Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catford Eagle View Post
This is definitely my MO too. Unfortunately, it means that I very rarely get to see MOTD any more as watching high/lowlights is a definite no-no. Even watching someone else play on Sky the day after a unexpectedly poor result is a challenge.
Same here, if we lose I will ignore MOTD and BBC Sport in general for days after. The only connection I will make is with CPFC BBS, as it's therapeutic as we're all suffering together.

If we lose at home on a Saturday to a team we should beat, I will be in a bad mood until the Monday. If anything it has got worse as every result in the Prem feels crucial.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 15-02-2019, 10:50 PM

Battle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gutted.
Old 16-02-2019, 09:45 PM

Crybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Be interesting to see any reply’s posted after tomorrow’s game
Old 16-02-2019, 09:49 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crybin Eagle View Post
Be interesting to see any replyís posted after tomorrowís game

Hopefully this thread wonít be bumped tomorrow night.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:24 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me it all depends on who we have played and how we have played.

If itís a game against say Man City and we lose then Iím not bothered. Or if we won like we did in December Iím normally buzzing for a week.

If it was say Southampton at home and we lost I would have the right hump especially if we were poor like this season.

If we drew like we did against West Ham then i would have the hump for a while as I know we have missed not one but three glorious chances to win it.

Itís all relative for me. The Cup Final was probably one of the most gutting results for me but was so proud of us at the same time.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:27 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
The cup final hurt for a week.As did relegation in 2005.Administration was nerve wracking(I just missed the first one).Other than that the game is forgotten in an hour.
Old 17-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Gray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Canít watch Football till we play again after a defeat
Old 17-02-2019, 10:42 AM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
For me it all depends on who we have played and how we have played.

If itís a game against say Man City and we lose then Iím not bothered. Or if we won like we did in December Iím normally buzzing for a week.

If it was say Southampton at home and we lost I would have the right hump especially if we were poor like this season.

If we drew like we did against West Ham then i would have the hump for a while as I know we have missed not one but three glorious chances to win it.

Itís all relative for me. The Cup Final was probably one of the most gutting results for me but was so proud of us at the same time.
This ^
Old 17-02-2019, 11:36 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Waking in the morning after a defeat and the realisation of that hurts.

Spoils the next few days for me. Until I start looking forward to the next game.

The relegation battle years were spent doing the above a lot!
Old 18-02-2019, 01:19 PM

Crybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrybin Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As above sums it all up really
Old 18-02-2019, 05:05 PM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of the worst things is knowing there's another week or sometimes two before the next game. Misery sits with ya for awhile.
But as some have said on here, it can be relative & if we lose to a top 6 side by a single goal then at least we must've played well in parts!
"Always look on the bright side of death" as Eric Idle sang.
Old 28-02-2019, 06:50 PM

Now last night didn’t count for me, even when they came with 18 first team players missing. So today life has moved on in an amiable way , with odd grumbling thought bollococks we lost last night.
Old 28-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
ruins my weekend. early thrown the remote thru the screen on many occasions

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 28-02-2019, 10:33 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'm strangely frustrated by last nights loss. It just seems we have a mental block about playing The Wankers and don't perform as we know we can.

They seemed there for the taking... if they pissed all over us, I wouldn't be so pissed off I don't think.
Old 28-02-2019, 11:14 PM

greybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgreybot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Feels worse because we went through (for Palace) a really long period of not having lost a game. Liverpool defeat was over a month ago. Now I remember what losing feels like and I hate it.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by greybot; 28-02-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM

I started to watch the stream of the Utd game and as I do every week squirm so much I turn it off. The 2 worst squirm feelings I’ve had well worse than squirm almost felt genuinely like life and death feeling, was home to Blackburn second leg of play off sitting in the old stand, and the Dougie game to keep us up on the back of that I called our Labrador pup Dougie poor beggar died at 11 years and has been gone 5 years shit that where did the time go.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:31 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let's put it this way - My weekend is one hell of a lot better when we win
Old 01-03-2019, 12:43 PM

It’s just nice to know how so many non glory seeking fans feel. Other than the obvious
my heart goes out to every genuine lower division fan.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:22 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The older I get the more difficult I find it to sleep after defeat
Feel lousy for 48 hours
Old 01-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Naughty but nice

fioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has a correlation study ever been done plotting our losses against when the Croydon Cat killer strikes?

CPFC - Top 2 Tiers 1977 to ----

Seasons in the Top Flight - CPFC - 19 BHAFC - 6
Brig**on - Taking it since 1901