Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Personally I feel it's an excellent podcast, and those guys should be commended for provided free content for fellow Palace fans
It is literally fantastic.
Old 14-02-2019, 05:48 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
The only time I feel annoyed is if (i) the team has played very badly, (ii) the team has played very well but still lost or (iii) we have been robbed by a dodgy decision or three. So I am annoyed most weeks really
Old 14-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Man U cup final loss was the only one that really got to me in recent years.

That and the 18 pints I drank that day.
Old 14-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Class Swot.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Shit for about 10minutes

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign (satire)
Old 14-02-2019, 06:57 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Personally I feel it's an excellent podcast, and those guys should be commended for provided free content for fellow Palace fans
Daly may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's Palace through and through. Streety is particularly articulate and generally captures it for me.
Old 14-02-2019, 06:58 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
If we lose on Sunday I'll be humpy, another year closer to the old wooden overcoat..

Just give me a cup win, then I might be happy-ish

Last edited by gold76; 15-02-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 14-02-2019, 08:18 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I used to be bloody miserable when Palace lost, as I’ve got older and realised through various experiences that there are far worse things to worry about in life, I get over it much quicker.....

Only takes a week or so now rather than a month
Old 14-02-2019, 08:30 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
First time I saw Palace loose was home to Bury about 55 years ago. At the time I thought how can this be happening and was really upset. Now I am in the shrug of the shoulders brigade and swearing a lot because I am up at 2 am to watch a defeat.

The young Mineagles take it bad and don't understand how I can take it like I do. Give it a few more years ,they will adapt a serene countenance like their father.
Old 14-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Crybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have genuine mental emotional scars from supporting Palace. I didn’t make the last final against Utd. I went and sat in my shed when we scored and preyed for the the final whistle. My heart broke even in there as I heard a 16 year old kid shout YES from a house behind. I actually cried. How sad is that.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:24 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybin Eagle View Post
I have genuine mental emotional scars from supporting Palace. I didnít make the last final against Utd. I went and sat in my shed when we scored and preyed for the the final whistle. My heart broke even in there as I heard a 16 year old kid shout YES from a house behind. I actually cried. How sad is that.
I feel your pain brother.
Old 14-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A good game and/or a decent performance softens the blow, but itís those lame home defeats where we huff and puff and could play till midnight without scoring and give away a soft goal or two that do my nut in
Old 14-02-2019, 10:19 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
How bad do you feel when Palace Lose

Not as bad as I used to.

Win, lose or draw the next mornings don't seem to feel a lot different these days.

I'm sure it would be different if I was at the actual games though.
Old 14-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Simple

Next morning feels like :

. Won - Sex

. Lost - Leave me alone
Old 14-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Not as bad as I used to.

Win, lose or draw the next mornings don't seem to feel a lot different these days.

I'm sure it would be different if I was at the actual games though.
I actually think itís worse not being at the game
Old 14-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Some of them get to me. Never carries over to the next day any more.
Old 14-02-2019, 11:16 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
I've been supporting them for almost 60 years so have developed a high level of immunity.
Over 60 years for me, but I still get nervous throughout a game and wish for a period when we can't stop winning. I take defeat really badly, but hey football is just a game isn't it?
Old 14-02-2019, 11:41 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Grrr. I feel grrr
Old 14-02-2019, 11:46 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I only get angry when we play well and get zero luck - usually a combination of poor refereeing, gamesmanship by the opposition, terrible defending mistakes or glaring chances squandered. So for our last 2 seasons to date angry most weeks. However it lasts less long as each year passes and now totalling over 50 following and watching Palace!
Old 15-02-2019, 12:04 AM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we play well and lose I feel much better than if we play badly. It also depends who we us lose to. If it's to a team I expected to lose to I get over it a lot quicker than if we had lost to a relegation threatened side. If the latter happens I don't want to talk about football, drown my sorrows or watch the match of the day. I don't want to come on here because that only makes things worse. I usually resurface football wise about 3 days later unless it was a very big match.

If we lose on Sunday it will probably take me a week to get over it.
Old 15-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Once a Mascot

Palaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last time I felt bad was the cup final. When we lose at home to Watford etc now it is expected. Doesn't bother me. Same old.