Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 09-05-2020, 09:00 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Southern Soul

Worth its own thread, it most famous practitioners are probably Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett and Al Green, but I thought I'd start with this.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:04 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Hadn't heard that one before, great cover.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:01 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Didn’t know it either, great cover of a great song.
This thread could be epic - ever seen the docu about FAME studios?
I also remember a brilliant evening at Queen Elizabeth Hall in the 90s with Joe South, Dan Penn, Guy Clark, Vic Chesnutt and Allen Toussaint all playing.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:31 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Millie Jackson

Last edited by Stellavista; 10-05-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:47 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Man, I love the BBS

Here's one from Bobby Blue Band that I'm sure I first heard on Robbie Vincent's Radio London show (45+ years ago).

Loved it then, still love it now

Old 10-05-2020, 05:54 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And for all you romantics out there struggling with 'relationship'' problems....

Gotta say, my boy looks like a black Swiss Toni

Old 10-05-2020, 05:57 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Id like to earnestly recommend this compilation, 75 songs, lovingly compiled and mastered with a 72 page book. Ace Records never get it wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4AE3F8E3-4F8B-4680-99AE-AA714AC944FD.jpg (984.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-05-2020, 06:06 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Here's a duet and a half...

Old 10-05-2020, 06:10 AM
Pass me the Vongole

The incomparable....

Put yer foot on the rock why dontcha

Old 10-05-2020, 06:13 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post

Id like to earnestly recommend this compilation, 75 songs, lovingly compiled and mastered with a 72 page book. Ace Records never get it wrong.
I think El Ag and I are allowed to agree on music threads if nowhere else, so I would like to reiterate that this is utterly smashing, as is To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:13 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:

That is some track listing Mark. Is it available on vinyl?
Old 10-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
No - I can't remember if it ever was (I kind of prefer CDs, anyway, though I like the turnover when people buy LPs).
Old 10-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I think El Ag and I are allowed to agree on music threads if nowhere else, so I would like to reiterate that this is utterly smashing, as is To view the link you have to Register or Login.
This is brilliant as well. The only good thing about you is your music taste.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:16 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
It's not just the track listing, either, it's so well put together, the book is marvellous, and they make sure the artists or their heirs get paid royalties even when copyright has expired - which hardly anybody does and of course, they are not obliged to do. Class act, Ace.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:03 AM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Far and away the best compilation I have ever bought. Still a regular for when we go on a road trip.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:05 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
It's not just the track listing, either, it's so well put together, the book is marvellous, and they make sure the artists or their heirs get paid royalties even when copyright has expired - which hardly anybody does and of course, they are not obliged to do. Class act, Ace.
On order
Old 10-05-2020, 11:21 AM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Ace's 'Kent' label imprint has put out loads of great stuff.Here's but one example,

Old 10-05-2020, 12:06 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Here's a duet and a half...

I absolutely love this song. An all time classic.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:16 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Some great songs guys keep them coming. Especially any Otis.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:52 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
No - I can't remember if it ever was (I kind of prefer CDs, anyway, though I like the turnover when people buy LPs).
That's interesting. Why the preference for CDs? Is it just the convenience?