Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-06-2016, 08:14 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Brexit impact on Scotland / Ireland

Anyone have thoughts on impact f vote on Scotland / Ireland?

Scottish nationalists will be delighted. A vote for independence is now also a defacto vote for joining EU.

I imagine this will happen soon.

If Scotland goes then there will be a general loosening of the U.K and of course that impacts The Irish question.

The economic benefits for Ireland will be pretty good for them. Already ahead of UK for American companies - this is now going to be exaggerated.

Interesting times.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:18 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Well Sinn Fein has said the result "intensifies" the call for a united Ireland.

Sturgeon will pick her moment after testing the waters, and I would be very surprised if there isn't a second referendum for Scotland's own independence, within the next twelve months.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:28 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Well Sinn Fein has said the result "intensifies" the call for a united Ireland.
I'd think there maybe some in those part's who'd rather die than let that happen.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:35 AM

rudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minerudeboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

The economic benefits for Ireland will be pretty good for them. Already ahead of UK for American companies - this is now going to be exaggerated.
I thought the general view was that Brexit would negatively impact Ireland? is that not the case?
Old 24-06-2016, 08:44 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Fairly decisive up here for remain, but the SNP need to gauge whether that actually translates to a majority vote for Independence.

The issue of whether Scotland can simply remain in the EU while rUK leave may be an answer that is needed for many.

Would Scotland risk Independence without the perceived safety net of the EU?

Or Scotland adopts the attitude the UK has a whole has adopted over this EU referendum, and said sod it, go for it regardless.

The SNP dominate Scottish politics, so surely they are not going to put at risk this domination, by calling another referendum so soon after the last unless they can almost guarantee a YES vote.

This is why they consistently say, it is a decision to be made by the Scottish people as to if and when another referendum is called.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I am not sure why we get so bothered about Scotland they are pat of the UK they had the chance to change that and elected not to they decided that they were better off as part of the UK you cant jut change your mind if you don't like something that the country you have chosen to be part of does.

Scotland makes up in populace about the same as London I what do we do break the country in little sets of 5m people and say do you want to be part of the UK ?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 24-06-2016, 08:45 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
not an expert on the Scottish Parliament but the SNP have 2 less seats than the oppo. Won't they need a couple of opposition parties to want a referendum too ?
Old 24-06-2016, 08:47 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
I live in Belfast... Lots of unease in the build up. A real fear that brexit will spark the troubles back up again
Old 24-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen is offline
Jedi's Beard also.....

Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sinn Fein love immigration. Especially of Eastern European Catholics into Ulster. So of course they are pro EU.

The republic should organise an Eire-xtion to follow the Brexit. Shame they do not have the balls to follow through, even after being totally shafted by Merkel and co. The fastest growing population in the western world, a spectacular economic crash, loading debts onto future generations, nutty human rights legislation allowing murderers and rapists out of prison early...... and still they think the EU is a good thing. Its like a victim being in love with their abuser.

Last edited by Seagull-Eater_ Miss_Selhurst_ SE19_denizen; 24-06-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
This is why they consistently say, it is a decision to be made by the Scottish people as to if and when another referendum is called.
A referendum on whether to hold a referendum?
Old 24-06-2016, 08:57 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Scotland voted in clear knowledge of the referendum. Of course, one would expect opportunist SNP politicians to have a go, but they have to respect the democratic process.

And look at the price of oil since the SNP drew up their budget plans.
Old 24-06-2016, 08:59 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Scotland should vote again, as should Wales and Norn Ireland. It could be a real broken Britain. It would make me chuckle.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.
Old 24-06-2016, 09:20 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi's_beard View Post
Sinn Fein love immigration. Especially of Eastern European Catholics into Ulster. So of course they are pro EU.

The republic should organise an Eire-xtion to follow the Brexit. Shame they do not have the balls to follow through, even after being totally shafted by Merkel and co. The fastest growing population in the western world, a spectacular economic crash, loading debts onto future generations, nutty human rights legislation allowing murderers and rapists out of prison early...... and still they think the EU is a good thing. Its like a victim being in love with their abuser.
but you're no bigot at all are you?
Old 24-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
I preferred him when he was pretending to be a young lady
Old 24-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Part of the reason remain lost was even in the supposedly massively pro EU Scotland, although they won, the margins of victory were nothing like needed.

Could the snp really be confident of winning any more referendums, and if they wanted to join the EU, will it still exist in the form its in today in a few years time.....
Old 24-06-2016, 09:25 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
I have a thought. Please can we (London) join you?
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/9

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 24-06-2016, 09:28 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Seriously, why can't London and Scotland form a new union? The division between these two and the rest of the country is marked.

I'd take a London Scotland quasi state tomorrow. Let those that voted out deal with the consequences.
"And for the old, Brexit might well rid the country's care homes of Eastern European workers, but no blond blue eyed university graduate is going to come and wipe your arse or listen to your stories of the war you never fought in."

adrenalin john 17/05/9

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost...&postcount=245
Old 24-06-2016, 09:39 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quite funny in a way that the leave campaign were and still are championing the slogan 'Make Britain Great Again', whilst countries in the Union are now looking to break away via referendums.

I think it's only a matter of time before we break away from each other anyway. Farage speaking of the commonwealth, needs to let that go too. There is no resurrection there and is just another stupid throwaway comment to voters of his party that will take something like that seriously ala the 350 million for the NHS quip.
Old 24-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I would suggest that Northern Ireland should try to unite with the RoI and the Scots should leave the UK and both new states should try to attract businesses from England.
Old 24-06-2016, 09:56 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why on earth would the EU actually want Scotland? Seriously? It is going to be busy enough trying to prevent a whole slew of northern European countries departing now, let alone wanting to hang out the welcome mats for the Scottish who will become a net drain on their resources from day 1. And the SNP must huff and puff but they are not going to call for a new referendum any time soon given not only the collapse in the oil price but also the fact that they need to retain the as well.

No. Scotland is not going anywhere.

And Dublin will be more than happy to sit down with London and reach a friendly accommodation. It stands to gain nothing from a fresh round of troubles and is far more dependent on the UK than it is any other nation in the world for a whole variety of reasons.