Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Quarter-finals: Guaita or Hennessey?
Guaita 446 91.77%
Hennessey 29 5.97%
Moo 11 2.26%
Voters: 486. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-02-2019, 01:40 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
WH had the poorest game from a goalkeeper who kept a clean sheet that I can remember seeing yesterday. We've all played football when you don't have any faith in the keeper and it is clear as day how much poorer the defence looks with WH behind him compared to VG.

It could have been better.

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Guiata > Speroni > Hennessey

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
WH had the poorest game from a goalkeeper who kept a clean sheet that I can remember seeing yesterday. We've all played football when you don't have any faith in the keeper and it is clear as day how much poorer the defence looks with WH behind him compared to VG.
What did he do poorly against Doncaster?
Old 18-02-2019, 01:47 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
What did he do poorly against Doncaster?
I think itís his demeanour as a keeper, yes he claimed the crosses ok yesterday but it never seems rightly confident or assured. Itís always a little awkwardness to his style which does not reassure fans or the defence this is a reliable guy.

The catches he made he never gets his body behind the ball, ends up side on. One of these days we will see another error like Villa away.

He parried a shot straight back into the area, a trait you criticised Speroni for, who, ultimately has had the best goalkeeping performance of the season so far, as well as arguably the worst.

Cut out losses and get Guaita in nets for the cup.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey was good yesterday, he had a couple of tricky back passes to deal with, but he was very solid on crosses and dealt with everything coming his way. I'm don't think his goal kicking was bad at all, they certainly went further than Guaita's did against West ham....it kinda depends who's on the receiving end, Batshuayi didn't exactly impress with his heading ability, and without Benteke or Kouyate starting that doesn't leave us much in the heading ability from goal kicks other than Schlupp

Might be a case of horses for courses...if we get City or United in the next round we might need more of a shot-stopper (Guaita)
Old 18-02-2019, 02:09 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
I think itís his demeanour as a keeper, yes he claimed the crosses ok yesterday but it never seems rightly confident or assured. Itís always a little awkwardness to his style which does not reassure fans or the defence this is a reliable guy.

The catches he made he never gets his body behind the ball, ends up side on. One of these days we will see another error like Villa away.

He parried a shot straight back into the area, a trait you criticised Speroni for, who, ultimately has had the best goalkeeping performance of the season so far, as well as arguably the worst.

Cut out losses and get Guaita in nets for the cup.
We haven't had any losses in the cup, in fact the only keeper to have lost a cup game this season was Guaita to Championship opposition!

Worst 2 errors this season:
1: Speroni putting it into his own net (Salah spared him the OG)
2: Guaita taking Antonio's head off

Whilst i think Guaita is the better keeper and have had him in my Fantasy team since matchday 1, Hennessey is a decent back up at PL level, he has done everything asked of him in the cup run and kept 2 clean sheets as well as 5 in the league. I think it would be harsh to take him out of the cup team for the next round.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:10 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
It's not the popular answer but I'd keep Hennessey in goal for the cup games , the healthy competition can only keep the pair of them on their toes . And he did keep a clean sheet as well .
Old 18-02-2019, 02:17 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Has anybody asked if bears shit in the woods yet?
Old 18-02-2019, 02:18 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
It's not the popular answer but I'd keep Hennessey in goal for the cup games , the healthy competition can only keep the pair of them on their toes . And he did keep a clean sheet as well .
Except when he fannied that shot right at him almost to the feet of their centre forward.

Useless.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like Guaita did twice against West Ham and Hennessey did in the away fixture against them?

Keepers sometimes parry it back into the danger zone, often they need to bailed out by their defenders being alert. Often it is luck rather than judgement whether you concede. You may say i would be critical of Guaita, i wasnt against West Ham, i only referenced Wayne similar parry from the free kick that Hernandez scored away and was criticised for.

I did hope you are not trying to claim his parrying of a ball that moved in the air as an error?
I rest my case, m'lud.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:24 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Hennessey had a decent game and did what was asked of him. As for who we should play in the Quarters, I'm happy to leave that up to Roy.

Absolutely.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:25 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Guiata.

Then Speroni
Then Perri

Imagine it, Millwall away they're swinging in long balls and corners with big lumps like Cooper. I wouldn't trust Hennessy personally at all.

Nothing against the man, just over years gone by he's sucked all my confidence in him.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
If Man City, then both please
Relax, we always beat them
Old 18-02-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I rest my case, m'lud.
Nope you have lost me. What case are you putting?
Old 18-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hennessey did nothing wrong

Come on Gonzo, Christ.

Even the Donny fans have been commenting on how terrible his footwork and kicking was.

I quote: "I'm not sure I've seen a keeper as bad with his feet as that in League One, let alone the PL".
Old 18-02-2019, 04:11 PM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We haven't had any losses in the cup, in fact the only keeper to have lost a cup game this season was Guaita to Championship opposition!

Worst 2 errors this season:
1: Speroni putting it into his own net (Salah spared him the OG)
2: Guaita taking Antonio's head off

Whilst i think Guaita is the better keeper and have had him in my Fantasy team since matchday 1, Hennessey is a decent back up at PL level, he has done everything asked of him in the cup run and kept 2 clean sheets as well as 5 in the league. I think it would be harsh to take him out of the cup team for the next round.
Hennessey doing his best impression of a Mexican Wave for the Watford goal runs Guaita very close for giving away the penalty.

If we're serious about winning this cup then we need to play the strongest team. Hennessey has experienced a cup run until the final with us anyway.

FFS MURRAY!
Old 18-02-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Come on Gonzo, Christ.

Even the Donny fans have been commenting on how terrible his footwork and kicking was.

I quote: "I'm not sure I've seen a keeper as bad with his feet as that in League One, let alone the PL".
Several times he was played into difficult situations with a backpass from Dann under pressure. Something Donny did very well was to force errors at the back with good pressure.

His footwork has never been brilliant, i don't claim it has, but he came and claimed high balls and to be fair he wasn't tested that much, but he did what he had to do.

Guiata's kicking, especially under pressure from a team pressing high has hardly looked brilliant this season.

As i have said, i know who i think is the better keeper, i know who will be in goal on Saturday and in the league. This is a question about who will be in goal for the next round of the cup where we usually field our reserve GK and IMO he hasn't done anything to lose that opportunity to play in that game.
Old 18-02-2019, 04:26 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
Guaita unless it's Millwall, in which case Hennessey.
To get the right wing Millwall fans onside?
Old 18-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
I think it’s more to do with giving the reserve keeper game time. Without reserve team football, squad players can go months without a competitive game.
Sure in the early rounds, but now we have a serious chance to progress deep into the competition.
Old 18-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Now is the time to switch to playing our first team. If not now, when? Should we play an FA Cup final with that back five?