in that midfield though.
Old 20-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
For me -

Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
Kouyate Luka Schlupp
Andros Wilf
Batshuayi

With Max to come on after an hour.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-02-2019, 04:46 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Roy will go for a solid Midfield Three so as to combat what can be a dangerous and attacking Leicester side, i am hoping RH brings on and Not starts with Schlupp and Meyer which may seem harsh on our goalscorers.

-------------------------------------Guaita--------------------------------------------------

------------AWB------------Tomkins-------------Sakho------------PVA-----------------------

----------------------Kouyate---------------Luka-----------------McArthur-----------------

---------------Zaha-----------------------Batshuayi-------------------Townsend--------------
Old 21-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Probationary User

Creagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fineCreagles is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Schlupp has to play
Old 21-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I expect it will be:

Guiata

AWB - Tomkins - Sakho/Kelly - PVA

Townsend - Luka - Schlupp - Zaha

McArthur

Benteke

Subs: Henno, Ward, Kelly/Dann, Sako, Kouyate, Meyer, Batshuyai
Old 21-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Personally:

Guiata

AWB - Tomkins - Sakho/Dann - PVA

Townsend - Luka - McArthur - Zaha

Meyer

Benteke

Subs: Henno, Ward, Dann/Kelly, Schlupp, Kouyate, Sako, Batshuyai
Old 21-02-2019, 03:49 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Personally:

Guiata

AWB - Tomkins - Sakho/Dann - PVA

Townsend - Luka - McArthur - Zaha

Meyer

Benteke

Subs: Henno, Ward, Dann/Kelly, Schlupp, Kouyate, Sako, Batshuyai
Each to their own I guess, but Benteke ! WHY ? What does he bring to the team .
Old 22-02-2019, 02:08 AM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we’re going to play like we did against Donny then Benteke has to play. If we’re going to realise that punting the ball to Michy’s head is stupid and we actually play to his strengths then we should start him given that he’s clearly our biggest goal threat (ignoring the one on one at the weekend) We should play the same midfield 3 as we did at the weekend and with a better keeper and centre halves we might actually be able to play the kind of passing football that suits Michy and allows Meyer and Schlupp to play off him.
I’d go:

Guaita

AWB
Tomkins
Sakho
PvA

Meyer
Luka
Schlupp

Townsend
Batshuayi
Zaha

Subs:
Hennessy
Ward
Kelly
Kouyate
McArthur
Ayew
Benteke
Old 22-02-2019, 03:24 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post

Interesting question.

In his first season a shitload of goals, which helped keep us up.

After that, not so much but he was carrying an injury that has been operated on and he's recovering full fitness.

Will he get us another shitload of goals?

Who knows but if we don't play him we'll never find out.
Old 22-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Joe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJoe.L came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
He has time and time again proved he is good at holding up the ball bringing others into play. Ideal for an away game like tomorrow I'd say.

What we have seen of Batshuyi so far suggests he is not capable of holding up the ball. The same can be said for Ayew.

So we either change the style of play or go with Benteke.

For me, Batshuyi us better suited for games at Selhurat where we are looking to dominate.
Old 22-02-2019, 09:51 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Guaita

Awb sakho tomkins pva

Luka McArthur Schlupp

Zaha bats Townsend
Old 22-02-2019, 10:01 AM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.L View Post
He has time and time again proved he is good at holding up the ball bringing others into play. Ideal for an away game like tomorrow I'd say.

What we have seen of Batshuyi so far suggests he is not capable of holding up the ball. The same can be said for Ayew.

So we either change the style of play or go with Benteke.

For me, Batshuyi us better suited for games at Selhurat where we are looking to dominate.
I must be watching a different Benteke?!
The one is see hardly ever holds it up, instead he tries weak first time touches that loses possession immediately.
He should be good at holding it up & bringing others into play with his size & physicality - the reality is that he isn't & he doesn't.
Wickam is probably best at this but is never fit.
Old 22-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Guaita

AWB
Sakho
Tomkins
PVA

Luka
Kouyate
Schlupp

Townsend
Benteke
Zaha

Subs: