Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM?
Hennessey 1 0.21%
Ward 4 0.83%
Kelly 6 1.24%
Dann 15 3.11%
van Aanholt 2 0.41%
Meyer 69 14.32%
Schlupp 117 24.27%
Milivojevic 254 52.70%
Townsend * 10 2.07%
Ayew *** 1 0.21%
Batshuayi ** 1 0.21%
McArthur * 0 0%
Benteke ** 1 0.21%
Kouyaté ** 1 0.21%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Ward was poor, after his last performance in the cup, and you clearly know as much about central defenders as Judas Greedman with your remarks about Dann. What a surprise
Enjoy your week off school
Old 17-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Didn’t get out of second gear, and never looked in any trouble - therefore hard to give any marks.

Hennessey and Dann both were woeful with their distribution though - put us on the back foot time and time again.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
Luka, Kouyate and Schlupp all undroppable right now. As is our normal back 4, and Guaita.

That leaves 3 spots for Andros, Wilf and a center forward. So, in my mind, final choice is one of Ayew, Benteke or Bats. I would pick Bats.

Tough on MacArthur and Max.
McArthur will start v Leicester - first name on the team sheet
Old 17-02-2019, 08:25 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re McArthur, great player, and probably provides better balance to the central midfield 3. But Roy has a selection dilemma. Luka plays, but would you drop Kouyate or Schlupp? Maybe Kouyate since he is just coming back from injury.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:37 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
McArthur will start v Leicester - first name on the team sheet
And rightly so.

For me, Kouyate is not positive enough in possession and does not make himself available to receive the ball as well as McArthur.

Perhaps he needs 'bedding in' a little more - but he is getting better.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
I think Kayoute changed the game for us when he came on. Was assured in possession and won some important free kicks and time
Old 17-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Was the match thread full of negative shit?
Does the pope shit in the woods?
Old 17-02-2019, 09:01 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
We were in complete control for the last half hour.The 3 midfielders were great.Hennessey and Dann were awful.Everyone else meh.Really good atmosphere.
Old 17-02-2019, 09:04 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Hennessey awful.
How
Old 17-02-2019, 09:04 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Was the match thread full of negative shit?
I couldn’t watch the game so I was reading the match thread. It was dismal as always even at 2-0 up
Old 17-02-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
We were in complete control for the last half hour.The 3 midfielders were great.Hennessey and Dann were awful.Everyone else meh.Really good atmosphere.
Bollocks.
Old 17-02-2019, 09:08 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
How
Dann didn't help him but some of his distribution was ridiculous.
Old 17-02-2019, 09:09 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dann didn't help him but some of his distribution was ridiculous.
I'm blaming the back passes for the poor distribution. The one where he did a couple of kick-ups off for a corner was after a terrible pass from Dann. There was one from Kelly that was bobbling the entire time as well.
Old 17-02-2019, 09:09 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace_Akie View Post
Meyer MOTM for me, always wanted the ball and great in possession with a goal to boot,

Luka was also excellent in the middle. Kouyate did a good job solidifying the middle when he came on. Very professional performance.
Luka was very good , but it’s strange how opinions vary on max . Thought today max was far too slow on the ball and not offensive enough. Gave no service to bats .
Old 17-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Half time was a jolly affair. The HF brought their drum down into the concourse so the singing was similar to the terraces. Amazed Doncaster let the HF bring the drum and flags but it certainly helped the atmosphere. Also nice for everyone to be all on one level as two levels always gives a disjointed sound. Saw the handball incident (the slide tackle) o TV at half time. What did the commentators say as it looked a nailed on handball to me?
Old 17-02-2019, 09:16 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
His starts to game changing moments ratio for the club is starting to look impressive. I have dramatically changed my view on him and I think anyone that hasn’t is currently ignoring the facts.
Schlupp just needs to work on his consistency. Keep his game tight and then do what he does when he gets a chance. At the moment he has a mad few minutes where he loses concentration and the game passes him by.

I have a theory that he is still adjusting to a new position. Playing LB or LW there tends to be patches where the ball is on the other side of the pitch and you're left waiting for the action to return. Playing in a more central midfield means 100% concentration the whole time.
Old 17-02-2019, 09:18 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Dann excellent ? He was absolutely atrocious

Hennessey - 6. His passing and kicking was abysmal. The defenders just don’t look comfortable when he’s near the ball. Made one decent stop (was at the other end so couldn’t see if it took a deflection). Safe hands from a couple of crosses.

Ward - 8. One moment early on aside, I thought he was excellent. Contender for MOTM

Kelly. 6. Average. Poor passing but otherwise pretty solid.

Dann. 4. If he’s had a worse game for us I’ve not seen it. Just about every pass was misplaced. Looked very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. Played us into trouble 5 or 6 times. Appreciate he’s not had much football but he was terrible today.

PVA. 7. Seems to lose his man a lot. Decent going forward

Max. 8. Very good. Always showing for the ball and hustling when we were out of possession. Finished off a good move he helped start with a good header. Needs more game time

Andros. 8. Full of energy as always and had the most quality on show. Great player, makes us tick

Luka. 9. Never put a foot wrong. Tirelessly clearing up any mess. My MOTM

Schlupp. 8. Great run and finish and was generally tidy. Played well

Ayew. 5. Can’t fault his effort but talk about running down blind alleys...time after time. Doesn’t really seem to fit in to me.

Bats. 6. Disappointing. Didn’t win a single header. Should have scored.

Subs

Macca 7. Ok

Kayoute. 8. Very good. Looked composed and settled us down when we were up against it a bit

Benteke. 7. At least he won a few headers and made some runs.

Overall it was a 6.5 maybe 7 out of 10 performance. Hennessey had more to do than their keeper. Result that matters though so all good.

And the fans were brilliant as always. Safe journey back. I’m just having a pint in my local !
I agree with every word
Old 17-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Bollocks.
Thanks, Mrs Dann
Old 17-02-2019, 09:28 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
I couldn’t watch the game so I was reading the match thread. It was dismal as always even at 2-0 up
I thought we were comfortable with them attacking, we just looked more dodgy when we passed in backwards towards 'The Hen'

Two/Three corners given to them with bad back passes.

It took Man City 50 minutes to go 1-0 up against Newport. We were through to the next round at Half-time.
Old 17-02-2019, 09:28 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Two moments of class settled it. Great day out. My only regret is that Wayne didn't salute the second goal.